Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandmoos screwing up fun retirement for husbands

Posted by cfdavep 
Grandmoos screwing up fun retirement for husbands
May 12, 2018
There are people out there retiring and living on cruise ships

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/1ed1b349-c6b0-3710-94c4-21b31620c9c3/the-shocking-reasons-why.html

One guy said that he wanted to make it a regular thing, but the wife and grandkids:

"Last year my wife and I took a 45 day cruise to the south Pacific where we met a few people who had retired to the cruising life. Many of the longer voyages are on ships with only 1000-1200 passengers which offer a much more relaxed, quiet and restful experience than the ships that carry thousands of younger folks on one and two week vacations. If it wasn't for my wife's insistence of seeing the grand kids more frequently, I could see myself doing this for the next 15 years"

Can't escape at any age
Re: Grandmoos screwing up fun retirement for husbands
May 12, 2018
Well, he's choosing to let himself be constrained. He could always go alone.
May 13, 2018
Probably couldnt afford to keep the house and do the permanent cruising. And, obviously, you might want to spend time traveling w/ your loved one.

My male friend had the same convo w/ his long time GF. She was shocked he didn't want to be a "big part" of his grandkids' lives if and when he ever has them. He's like sure, we'll have holidays and everything but I want to relocate, maybe even still work a bit, and travel on my motorcycle. Not stay here and have brunch every other weekend w/ the grandkids and go to their sporting activities.

I get it but the moos dont. We dont understand this obsession w/ the "little people" do we?
May 13, 2018
I guess this shouldn't be a surprise, right? Moos are expected to have zero identity and it becomes a life sentence.

I've known quite a few women who worked and retired, only to feel some obligation to watch their grandbrats full time. That won't be my life. Losers.
May 13, 2018
I have encountered many grandparents where the grandmoo wanted to spend most of their time money and identity on their kids and grandkids to the detriment of all other life options.
They became their families full time slaves and banks and to hell with any plans the granddad may have wanted.
May 13, 2018
My one former friends found out she had a progressive, fatal neurological disorder, yet she felt "guilty" about her daughter putting her kids in daycare, so she watched the two crotch nugget mistakes (conceived in a shaky marriage) all day every day. Her cunt daughter has an excellent professional job and could afford day care. Her employer offered subsidized day care (subsidized by you-know-who) that she never used. CD had no qualms about dumping her brats on her mom. Doesn't anybody watch their own kids anymore?
May 14, 2018
cfuter
Probably couldnt afford to keep the house and do the permanent cruising. And, obviously, you might want to spend time traveling w/ your loved one.

Divorce was the option I was thinking of.
May 15, 2018
Divorce might make it to the point he can't afford it either, plus not everyone wants to cut ties over one point of contention. Some people commit to their vows, and w/o abuse or some other unlivable condition, I could see this as not a viable option for the man.

A few yrs ago, there was an article that said, women over a certain age....maybe 50/60 considered their daughters their best friends, and talked to them everyday and confided in them even before their spouses, and at the absence of any other friends(probably cuz moos slowly kill off any relationships that are not brat related) All their social activities related to their daughters and daughters kids. So, this grandkid obsession is really to be expected. I can't personally think of living a life and 40-60 yrs of it being devoted to brats and their antics and boring activities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login