Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Think Of The Frankenbabies

Posted by Peace 
Think Of The Frankenbabies
May 13, 2018
Basically, an embryo storage tank malfunctioned and rendered all the embryos unviable. Cue all the couples mourning the loss of the frankenbabies they'll never have.

One woman said her mother-in-law looked on with horror when she got the news about uterine cancer, not because of a deadly disease, but because of no grandbabies.

Another would be moo said a woman's identity is in childbearing, and this was taken away from her.

If they want children so badly, why don't they adopt? In the USA, we have more than 500k children in foster care. Aren't those living, breathing people deserving of a home, or is it only about having a DNA replicant? Oh wait, we all know the answer to this.

My identity is about me: my life, my accomplishments, my skills and abilitites, my hopes and dreams. If all a woman can claim as an accomplishment is a basic biological function, then she's failed as a human being, in my opinion.

The timing is perfect; a "heart wrenching" story about da babeeeez on Mothers Day.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/may/13/their-embryos-were-destroyed-now-they-mourn-the-children-theyll-never-have
Re: Think Of The Frankenbabies
May 13, 2018
If they want children so badly, why don't they adopt? In the USA, we have more than 500k children in foster care. Aren't those living, breathing people deserving of a home, or is it only about having a DNA replicant? Oh wait, we all know the answer to this.
Yes, Yes it is all about replicating themselves. Back when I had more illusions and more energy, I often thought about someday adopting.I saw one plus of adopting might be a freedom from expecting the kid to live up to your family traits. Growing up , I felt big pressure to live out my parents' ambitions. I believe I might have been mostly free of that kind of expectation if the kid I had were from a mostly unknown gene pool
May 13, 2018
You can’t say that you have lost your identity because you can’t reproduce and then claim that desire to be anything but selfish. I can’t imagine my mother thinking of me as an accessory that validates her existence. No pressure there. Geez.

If your identity is so wrapped up in being maternal, why concentrate your efforts into 2 or 3 individuals for 18 years? A devoted person could probably foster hundreds of children in her lifetime or be a pediatrician and work for Doctors Without Borders or run a group home for the mentally handicapped or any of a hundred other ways to live that out in a much bigger way.
May 14, 2018
THEY HAD A FUCKING MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR THIS SHIT?? What the actual FUCK??

Where's the engraved bench for all the living, breathing kids that were killed by their own parents? Or died because of serious illness? No, no, those kids don't matter, but it's super fucking important that we mourn these clusters of cells who defrosted. /eyeroll

Pronatalist society has officially gone too far.
May 15, 2018
Thanks for posting this. I needed a good laugh.
May 16, 2018
I mourn

I mourn for the hair I brushed this morning, those clumps of cells have left my body and will now perish
I mourn for my monthly bill, those could have been baybeez
I mourn for my baths, skin, hair, body cells that will no longer live
I mourn for elimination, waste cells leaving my body
I mourn for the scraps and cuts endured while landscaping yesterday, as those cells no longer live

playing a violin Bless the heart-wrenched little souls and potential in all human cells

B-buut the cells will never return! hysterical laughter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login