Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Establish a culture of consent by asking to change diapers

Posted by yurble 
Establish a culture of consent by asking to change diapers
May 12, 2018
In order to establish a "culture of consent," parents should ask for permission before changing a baby's diapers, according to Australian "expert" Deanne Carson, who has been experiencing a lot of trolling since voicing this opinion. According to her, mocking her is negating the voices of survivors of sexual abuse.
Re: Establish a culture of consent by asking to change diapers
May 12, 2018
yurble
In order to establish a "culture of consent," parents should ask for permission before changing a baby's diapers, according to Australian "expert" Deanne Carson, who has been experiencing a lot of trolling since voicing this opinion. According to her, mocking her is negating the voices of survivors of sexual abuse.

When I read the title of your post, I assumed it was about asking the consent of the people around you before you changed your baby's diaper.

Silly me.
May 12, 2018
skyeyes
When I read the title of your post, I assumed it was about asking the consent of the people around you before you changed your baby's diaper.

I like to imagine a genteel world wherein someone asks, "Mind if I change a diaper?" instead of just doing it at an airport gate or on a cafe table, which would give us all the chance to opt out of the scent and germ exposure. But I'd much rather see it go from 1930s era smoking manners of asking permission to modern smoking manners, where it is viewed as extremely boorish to do it outside of designated areas.

But that would make sense. As you realized, this woman is not making sense.
May 12, 2018
And if consent is not given? “I know it’s a terrible rash, Ms Social Worker, but Breighleigh would not consent to having her nappy changed for a week. Blame her.”
May 12, 2018
happyhiker
And if consent is not given? “I know it’s a terrible rash, Ms Social Worker, but Breighleigh would not consent to having her nappy changed for a week. Blame her.”

I'm picturing a cartoon with two mummy types sitting down with two babies crawling around by their feet. One infant has a bulging diaper and lines of stench wafting up from it. Says the first: My dear, are you experiencing diaper need? Says the second, looking equally snobbish: Of course not! We've instituted a culture of consent in our home, and Jayden simply hasn't consented to a change this week.
May 12, 2018
skyeyes
yurble

Silly me.

Me too. Then I realized it was about asking the rugrat with the soiled diaper for permission to change the diaper.

SJWism has become a self-parody, but it seems to be on the way to burning out. That won't happen a moment too soon.
May 13, 2018
kman

SJWism has become a self-parody, but it seems to be on the way to burning out. That won't happen a moment too soon.

You guys think like me on here. Many of us on here have been here since the beginning. I've always pretty much agreed w/ everyone politically (not that we have to). I always identified left of center. But now the left has gone off the deep end in my opinion. People say w/ age you get more conservative, but I think the left has changed, not me. I find it funny that we still all basically agree on here after the SJWs took over.
May 13, 2018
yurble
happyhiker

I'm picturing a cartoon with two mummy types sitting down with two babies crawling around by their feet. One infant has a bulging diaper and lines of stench wafting up from it. Says the first: My dear, are you experiencing diaper need? Says the second, looking equally snobbish: Of course not! We've instituted a culture of consent in our home, and Jayden simply hasn't consented to a change this week.

I spit my tea when I read this, yurble!
May 20, 2018
yurble

Brats need diaper changes if they want them or not. Brats are too stupid to understand that turds can hurt them.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 20, 2018
craftyzits
Brats need diaper changes if they want them or not. Brats are too stupid to understand that turds can hurt them.

Children generally don't want to: brush their teeth, get vaccinations, eat vegetables, bathe, go to bed, etc, etc. Getting their consent to do these things sounds distinctly like child neglect.
May 21, 2018
Moo and duh asked toadler if she wants to go to France with them for 2 weeks. She refused to think about it and just babbled incoherently and chewed her toys so they left her with enough food to keep her alive until they returned and made sure to leave out her little potty for her. They were establishing a culture of consent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login