Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A completely delusional article: Six Reasons to have Six kids

Posted by bell_flower 
A completely delusional article: Six Reasons to have Six kids
June 19, 2018
This woman admits she doesn't let things like "common sense, birth control and economic disaster" keep her from having babies."

Willful ignorance is not very attractive.

https://www.modernmom.com/bc7d2082-3b35-11e3-be8a-bc764e04a41e.html
As soon as I saw this:-

I don’t let little things like common sense, birth control, and economic disaster stop me from having babies.

...I knew she was gonna be talking bollocks, and when she finishes the article with this:-

6. Guess Who is Not Going Into a Retirement Home!

That’s right. Those six people can take turns passing me around. I might even fake a bit of incontinence as payback for the twelve years of diaper changing. And they should consider themselves lucky – they won’t have three human beings in diapers at once, like some of us have.

...I could tell she was a typical breeder, having kids for selfish reasons. Newsflash moo: you WILL end up in a retirement home, especially if you're serious about faking incontinence as some demented form of revenge - you CHOSE to have kids, so changing diapers was something you voluntarily took on!
Re: A completely delusional article: Six Reasons to have Six kids
June 20, 2018
I know a family...parents adopted 5 Korean war orphans and brought them to the States. They were all sickly and needed a lot of medical care, which they got. They were raised to be "good" Christians, and they're quick to let you know how "good" they are (passing out "why you need Jesus" pamphlets at the funeral of an atheist, seriously?). Their mother, who sacrificed her financial well being to care for and raise five children who weren't even hers is currently living in a nursing home (father is dead). This whole "I'll have kids so someone will take care of me" bullshit really needs to get shut down every time we hear it.
June 20, 2018
Yup, the kids will usually stick their parents into a nursing home, and then wait like vultures for them to die, just so they can collect their inheritances. When my time comes, I'll be hiring someone like a nurse, to look after my needs, and I won't have to worry about some devious shit with their hand on the plug, waiting to pull it.

I don't care where I'm buried. They can stuff me and use me as a hat-rack for all I care. Once I'm dead, it won't matter to me anymore.

The only reasons I've heard breeders give for needing or wanting multiple brats is to satisfy their own twisted needs or desires. It has nothing to do with quality of life for the loaves at all.
mumofsixbirds
The only reasons I've heard breeders give for needing or wanting multiple brats is to satisfy their own twisted needs or desires. It has nothing to do with quality of life for the loaves at all.

This. You ask anyone who is planning to have kids what their reasons are, every single one of them will start with "I want...".
June 20, 2018
She has six kids who won't have any new clothing, cool toys or have college paid for yet expects them to take care of her until she dies. If she gets like she gives she will be in a nursing home.
My mom is the oldest of six and she is really messed up in the head. So is my aunt, her youngest sibling. I have met other messed up people from big families. Coming from a small family is no guarantee you will be normal, but it does not appear to be as bad for mental heath as a larger family.
June 21, 2018
Yeah, that deal about having six kids to take care of you in your old age doesn't always work out so well. My ex-husband's aunt had five, and always bragged about how sh'e be able to go from one kid's house to another the way her mother did. (Grandma had six kids.) Well, the joke was on her: all five of her kids grew up and either joined the priesthood or became nuns. So now Aunty has to figure out where to go when she's old just like the rest of us.
June 21, 2018
I remember a friend of my mother's who lived in the apartment a few doors away from her. She was such a nice lady and her apartment looked like a dollhouse. When I was working at the physio clinic, she came in there to get some work done on her back, and she was pleasant, kind, and all around lovely person to be around. My mom and her would get together and drink sherry on the patio at night, go for walks, etc. When I met her, she was in her seventies.

Fast forward a few years later. Her daughter had built a suite in her house for her to move into. She pressured her mother to sell the condo, and invest the cash in her house. She was not really happy about it, but loved her daughter and grandson, and decided that it would be a good move for her.

A couple of years into it, this same vibrant woman was forced to stay in her room, she was not allowed to speak to anyone in the house, and was not permitted to eat the food in the fridge. She was reduced to having no money, because the daughter took everything from her, calling it 'rent' even though she had given her condo money to her to build part of her house.

She became severely depressed. She would call my mother and cry on the phone, telling her how her daughter and grandson would not speak to her, wouldn't allow her to go anywhere, not take her to appointments, and she wasn't allowed to eat when she was hungry.

A short time after all of this took place, the daughter couldn't stand her mother crying in her room anymore, and put her in a nursing home. She passed away there, all alone. Her friends, including my mother would go see her in the home, and she told me that the lady had been reduced to skin and bones, and was suffering with severe depression. Nobody from her family ever went to see her. She died all alone in her room by a heart attack.

This is what happens to people. Breeders may think that they are going to be looked after by their kids, but in reality, it is quite different. This woman was actually a good person, a good mother and grandmother and look how she was treated by her own family. She died of a broken heart. Her greedy daughter stole everything from her, forced her to stay in her room by herself, and did not allow her any freedom.

Before she moved there, she was fully independent, healthy, had a wonderful social life, and she probably would have lived a lot longer if her kids didn't get in the way of it.

My mother went to her funeral, and I remember actually crying about hearing of her death, because it was such a sad and shocking thing that had happened. I really wish that people who think about breeding future caretakers think about this. It is not just childless people taking up beds in these nursing homes. Most of the people there are parents and grandparents. Why do they think that it'll be different when it comes to them?

Arrogance, I think. I'm posting this story for anyone who reads this and is sitting on the fence about having kids. There are no guarantees in life. Kids can be extremely selfish and not care, no matter how wonderful of a parent you were.
1. It is NOT cheaper. You get more use out of certain things, but food, medical care and college are not on that list. At most, you can say that it costs less per child to have more, but that can be said about bulk purchases of all kinds and it still doesn’t make them a universally good idea. Toilet paper is cheaper if I buy enough that it takes up my spare bedroom, but not when I account for the loss of a bedroom to store it.

2. Your kids are not necessarily nicer than children from smaller families. We call this the Josh Duggar Rule.

3. Merely making something harder and not exponentially harder is not a good reason to do it. Balancing a brick on your head all day does not make life exponentially harder and could conceivably improve your posture. Try that instead of burdening society with your vanity project.

4. Any parent who doesn’t cater to Bratley’s whining doesn’t hear “I’m bored” all the time. All children come with a built-in entertainment system called an imagination.

5. There’s a book about children who socialize each other. It’s called Lord of the Flies. Give it a read sometime.

6. Already addressed, but you are just as likely as any parent to end up in a nursing home.
June 21, 2018
skyeyes
Yeah, that deal about having six kids to take care of you in your old age doesn't always work out so well. My ex-husband's aunt had five, and always bragged about how sh'e be able to go from one kid's house to another the way her mother did. (Grandma had six kids.) Well, the joke was on her: all five of her kids grew up and either joined the priesthood or became nuns. So now Aunty has to figure out where to go when she's old just like the rest of us.

Aren't priests and nuns both of the faith where they don't have spouses or children? And five of them at that. Perhaps she was one of those parents that pushed her kids to take care of her from the time they are little. That kind of brainwashing is fairly common.
June 21, 2018
Mum, what a horrible story, but it's not all that uncommon. Some people want granny to come live with them so they can bleed her dry. (And it's usually a granny because women live longer than men.)

And then there are granny's social security checks......
June 21, 2018
mumofsixbirds
I remember a friend of my mother's who lived in the apartment a few doors away from her. She was such a nice lady and her apartment looked like a dollhouse. When I was working at the physio clinic, she came in there to get some work done on her back, and she was pleasant, kind, and all around lovely person to be around. My mom and her would get together and drink sherry on the patio at night, go for walks, etc. When I met her, she was in her seventies.

Fast forward a few years later. Her daughter had built a suite in her house for her to move into. She pressured her mother to sell the condo, and invest the cash in her house. She was not really happy about it, but loved her daughter and grandson, and decided that it would be a good move for her.

A couple of years into it, this same vibrant woman was forced to stay in her room, she was not allowed to speak to anyone in the house, and was not permitted to eat the food in the fridge. She was reduced to having no money, because the daughter took everything from her, calling it 'rent' even though she had given her condo money to her to build part of her house.

She became severely depressed. She would call my mother and cry on the phone, telling her how her daughter and grandson would not speak to her, wouldn't allow her to go anywhere, not take her to appointments, and she wasn't allowed to eat when she was hungry.

A short time after all of this took place, the daughter couldn't stand her mother crying in her room anymore, and put her in a nursing home. She passed away there, all alone. Her friends, including my mother would go see her in the home, and she told me that the lady had been reduced to skin and bones, and was suffering with severe depression. Nobody from her family ever went to see her. She died all alone in her room by a heart attack.

This is what happens to people. Breeders may think that they are going to be looked after by their kids, but in reality, it is quite different. This woman was actually a good person, a good mother and grandmother and look how she was treated by her own family. She died of a broken heart. Her greedy daughter stole everything from her, forced her to stay in her room by herself, and did not allow her any freedom.

Before she moved there, she was fully independent, healthy, had a wonderful social life, and she probably would have lived a lot longer if her kids didn't get in the way of it.

My mother went to her funeral, and I remember actually crying about hearing of her death, because it was such a sad and shocking thing that had happened. I really wish that people who think about breeding future caretakers think about this. It is not just childless people taking up beds in these nursing homes. Most of the people there are parents and grandparents. Why do they think that it'll be different when it comes to them?

Arrogance, I think. I'm posting this story for anyone who reads this and is sitting on the fence about having kids. There are no guarantees in life. Kids can be extremely selfish and not care, no matter how wonderful of a parent you were.

This is such a sad story. If I had to guess the majority of people today in nursing homes likely do have kids. A child free person born in the 40's or 50's is likely to be very rare. Almost everyone I know ended up having kids and that was in the mid 90's and later. In my graduating class there are literally 2 of us out of 200 or so that didn't have kids.
And the average of kids among people I still keep in touch with is 3.
June 21, 2018
happyhiker
1. It is NOT cheaper. You get more use out of certain things, but food, medical care and college are not on that list. At most, you can say that it costs less per child to have more, but that can be said about bulk purchases of all kinds and it still doesn’t make them a universally good idea. Toilet paper is cheaper if I buy enough that it takes up my spare bedroom, but not when I account for the loss of a bedroom to store it.

2. Your kids are not necessarily nicer than children from smaller families. We call this the Josh Duggar Rule.

3. Merely making something harder and not exponentially harder is not a good reason to do it. Balancing a brick on your head all day does not make life exponentially harder and could conceivably improve your posture. Try that instead of burdening society with your vanity project.

4. Any parent who doesn’t cater to Bratley’s whining doesn’t hear “I’m bored” all the time. All children come with a built-in entertainment system called an imagination.

5. There’s a book about children who socialize each other. It’s called Lord of the Flies. Give it a read sometime.

6. Already addressed, but you are just as likely as any parent to end up in a nursing home.

You are AWESOME happyhiker. Balancing a brick on your head.....priceless!
eating popcorn
If they can't master the balance of the brick there is always this fail over option. hitting head against a brick wall
June 22, 2018
freya
A child free person born in the 40's or 50's is likely to be very rare.

I guess that makes me (born 1949) and my BFF (born 1951) unicorns, because we're both dead-set childfree.
June 22, 2018
skyeyes
freya

I guess that makes me (born 1949) and my BFF (born 1951) unicorns, because we're both dead-set childfree.

I think there have always been people who opted out, but it was certainly harder in the days before reliable contraceptives, legalized abortion, and economic opportunities for unmarried women.

Offhand, I can think of at least 3 people I know who were born 1940s and a couple born in the 1950s who don't have kids. Some are family and some are friends. I am not sure if they'd identify as childfree, but I know the lack of kids came about through choices rather than infertility. I suppose that it could be "involuntary childlessness" but I think deliberate decisions like remaining single are fairly telling.
June 22, 2018
skyeyes
freya

Maybe it is more common in some areas - such as the coasts? I'm from Breederville where everyone who could had kids.
Relying on the progeny as your retirement plan is a serious gamble that rarely pans out. Even having six kids is no guarantee that even one of them will be available to take care of an elderly parent. One gets hit by a drunk driver and is permanently disabled, down to five. One dies of cancer, down to four. One moves out of the country, down to three. One becomes a victim of the opioid crisis, down to two. One commits suicide, down to one. Last one just lost a job and has four kids and got cleaned out in a divorce and cannot afford to take in his parent, down to zero.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
June 22, 2018
There is also the excuse by kids that they have to care for loaves of their own. I don't remember which thread it was, but there was some moo out there who wanted her cancer-riddled mother to move halfway across the country and help her look after it.
June 22, 2018
i'm from 1953. must be one of those unicorns..

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 22, 2018
twocents
i'm from 1953. must be one of those unicorns..

That is a good thing. Did you know very many others who didn't want kids when you were in your 20's?
June 23, 2018
mumofsixbirds
There is also the excuse by kids that they have to care for loaves of their own. I don't remember which thread it was, but there was some moo out there who wanted her cancer-riddled mother to move halfway across the country and help her look after it.

It was one where she hadn't even had a kid yet, and was wondering if she should have a kid for her mother's sake, and her partner didn't want kids. Her mother was a 10 hour flight away.
June 23, 2018
freya
skyeyes
freya

Maybe it is more common in some areas - such as the coasts? I'm from Breederville where everyone who could had kids.

I'm actually from southern Arizona (Tucson), as is my BFF.
I'm also from Tucson, and it seems like a pretty darn breederific place to me. It's good to know someone else here is CF.

Is it true there are more CF people on the coasts than in other areas?
June 23, 2018
yurble
mumofsixbirds

It was one where she hadn't even had a kid yet, and was wondering if she should have a kid for her mother's sake, and her partner didn't want kids. Her mother was a 10 hour flight away.

Thanks Yurble!

My memory ain't what she used to be, but now it's coming back to me. "Come and sacrifice what little comfort you have, start over in a new community, forego your medical care where you are and please mooooovvveee so you can help me look after this nonexistent loaf!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login