Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Woman shaves legs in Florida pool, world grosses out

Posted by quiltergirl 
Woman shaves legs in Florida pool, world grosses out
June 02, 2018
Woman on holiday (apparently) caught shaving her legs in resort pool. EWWWWWW. I don't gamble but if I did, I'd bet this is another oblivious moo. I can't believe no one said anything to her. And of course, it happened in Florida.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/audience/david-whitley/os-ae-florida-woman-shave-legs-in-pool-david-whitley-0529-story.html
Re: Woman shaves legs in Florida pool, world grosses out
June 02, 2018
She probably is a moo because she's surrounded by brats and you can't get away from crotch droppings after you have them. She also has the heifer moo shape.

If there were any justice in the world she would get a staph infection because pools, particulary pools where kids swim, are full of bacteria. But she would be too stupid to put two and two together.

Just nasty! two faces puking
June 02, 2018
Proof positive that common sense ain't so common anymore! I would like to think most people would never dream of shaving in a public pool, but apparently I would be mistaken. Talk about reprehensible personal hygiene and zero concept of appropriate behavior in a public space!

If this wasn't published by a legitimate newspaper, I'd think it was from The Onion, and I still wonder if it wasn't a staged prank.
June 02, 2018
The chlorine would be too drying and stinging, I'm surprised she planned ahead and decided to do this. Rash city if I did it.
June 03, 2018
Is the human race devolving back into monkeys? Sometimes it seems like people are getting dumber and trashier by the day.
June 03, 2018
This is the GROSSEST thing I've ever heard. Public pools and hot tubs are basically human petri dishes mixed with heavy chemicals. I don't go swimming in them for a variety of reasons, mainly because I don't want to get some horrible disease. Not only do people who use public pools have to worry about swim diapers and people pissing / shitting in there, go in with open sores, etc. but now they have to worry about THIS kind of shit? Ugh.
June 07, 2018
In the public sauna, a few times per week, a couple of women were repeatedly heavily sloughing off their dead skin with various implements.
They would send it to fall to the floor, seating, walls, etc in a visible shower with every stroke.
They would do this off and on for an hour and felt I was in the wrong to object to this activity.
"There is no sign saying we can't"

I suggested that they contact administration to prove how right they were.
I don't know the result except that I never saw them again and signs went up to prohibit similar activities.
June 08, 2018
cassia
In the public sauna, a few times per week, a couple of women were repeatedly heavily sloughing off their dead skin with various implements.
They would send it to fall to the floor, seating, walls, etc in a visible shower with every stroke.
They would do this off and on for an hour and felt I was in the wrong to object to this activity.
"There is no sign saying we can't"

I suggested that they contact administration to prove how right they were.
I don't know the result except that I never saw them again and signs went up to prohibit similar activities.

Ugh. I know in Korean and Turkish bathhouses there's a lot of scrubbing away of dead skin, but in my experience that's usually done in a particular area reserved for the purpose. I remember one one occasion seeing a huge grey pile of my skin getting washed away...no way would I want to encounter that pile of another person's skin in a sauna.
June 11, 2018
ondinette
Is the human race devolving back into monkeys? Sometimes it seems like people are getting dumber and trashier by the day.

It really is. It is also that more people have access to everything. Poor people didn't used to be in health clubs, nice hotel pools, airplanes...a certain percentage of poor people, be they hippies, hood rats, general trashies, do not know or care how to behave. Middle class and wealthy people in the past had standards that they would uphold and this is declining.

In the last year my small town neighborhood began to really crack for the first time. Yet it is more expensive to live here than ever and it becomes trashier. People seem dysfunctional in their behavior and it has reached a point particularly this year which is very troubling. These are adults causing the problems, no children here. They are not poor but they behave like they live in the hood or a druggie trailer park.

I fear that eventually those of us who do not have the means to wall ourselves off will have no where to go to avoid the circus.
June 11, 2018
I fear that eventually those of us who do not have the means to wall ourselves off will have no where to go to avoid the circus.

I have the same fear, that things will get pricer and one will be forced to live amonst these types. There is a tendency nowadays for middle class kids to act "ghetto" as that is supposed to be "cool"

There was article in the NYPost about how when people think it is ok to emulate the underclass, that is the time when things start to go downhill. I wish I could find the article
June 11, 2018
I found it:

https://nypost.com/2013/11/02/when-did-white-trash-become-normal/
June 11, 2018
Part of the issue seems to be more of the "crabs in a pot" mentality. Personally I wish that everyone could decide that they are going to be happy and do everything in their power to be happy. If we were all happy then there would be no one around to make others miserable. I don't agree with the "crabs in a pot" mentality. I can be around and wish no ill will to people who have more success, better relationships and are more happy than I am. And there will always be people that exist that are more successful than I am in every facet. I find inspiration in them and realize their success isn't a personal attack on me. Just because they have something doesn't mean there isn't plenty out there for others willing to put the effort towards achieving their own good results. There is abundance in the world for those who choose to see it.

I don't know this for a fact but I would guess being childfree would have many people label us as elitist. From the quote below "Hey, I can outwit the world; I can beat the system." I made the decision as a young child to not have kids and I didn't have the intellectual muscle to outwit the system at 6 years old. I just found children repugnant, even as one. There was just never an interest for me in having children and this lack of interest increased as I matured and learned about the world.

One on being slim as a man, which according to this article puts these men in the minority-link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/08/style/noticed-men-who-step-up-to-the-scale-and-crow.html

''Being slim is the new elitism,'' Mr. Zinczenko said. ''Thinness today says that you are richer, smarter and more successful than the overweight masses. With our lives and food chain set up to make us fat -- I mean, you can't drive down any highway in America and find a grapefruit -- a guy needs to be smarter and more determined to get lean. So telling people you lost weight is telling them, Hey, I can outwit the world; I can beat the system.''

It was bad enough when women were the primary ones who had to deal with jealousy if thin. Now it is both men and women who are subjected to hostility. And many of us lose weight because we've had life threatening health scares. Perhaps the men who have lost weight were bullied as being overweight as kids or had a health scare?

There are lots of stories online about people who lose lots of weight and also lose friends and/or their significant others as a result. The people in their environment can't deal with the success of their friend/loved one.

And some view environmentalism as elitist-link: http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/%7Ehallman/ELITISM.htm

Not even sure where to start with this one. Fresh air is elitist? Parks, healthy environment? Wanting a balance between animals and the earth? Clearly, this is the perfect argument for people who think the entire population of the world could fit in TX.

A show I was watching a few months ago on budgeting based in CA: almost all of the people in the show each week were in 60K in credit card debt or more and were often living off their credit cards. Some were going into debt at over 3K than they earned each month and were playing some sort of credit card shuffle. They also had car payments and/or houses they couldn't afford and many were going on vacations and eating at restaurants all the time. It used to be that indulgent debt was an embarrassment and often a cry for help but not anymore.

Living within your means used to be considered down to earth and humble, now it is likely labeled at elitist too.

Apparently any small group who has a perceived advantage can be vilified and labeled as elitist by others. And once you have the trash being glorified and being a slob becomes normalized and sloppy drunk is no longer an embarrassment. So, once there is a large group of unhappy people who look at those who have a perceived advantage it is no longer about the efforts they made to reach their goals, it is about the "jerks" they perceive to have the attitude of "hey, I can outwit the world; I can beat the system."

If you want to avoid being labeled elitist, a few public acts of shaving in swimming pools will take care of that. Just make sure a camera is nearby. Everyone will think you're too stupid to be one of those evil people who can outwit the world and beat the system.
June 11, 2018
This among other things is why I don't leave the house if I don't have to.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 12, 2018
Being intellectual (critical thinking, scientific mindset, discussions without personal attacks) has long been viewed as elitist in the US, from what I have observed. It seems like public debates get dumber by the decade, as even people who probably have gone to college decide that climate change is a hoax and vaccines cause autism. So I'm not surprised to see other positive traits like being fit, caring about the environment, and so on being viewed as elitist.
June 12, 2018
Sure the pool shaver got mocked but not in any serious way. She probably enjoyed the publicity, obviously she has no shame.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login