Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You’ll Be Happiest During These Two Years of Your Life, According to Science

Posted by freya 
According to science you'll be happiest at ages 23 and 69.

Curiously, the article fails to note both these ages have a very high probability of there being no kids in the picture.

It flirts with the idea a bit here "After all, your 40+ years are a busy time filled with “raising families, climbing the corporate ladder, and you know, life in general...."

Most people are poor at 23 but probably have relatively uncomplicated lives at that point. And by 69 people may have more money but some could have health concerns. Then again, I've seen some very blissful looking couples/friends at around age 69 on vacation and just enjoying life in general. And with people watching in general the happiest do appear to be the youngest adults, the adults around age 69 and also the happy couples of all ages. The grumpy ones nearly always have kids in tow.

Linky: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/you%e2%80%99ll-be-happiest-during-these-two-years-of-your-life-according-to-science/ar-BBDsE8r?li=BBnbfcL&ocid
DH and I have been very happy for our 20 years together. It's become even easier as we've entered our peak earning years. Many of our friends our age are seeing their kids enter college now. The bills keep piling up. On the other hand, our house will be paid off in three years, more than a decade before we hit retirement age. SO glad we skipped that!
freya
According to science you'll be happiest at ages 23 and 69.

So basically before you have kids and once the kids are adults and firmly out the door.

Be much easier to skip the 40 years of drudgery and just not have kids, like we've all done.
I will never see 'happiness' as illness has dogged my entire life. I at least had the sense to avoid brats.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
I wonder what those 2 years would be for us CFers? For me it is ages 25 and 46. Age 25 was a fun year in my increasingly uncomplicated but enriching life, with my career and my personal life and finances. Age 46 was great, too, because it was the first year I had been fully retired. That was 9 years ago. I developed some health issues earlier in my 50s (I am 55 now), so while I've had several good years (my health issues are under control) these more recent years as a retiree haven't been quite as happy as my first ones.

Of course, being CF is the main reason all of this happened.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login