Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newborn's life vs wife

Posted by cfdavep 
Newborn's life vs wife
June 05, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/7c4e6458-b12a-3f5a-8300-60c2cafb9b23/ss_dear-abby%3A-wife-haunted-by.html

When the wife was giving birth she told her husband that if things go sideways and he had to choose, to pick the daughter over her and let her die then he should. Now the kid is 12 and it haunts her how fast he choose the kid over her.

It would be creepy to be married to someone knowing that, but that is breeders and their issues. I think most men would choose their wives over a newborn, but some men will choose the kid. The commenters are on her over it saying that she can't let things go.
Re: Newborn's life vs wife
June 05, 2018
I have to agree with the commentators. She told him to choose the daughter. She didn't ask his thoughts. This couple was in a major medical emergency with not a lot of time to have such an important discussion. The husband simply did what she asked. She needs to move on.
June 05, 2018
quiltergirl
I have to agree with the commentators. She told him to choose the daughter. She didn't ask his thoughts. This couple was in a major medical emergency with not a lot of time to have such an important discussion. The husband simply did what she asked. She needs to move on.

She probably expected him to break down in tears and freak out over it, you know, like in a soap opera; "how is he supposed to choose between his beloved wife and their unborn child? What a cruel twist of fate that forces a man to have to make a 'Sophie's Choice' style decision of life and death!!".

Think about it though, if he had hesitated and chose to save her instead of the fetus, she'd still be haunted by his 'heartless' decision to sacrifice their baybee.

Either way, it's a lose/lose decision.

For once I also agree with the commentators, she should just be grateful that they both survived and get over it.
June 05, 2018
lurker-derp

Either way, it's a lose/lose decision.

For once I also agree with the commentators, she should just be grateful that they both survived and get over it.

100% agree with this. Really hope she isn't in the habit of holding onto perceived grudges like this. If so, feel for her daughter and husband.
June 05, 2018
I have a feeling that the wife picked that moment to find out how the husband REALLY felt about kid vs her and since he picked the kid so fast she got her answer and it is haunting her. She maybe just said that the she "would make the same choice again" in danger because that is how a moo is supposed to feel

I think she just said to pick the kid over her thinking he would say "Are you insane?" Also if he quickly picked her she would still play the morality card about what an ass he is for not considering the kid.
June 05, 2018
Not only getting offended but being haunted over an answer that you prompted has got to be indicative of some serious mental illness, probably the one that starts with n and ends with m, although neurotic isn't a bad description either.
June 09, 2018
Years ago, a co-worker at one of the hospitals I worked at before the shipyard was in a similar situation. His wife was having problems and tried to pull the "save the baby!" thing. He flat out told her "we can have another kid, but I can't have another you". I was actually surprised given how people are about their crotchfruit.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
June 09, 2018
addiea raine
He flat out told her "we can have another kid, but I can't have another you". I was actually surprised given how people are about their crotchfruit.

This ^^^

A baby can never replace the person you knew and loved. I remember years ago reading an advice column where a woman wrote in saying her friend passed away. Everyone else found comfort in looking after the friend's baybee but she didn't want any part of it, saying that this kid could never replace her friend and that people were making her feel guilty over it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login