Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another summer full of screaming kids starts with a bang

Posted by rosyie 
Another summer full of screaming kids starts with a bang
May 17, 2018
So for the past 20 years, I've lived in ground level apartment that looks out onto an area that contains an in-ground pool, four picnic tables, and gas grills. Like clockwork, a massive group of young breeders and their shrieking spawn have set up shop for their picnic extravaganza that goes on for hours. They take every table. The worst part of all this is that the yard has drainage areas on which a bunch of small & large rocks are piled. The kids cannot leave those fucking rocks alone. One sits right outside my patio doors and much yelling/screaming ensues when playing with the rocks. I'll give a couple of the breeder bitches credit: usually they don't pay much attention to what their spawn's do, these decided to stick right by their little screamers and watch them mess with the rocks.

After about an hour of hearing every shriek and scream, I finally beat on the window to make them stop. They are still yelling, but at least they've had the sense to move off slightly in the distance. I probably looked crazy to them, but who gives a shit what they think.

I've contacted the apartment manager via email twice already tonight about the noise, asking who they are and to tell them to warn the mowers to watch out for rocks in the grass the shit spawn have flung about. If I knew which tenants they were, I would confront them myself, but for now, I've contacted my landlord. This is not the first year of this shit the apartment complex has had to endure either & there is no doubt in my mind that I'm the only complainer.

If anyone has an idea of what I may do outside what I've already done, please let me know. It does not even matter that I have all the windows shut in the apartment, the noise is echoing off the buildings surrounding the area where they are is like they are right outside the window.
Re: Another summer full of screaming kids starts with a bang
May 17, 2018
I would go to a warehouse store and buy enormous vats of maple syrup and pour it all over the rocks in the middle of the night. Where I live, that would guarantee millions of ants by morning. If you don’t have ants or wasps, you’ll still have really sticky rocks. The kids won’t mind, but the MOOs will.
May 18, 2018
We rented an apartment with a pool in back years ago and never again. There is NOTHING that will attract breeders and their spawn like a pool, the more boring the place the better
I like @Happyhiker’s idea. If they step on your property you could yell at them. I had a sprog that would pull branches off the tee in my driveway. I tapped the glass and glared at him. The sprog ran away but then he came back. I opened my front door, yelled at him to stop fucking with my tree, and he ran away. You could also write a note and put it out there. Is it passive aggressive? Yes. Does it work? Absolutely. When I lived with my parents, the neighbors there messed with my plants as well. My parents went on vacation and my dad stupidly told the neighbor sproggen they could use our pool. Saw the fucker sticking his pool towel and other objects into my Venus flytrap. I was steaming. I wrote up a letter telling him my plant is a LIVING THING, isn’t his toy, and even though my dad said he could use the pool, he wasn’t entitled to treat the whole place as his. The letter disappeared a couple days later and the little shit was a lot more respectful of the place.

You could also get headphones. I know, I know. You shouldn’t have to get headphones, they should behave. I 100% agree. Unfortunately, in my experience glaring at them doesn’t do it. For pain reduction, I’d get headphones.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
May 18, 2018
I'm going to get this for the summer to honk away the brats:

Bear horn
May 19, 2018
https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/bach-at-the-burger-king/#!

Try this to get them to Bach off.

Are the rocks part of the drainage system? If so, you could report that the drainage system is being damaged and offer to take pictures. If not, perhaps move the rocks away from the pool area. Experience tells me if the brats are being bratty management isn't going to do anything about it unless it could be a liability to them. It wouldn't prevent pool noise but it may help with the noise immediate to your apartment.

For the pool noise maybe a white noise maker or run fans as white noise?

Lived in an apartment complex where a gang of unsupervised children (all about 4 or younger and always in a group of 3 kids or more) would crawl around and play in a parking lot right in parking spaces where they can't be seen by drivers. They were about 20 ft. from a fenced park. Told management and they said they had heard numerous complaints about the kids and had brought it to the attention of their parents. Management figured out nothing would happen until one of the kids is ran over with a car then the mama bear claws would emerge. At least there were complaints on record of it happening repeatedly so if a driver hits one maybe he/she won't rot in jail.
July 17, 2018
Open your windows, place speakers at windows facing pool and blast the most offensive rap music you can find toward the kids. Drop as many audio F-bombs as you can. The moos will come take their kids away from the noise and probably keep them away. It worked on my neighbors last summer :-)
July 17, 2018
freedomchick
Open your windows, place speakers at windows facing pool and blast the most offensive rap music you can find toward the kids. Drop as many audio F-bombs as you can. The moos will come take their kids away from the noise and probably keep them away. It worked on my neighbors last summer :-)

I think "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot would be great for something like that! Jusssst enough innuendo to offend the tender ears of brats, and piss off their handlers!
July 17, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nQ9lmriWOc

This one over and over LOUD
July 17, 2018
happyhiker
I would go to a warehouse store and buy enormous vats of maple syrup and pour it all over the rocks in the middle of the night. Where I live, that would guarantee millions of ants by morning. If you don’t have ants or wasps, you’ll still have really sticky rocks. The kids won’t mind, but the MOOs will.

Scary. I was thinking syrup of some kind...then I read this!
July 17, 2018
http://www.movingsoundtech.com/

https://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/

mumofsixbirds
freedomchick

I think "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot would be great for something like that! Jusssst enough innuendo to offend the tender ears of brats, and piss off their handlers!

How about the Richard Cheese versions? His lounge version of "Die, Motherfucker, Die" should do the trick nicely.
July 19, 2018
Update: Either the gods heard me or the culprits have been served, but since writing the above, I have not seen hide nor hair of any of shrieklings or their handlers. I was never contacted about my complaints to my landlord but I am more than okay with that, since they have not been back. Maybe other tenants also wrote emails as well as me. Here is to a peaceful summer!
July 20, 2018
Great update. Maybe the landlord heard your calls. May the force of summer peace stay with you!
July 21, 2018
What is it with kids screaming nonstop like they're being skinned alive? I truly don't remember anyone making such a racket when I was a kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login