Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Video appears to show 'Permit Patty' calling police over 8-year-old selling water without permit

Posted by quiltergirl 
BINGO! "In an interview, Ettel said the girl and her mother had been making noise for several hours and she lost her temper. She said she first tried to get the building’s security to do something, but then got into an argument with the girl’s mother that escalated to the exchange seen in the video. Ettel said she only pretended to call police."

Back in the day when my brother and I used to sell lemonade in front of the house, my mother would have scolded us and told us to shut up if we had been screaming at our stand. And she certainly would not have participated.

http://www.wmur.com/article/video-appears-to-show-permit-patty-calling-police-over-8-year-old-selling-water-without-permit/21920520
This just made the national news--are you kidding me? She may or may not have acted like a jerk--depends on what the Moo and kid were doing, but this has been completely blown out of proportion to what happened. Physical violence was not threatened--she was going to call the police, which she admits she didn't do. The woman who was filmed says she's now getting death threats.

These SJWs need to find something else to do other than harass people over minor exchanges.

It also may be a case of "the rules don't apply to Breeders" if the kid should have got a permit. I don't care if she's eight years old--if it's something she plans to do regularly she needs to follow the rules like everyone else.

ETA: I watched the national news coverage and the Moo said the kid was selling water to pay for a trip to Disneyland, so of course an anonymous donor has now come forward to pay for that.
bell_flower
ETA: I watched the national news coverage and the Moo said the kid was selling water to pay for a trip to Disneyland, so of course an anonymous donor has now come forward to pay for that.

FML. Of fucking course.
Eh, if the kid was loud and screaming, that’s something that needed to be brought to the attention of the kid’s mother and the landlord of the apartment before calling the police. And threaten the landlord that you’re going to call the police. Usually, they don’t want that trouble.

Also, let’s not keep up this stuff about kids now needing permits to do the same things kids have done for generations. There was a brouhaha about this a month or so ago when somebody shut down a kid’s lemonade stand that was actually part of that huge charity event that happens every year because the kid didn’t have a permit. Country Time Lemonade Co. got involved and offered to pay the fines of anybody who got in trouble. Are people now going to say the preteens/teenagers that offer to mow lawns and shovel driveways need a permit to operate? I’m all about kids earning their own fucking money instead of expecting to be given stuff like we see so often (which is something that’s fostered by their entitled breeders).

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
bell_flower

Great. Now the kid has learned that drama that makes the news results in strangers paying for an expensive trip and the kid's fundraising efforts aren't necessary. What a great life lesson.
paragon schnitzophonic
Eh, if the kid was loud and screaming, that’s something that needed to be brought to the attention of the kid’s mother and the landlord of the apartment before calling the police. And threaten the landlord that you’re going to call the police. Usually, they don’t want that trouble.

It seems she tried both first, and neither was interested in the problem.
Landlords will always tell the person complaining to start with talking to the tenant which with some problem makers can be dangerous. The landlords want it off their hands. Once the tenant goes after the trouble maker and is being harassed by the problem maker for daring to complain, the landlord will tell the person complaining to move out to solve the problem. A trashy moo can do some serious damage with society backing her while the other tenant waits until the end of their lease or they may have to break their lease and lose $$$ and a damage deposit to get away.

I have seen this happen with these SJWs, they always have a card to pull and know how to make their victim's suffer in some way. The only option is to ignore them and move
paragon schnitzophonic
Also, let’s not keep up this stuff about kids now needing permits to do the same things kids have done for generations. There was a brouhaha about this a month or so ago when somebody shut down a kid’s lemonade stand that was actually part of that huge charity event that happens every year because the kid didn’t have a permit. Country Time Lemonade Co. got involved and offered to pay the fines of anybody who got in trouble. Are people now going to say the preteens/teenagers that offer to mow lawns and shovel driveways need a permit to operate? I’m all about kids earning their own fucking money instead of expecting to be given stuff like we see so often (which is something that’s fostered by their entitled breeders).

The permit problem is even bigger than you realize. It's not just water or lemonade stands. Scouts and other children's organizations stopped selling door to door, but not so much because of alleged "stranger danger" or dangerous neighborhoods. The largest reason they stopped was that more and more localities around the US required permits and even expensive insurance for such sales, even for kids, even for nonprofit organizations such as the Scouts. We wonder why children don't get jobs? There's an example of how entrepreneurship among them has been squelched.

On top of that, you don't want the IRS or Social Security to learn that your kid is cutting lawns or babysitting for money and not declaring it as income. That could lead to even bigger problems. All it takes is one busybody adult dropping a dime...
I used to live in apartments my whole life until buying my house, and TBH, I was pretty tolerant of a lot of noise that went on around me, realizing that people have to live, and sometimes it can be noisy. If it got excessive, I would close my patio or whatever, but I shouldn't have had to do that. It gets worse when the summer hits, and the loonies are out and about making a fuckton of noise and by closing your windows, you are sweltering and can't sleep.

Where I take exception to this is the fact that Permit Patty (lol) did tell the breeder that she and her kid were making too much noise, and instead of doing the RIGHT thing like considering other people and their peaceful enjoyment, she decided to do this instead.

Now, she and the sprog are being rewarded for their inconsiderate behavior, while the real victim of their BS is now dealing with death threats.
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-44601668

In this article someone referred to gentrification as a form of violence. I guess if some prefers civilized considerate behavior it is now an attack on others

"This is why gentrification is a form of violence. This white woman is selling weed and profiting while black folks sit in prison for life for the same thing, but then she calls the cops on a little black girl selling bottled water. #PermitPatty https://t.co/q6cPmzSXPz
— HollaBlackGirlMagic (@HollaBlackGirl) June 24, 2018"

Holy cow social media is leading to a civil war
Maybe this kid was being a loud brat; perhaps they were being aggressive. Permit Patty appears to have engaged them and acted bitchy.
What is disturbing is the social media pile-on from people who are blowing a minor incident way out of proportion and assigning motives that seem way out of bounds. Two sets of people had a dispute. Nobody died. Move on. Must we as a society weigh in on these controversies and assign one as the "innocent, wronged party" and reward that party monetarily and then one person is evil incarnate who gets death threats and is losing her livelihood because of it? (And note, the wronged party in this case is a chyld, and we know the mob will be on the side of the chyld.)

It may not have been a race issue, just a jerk issue.

I generally try to stay away from crowds and I conduct my business during non-peak hours. A couple of weeks ago I encountered someone who appeared to be a genuine psychopath. I can't remember the last time this happened because I don't get out much. I was going to the thrift store to drop some stuff off. Nobody came to their back door so I drove around front. There is a lane where people can park in front of the store. I put my flashers on and carried one armload in. As I was walking in, this woman accelerated around my car, slammed on her brakes and started backing up toward my car. I was thinking, WTF? My car wasn't keeping her from parking there, in fact she was closer to the store than I was. It appeared my crime was that I happened to be in the exact spot that she wanted to be.

Keep in mind, my the total transaction time for two trips into the store was less than four minutes. The same song was playing on the radio when I completed my drop off and got back in my car. I'm a peace-preferring person, so I moved my car about 15 feet back between trips one and two just so I could get farther away from Psycho. Had I been someone who was spoiling for a fight at all times, I may have ended up on Instagram or Twitter.

Using social media to show bodily injury or real injustice serves a purpose, but the massive reaction to hurt feelings is getting ridiculous.
God, I hate social media. We will never know what happened exactly or who was being a bigger jerk, but what I can know for sure is that it is none of my damn business.

I usually buy stuff from kids because I think it is good for them to be doing it. Screaming at a lemonade stand seems odd, as in my experience they are relatively sedate enterprises. There’s some kids by my local walking trail who stay too busy on a hot day to cause any trouble.
This is an article about the Red Hen restaurant in DC that has the same name of the restaurant that refused service to Sarah Sanders. There is no relation between these two restaurants, and the restaurant that refused service was in Lexington, VIRGINIA.

Their PR rep had numerous engagements with the Twatter mob trying to convince them the restaurants were not owned by the same people.
A particularly dim bulb from the Chumpy camp wrote they were OBVIOUSLY affiliated because they......drumroll please......had the same logo! (A hen.) Another one demanded to know if they would serve Trump supporters if they came in. The PR person said yes, and noted they are in a federal district with anti-discrimination laws. Along came another Chumpy minion who observed that she knows it's a different restaurant, but she thought that response was "defensive" and she surmises they would only serve Sanders because of the law. thinks someone else is crazy

You can't win with these Twatter morons and there are idiots on all sides of the fence.
bell_flower
I generally try to stay away from crowds and I conduct my business during non-peak hours. A couple of weeks ago I encountered someone who appeared to be a genuine psychopath. I can't remember the last time this happened because I don't get out much. I was going to the thrift store to drop some stuff off. Nobody came to their back door so I drove around front. There is a lane where people can park in front of the store. I put my flashers on and carried one armload in. As I was walking in, this woman accelerated around my car, slammed on her brakes and started backing up toward my car. I was thinking, WTF? My car wasn't keeping her from parking there, in fact she was closer to the store than I was. It appeared my crime was that I happened to be in the exact spot that she wanted to be.

Keep in mind, my the total transaction time for two trips into the store was less than four minutes. The same song was playing on the radio when I completed my drop off and got back in my car. I'm a peace-preferring person, so I moved my car about 15 feet back between trips one and two just so I could get farther away from Psycho. Had I been someone who was spoiling for a fight at all times, I may have ended up on Instagram or Twitter.

Glad you're okay. Some psychos in cars think if they visually locate a spot that it is theirs regardless of the fact that someone else may be closer to it. It is a very strange mentality. A distance fixation?

Similar to a store with 3-4 doors to enter and everyone fixates on one door and tries to crowd in it at once instead of using one of the other unoccupied doors. Or the same scenario with a check-out stand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login