Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Single women are a burden on the state

Posted by yurble 
Single women are a burden on the state
May 11, 2018
According to a Japanese member of parliament. Because it's not like they're working and paying into the system. But not having babies apparently makes them burdens. Naturally there's nothing to be said about men who aren't having children, and all women not having children are assumed to be single.

And in the face of criticism, he says he didn't mean to disrespect women. eye rolling smiley
Re: Single women are a burden on the state
May 11, 2018
yurble
According to a Japanese member of parliament. Because it's not like they're working and paying into the system. But not having babies apparently makes them burdens. Naturally there's nothing to be said about men who aren't having children, and all women not having children are assumed to be single.

And in the face of criticism, he says he didn't mean to disrespect women. eye rolling smiley

I saw this today.

If they want to address the so-called birth problem in Japan, then they need to look inward and address a culture that forces women out of the workforce when pregnant and makes them dependent on their husbands after having children. They also need to address this notion of woman as child minder/housewife and man as provider. All tasks can and should be shared among the couple.

Until this is resolved, many women will choose to be single and childfree. And I don't blame them.
May 12, 2018
Peace
I saw this today.

If they want to address the so-called birth problem in Japan, then they need to look inward and address a culture that forces women out of the workforce when pregnant and makes them dependent on their husbands after having children. They also need to address this notion of woman as child minder/housewife and man as provider. All tasks can and should be shared among the couple.

Until this is resolved, many women will choose to be single and childfree. And I don't blame them.

Don't forget, a culture where 60+ hour workweeks are the norm. How do you find time to meet someone, if all you do is work? And working those hours, wouldn't you dream of coming home to peace and quiet? I hope Japan does fix its work culture. But I hope women still don't show much interest in breeding, now that so many have seen what life can be like if you ignore that expectation!
May 14, 2018
Whenever I hear some idiot say, "Who's going to take care of you when you're old" or "How is it fair that other people should take care of you in your old age" I think, "Well, damn, I get ass-raped by the government in taxes, what with property taxes, no deductions and no child credits, those little shits owe me big time".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login