Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baby daddy cards from Target

Posted by cfdavep 
Baby daddy cards from Target
June 13, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/target-selling-baby-daddy-cards-shoppers-want-know-isnt-term-endearment-221034150.html

People are not happy with this celebration of irresponsibility
Re: Baby daddy cards from Target
June 13, 2018
Yeah I can see why this is pissing people off.

Casual racism aside, the whole point of Father's Day to celebrate actual fathers - you know, those guys who actually raise and parent their kids and don't piss off as soon as they realise that having kids is boring as fuck.

Baby daddies are by definition deadbeat louts who knock women up and then bugger off to find another bird to screw, while simultaneously not contributing to the kid they helped make.

Target probably thought it was a cutesy term of endearment, or are trying to make it into a cutesy term of endearment by putting it on their cards, either way, they've clearly never heard the expression "any man can make a baby but it takes a real man to be a parent".

Can you imagine the absolute shit storm that would go down if there were Mother's Day cards with baby mama on them?
June 13, 2018
Considering more parents purposely aren't getting married, these cards seem to be the sign of the times.
June 14, 2018
cfuter
Considering more parents purposely aren't getting married, these cards seem to be the sign of the times.

It’s one thing if a couple who stays together and actually parent their kids don’t want to go through with legal paperwork and wedding stuff, but the acceptance of one parent running off and leaving the other burdened with a kid it took both of them to create is a sad sign of social de-evolution.
June 14, 2018
aes sedai
cfuter

It’s one thing if a couple who stays together and actually parent their kids don’t want to go through with legal paperwork and wedding stuff, but the acceptance of one parent running off and leaving the other burdened with a kid it took both of them to create is a sad sign of social de-evolution.

"To my co-parent" would be much more appropriate, much as I hate that term.
June 15, 2018
last I've heard they've been pulled from the shelves.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
July 10, 2018
lurker-derp
aes sedai
cfuter

"To my co-parent" would be much more appropriate, much as I hate that term.

I feel there is nothing wrong w/, "to the father of my child/son/daughter".....
July 10, 2018
I was poking around, and saw a greeting card with a picture of a sperm on it. It read, "Thanks for the donation." I figure there are probably plenty of these cards found everywhere on the net. There are many like this one, each sadder (possibly funnier) than the last.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login