Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBO series "Being Serena"

Posted by bell_flower 
HBO series "Being Serena"
May 31, 2018
Has anybody seen it? I caught part of it the other night.

Here is a description of it.

Don't be fooled--it's not about "womanhood," or even being "Serena." It's about "Serena As Moo."

I watched it for about half an hour. She whined about her baybee and practicing and her coach was trying to get her back on track. Not real exciting.

Oh, and who knew? carrying a loaf for nine months and then squirting it out can apparently affect one's athletic performance.

She's made a lot of stupid comments in the press about how she's fulfilled as a woman nowTM.

Her skinny milquetoast husband works in SF and she lives in FL, so she's essentially a single mother, but a privileged one who can hire nannies. Maybe he was a sperm donor?

I may watch the rest of it for the Schadenfreude factor.
Re: HBO series "Being Serena"
May 31, 2018
I haven't seen this but hearing your description makes me sad. Here is an incredible woman who I'd love to hear more about yet she spends her show talking about a baybee. Rats can breed, there is so much more to her than this. If she just mentioned the loaf from time to time and talked more about herself I may watch as she is definitely the fascinating one here. The baby has done absolutely nothing but had the luck to be born to her.
June 04, 2018
June 04, 2018
What a shame. An amazing athlete with her whole life ahead of her, and now she may not be able to continue. All in the name of "wanting it all".

Just because she wanted to be a moo, like the majority of other women out there. There is nothing amazing or special about performing a biological function, and now it may cost her a great career.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login