Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to Adjust Your Budget Once Your Kids Leave the Nest

Posted by freya 
How to Adjust Your Budget Once Your Kids Leave the Nest
June 01, 2018
It is the article noted below and most of it is nothing new. Basically rejoice because it is your money to do what you please with...you no longer have needy people relying on you...same old stuff. But the first photo of the couple blissfully hugging in bed? Priceless. The two models look genuinely happy and thrilled and that is so fitting because we know they're all doing a victory dance (if only internally and externally they're bragging to their friends about putting out grand kid requests at every opportunity) once the nest is empty. One part of the advice on budgeting states to take all the money spent monthly on your now adult miraculs and put it into a retirement fund instead.

Side note: I have a very good looking friend. He resembles Orlando Bl oom. Him and his very good looking family model in stock photography photos. So the photo of the couple could be real. Stock photography doesn't pay except for a few free photos. He is actually thrilled to have constant free pro photos of his family and the potential to see the stock image published somewhere unexpected.

The caption next to the photo starts: Once the kids are gone you should pay down debt and focus on saving for retirement...Again...priceless!!!!!

Bet this couple hasn't appeared this happy in a photo since their wedding day.

There is a bit of slam at the end on an otherwise happy article "But don't forget to also pay down your debt, save for retirement and put money aside for the day when your kids may come home asking for more." Also known as boomerang children. A horror movie about boomerang children is on the way to theatres, some where on this planet at this very moment! eating popcorn

Article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/how-to-adjust-your-budget-once-your-kids-leave-the-nest/ar-AAy44Zo?
Re: How to Adjust Your Budget Once Your Kids Leave the Nest
June 01, 2018
Gee, long before those empty-nesters began adjusting their budgets after the kids moved out so they could begin saving more for retirement, I was adjusting my budget so I could retire and begin living off my investment income instead of having to work for a living. That's what being CF did for me!
Re: How to Adjust Your Budget Once Your Kids Leave the Nest
June 02, 2018
If they were dumb enough to breed the second last bugger left home Ibuy the tiniest place with no spare room

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login