Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Laws are evil if they apply to breeders.

Posted by cfinboston 
Laws are evil if they apply to breeders.
June 07, 2018
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/nyregion/pizza-delivery-ice-deportation.html

Most of us in the US have heard this story. Duh of 2 who us in the US illegally drives onto an Army base and us found to have an eight year old deportation order. Meaning he was told to leave 8 years ago. So five years ago he marries and has 2 kids. Now the US and ICE are evil for "tearing families apart" And moo is all over the news bleating about needing money and of course set up a GoFundMe that's raised over $21k. I wonder how moo would react if her unlicensed driving husband had hit and killed some other parent or child.
Re: Laws are evil if they apply to breeders.
June 07, 2018
In general I support immigration for family reunification, but that is based on the presumption that the person in question hasn't previously broken immigration laws in the last decade or so. In this case, the guy has been breaking the law for 8+ years, so I don't think he should be eligible.

No matter what law you break, it should be irrelevant that you have kids. If you drink and drive and kill someone, that person isn't less dead if you have kids. If you rob a store, it isn't less of a crime if you're pregnant. And so on. Breeders often claim they become better people from having kids, yet either this isn't the case or else I'd hate to see what all the breeder criminals were like before they reproduced.
June 07, 2018
He was also breaking the law by driving without a license and insurance. I can't fathom WHY he'd be so irresponsible as to have two kids knowing he had the deportation hanging over his head. I'd like to know how much the family received in welfare benefits and how much they reported in taxable income.
June 07, 2018
For any base an id is required to enter, I don't see why this is discriminatory. And I've known adults who didn't drive who also had to have id cards to enter, it is just policy. Failing to see how having an id card and not a driver's license is discriminatory. I've been on numerous bases. The people issuing the passes and background checks were reviewing everyone's credentials and there was nothing subjective about it. People who didn't have the proper documentation were turned away. There were signs everywhere about the process. He could have read the signs and left the building.

I've lived in another country that had much harsher immigration laws than the US and people weren't whining about it either.
June 08, 2018
yurble
No matter what law you break, it should be irrelevant that you have kids. If you drink and drive and kill someone, that person isn't less dead if you have kids. If you rob a store, it isn't less of a crime if you're pregnant. And so on..

This is my line of thinking too, kids shouldn't be a get out of jail free card - frankly, wouldn't the kids be better off without such an awful role model in their lives?
June 08, 2018
lurker-derp
yurble
No matter what law you break, it should be irrelevant that you have kids. If you drink and drive and kill someone, that person isn't less dead if you have kids. If you rob a store, it isn't less of a crime if you're pregnant. And so on..

This is my line of thinking too, kids shouldn't be a get out of jail free card - frankly, wouldn't the kids be better off without such an awful role model in their lives?

I was recently reading an article bemoaning that women could not bring their babies behind bars. And I thought: why should the baby be in prison (I guess it doesn't matter much to an infant, but toddlers certainly shouldn't be in a prison just to keep them with their mothers)? and: prison isn't meant to be fun. Also: perhaps they should have taken the disruption to their normal life under consideration before doing the thing that got them sent to prison. Plus, what's so special about women, why doesn't anyone care about men? Nobody is suggesting they should be able to keep their kids with them in prison.
June 08, 2018
YouTube has a series of videos where members of conservative organizations read pieces of Trump's tax plan to college students and tell them it's a proposed plan by Bernie Sanders. The kids react enthusiastically to line items like elimination of the death tax and increased childcare credits, and are then told it's really Trump's plan. It would be interesting to present a similar situation of a lawbreaker while noting that s/He had no children or family. I'm fairly certain that single and childless adults get deported every day, but the ones making headlines are the breeders torn from their precious families. The pizza guy noted above was told to leave the US eight years ago, and his oldest child is five. So he bred knowing he was a fugitive and didn't even apply for a green card until February.
June 08, 2018
cfinboston
YouTube has a series of videos where members of conservative organizations read pieces of Trump's tax plan to college students and tell them it's a proposed plan by Bernie Sanders. The kids react enthusiastically to line items like elimination of the death tax and increased childcare credits, and are then told it's really Trump's plan. It would be interesting to present a similar situation of a lawbreaker while noting that s/He had no children or family. I'm fairly certain that single and childless adults get deported every day, but the ones making headlines are the breeders torn from their precious families. The pizza guy noted above was told to leave the US eight years ago, and his oldest child is five. So he bred knowing he was a fugitive and didn't even apply for a green card until February.

They aren't very critical thinkers, if they think that a progressive would eliminate the death tax. Increased childcare credits I would believe, but both the left and the right seem mad keen on breeding so it's hard to tell whose policy suggestion that is.

It would indeed be interesting to take news stories and see how people respond when it says "Woman killed in accident" versus "Mother killed in accident" and "Father of two to be deported" versus "Man to be deported". It makes me mad whenever I think about the social bias toward parenthood. That's going to take forever to get rid of, because right now we even have legalized discrimination against people without children.
June 08, 2018
Or, the wonderful Grandmoo hand-cuffed! Um, she's 41, not the little ol' lady from Pasadena.
June 11, 2018
cfinboston
He was also breaking the law by driving without a license and insurance. I can't fathom WHY he'd be so irresponsible as to have two kids knowing he had the deportation hanging over his head. I'd like to know how much the family received in welfare benefits and how much they reported in taxable income.
If he's Catholic, the Pope has a thing forbidding birth control as he considers it a 'grave or mortal sin.' Something about preventing 'transmission of life' by God (I can't remember exactly.)

Which I think is dumb because it's essentially saying God is weak and can be stymied easily by a man-made medicine.
June 11, 2018
Anyone know if moocow is working or on hand outs.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 12, 2018
She's described as a part time medical assistant, whatever that means. To date her GoFundMe is over 30 grand. If you watch her all over the news she just cries about him being the main support for their family. I have not seen a single news clip or video of her saying she loves him or misses him or is afraid for his safety in jail. She seems to just care about the kids and his income.
June 13, 2018
cfinboston
If you watch her all over the news she just cries about him being the main support for their family. I have not seen a single news clip or video of her saying she loves him or misses him or is afraid for his safety in jail. She seems to just care about the kids and his income.

That is all I need to hear to know that this was obviously a marriage of convenience - she wanted kids, he wanted a green card. The fact that he only applied for a green card in FEBRUARY tells me that he was only recently concerned about being caught.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login