Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wahhh we overindulged our autard now hes an adult and being charged with assault for hitting his shrink

Posted by ladybug2203 
Heaven forbid he faces actual consequences

http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2011/02/damage-done-over-indulging-aspergers.html?m=1
The autard is 34 years old! And the doctor is right to press charges. I wonder if the guy ever struck his parents when he was younger; my guess would be yes.

They sure are myrakuls, alright...drooling stupification
I have yet to figure out how breeders of autards suddenly think that their defect is a miracle. It's one of Nature's Mistakes. Like breeding a two-headed kid or something.
He really shouldn't be facing consequences. His parents should be as they made him what he is, a 34 year old baby with a temper issue. Not just for indulging him for 34 years but also for setting him loose outside their home. I don't know at his age and with his condition if it is even possible for him to be rehabilitated.
freya
He really shouldn't be facing consequences. His parents should be as they made him what he is, a 34 year old baby with a temper issue. Not just for indulging him for 34 years but also for setting him loose outside their home. I don't know at his age and with his condition if it is even possible for him to be rehabilitated.

There is no chance of rehabbing this creature. This creature is defective with such massive brain damage that he could at no time ever function. The mildly autistic can be taught to function with good parents. The severely autistic need to go to the Neverlands and be put down like a diseased dog.

I am mildly autistic, so don't bother accusing me of lacking sympathy for these wastes of space.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
craftyzits
There is no chance of rehabbing this creature. This creature is defective with such massive brain damage that he could at no time ever function. The mildly autistic can be taught to function with good parents. The severely autistic need to go to the Neverlands and be put down like a diseased dog.

And yet they educate and spend lots of taxpayer dollars on the severely autistic. Not really seeing the point if there is no chance they will be able to live in society. Money could be spent on lots of other people who may have some issues but can exist in society.
freya
And yet they educate and spend lots of taxpayer dollars on the severely autistic. Not really seeing the point if there is no chance they will be able to live in society.

It used to be these kids received services until age 21, but parents are now trying to extend that into adulthood, probably claiming they need help cradle to grave. I remember reading an article a few years back about parents being shocked that they weren't entitled to a lifetime of free adult daycare, and of course, there was much hand wringing because they have no resources of their own to draw upon.

For individuals who have no hope of contributing to society, it is a huge expense with zero return. It seems like The Village has better ways to spend limited financial resources.
Tiquer
It used to be these kids received services until age 21, but parents are now trying to extend that into adulthood, probably claiming they need help cradle to grave. I remember reading an article a few years back about parents being shocked that they weren't entitled to a lifetime of free adult daycare, and of course, there was much hand wringing because they have no resources of their own to draw upon.

I do feel somewhat sorry if the child has a condition which cannot be tested for before it is born (no sympathy whatsoever for people who deliberately have a child with Down's and then expect help for it) and where there were no strong indications that abnormality was likely (geriatric breeders, known dangerous genes). It's not as if society is prepared to let them send such children off to an institution, as in days past. What are their choices, really?

On the other hand, it ought to be drilled into everyone's head that these kinds of things do happen, whether from birth defects, from accidents, or from disease. It seems like breeders always assume that if they roll the dice their child will be fine, but it's a fundamental fact of life that some people won't be fine. People who can't acknowledge that and aren't prepared to accept that possible outcome should not play dice.
yurble
Tiquer

I do feel somewhat sorry if the child has a condition which cannot be tested for before it is born (no sympathy whatsoever for people who deliberately have a child with Down's and then expect help for it) and where there were no strong indications that abnormality was likely (geriatric breeders, known dangerous genes). It's not as if society is prepared to let them send such children off to an institution, as in days past. What are their choices, really?

On the other hand, it ought to be drilled into everyone's head that these kinds of things do happen, whether from birth defects, from accidents, or from disease. It seems like breeders always assume that if they roll the dice their child will be fine, but it's a fundamental fact of life that some people won't be fine. People who can't acknowledge that and aren't prepared to accept that possible outcome should not play dice.

As many on here know i have a severely autistic sister, my mom was 29 and dad was 31 when she was born so they werent geezer breeders. My mom did have to take a bunch of fertility drugs to have both of us(not IVF, but she kept having miscarriages so had to take these meds to stop her body from rejecting pregnancies so that was the only indicator that they were creating defectos).
So why was the awtard assigned a psychiatrist who doesn't know much about Asperger's? Shouldn't they have stuck him with someone who has some knowledge or experience on Assburger patients?

Sounds like the giant man-tard has a history of angry, violent behavior and I'm sure he's struck his parents plenty of times without consequence, so of course he's learned by now that he can hit whoever he wants and nothing will come of it. I think the blame shouldn't fall squarely on one party, though. The parents are partly at fault for indulging their awtard's every whim and whoever is in charge of his psychiatric care is also partly at fault for having someone who knows almost nothing about the guy's disorder try to deal with him.

Autism or not, the fucker should be charged with something. Obviously his parents have done fuck all to discipline him, so maybe it's time someone else did it. He might actually learn something. But as far as rehabilitation to the point of living outside of a care home? Not happening. The guy's behaviors are far too ingrained at this point and he's never going to be able to function on his own. If the parents don't want to wind up strangled by their violent awtard (or have him strangle/hit other people), they need to keep him somewhere where people will be paid to watch him for the rest of his life.

People can do all right with certain degrees of autism. A couple of my friends have different forms of it and they're doing fine. But when the autism is severe enough that the person feels that hitting people is okay (especially people trained to help them), they cannot be helped.
Cambion
So why was the awtard assigned a psychiatrist who doesn't know much about Asperger's? Shouldn't they have stuck him with someone who has some knowledge or experience on Assburger patients?

I don't think a word was mentioned to the psychiatrist. Perhaps violence being on his record will result in more honest disclosure in the future. Doubting most psychiatrists are willing to deal with anyone who may inflict bodily harm during treatment.
Autizmoos are always talking about how "sweet and gentle" their violent defectos are, so they probably omitted the violent behavior to the psychiatrist and based on the info he had he felt he could handle it
freya
Cambion

I don't think a word was mentioned to the psychiatrist. Perhaps violence being on his record will result in more honest disclosure in the future. Doubting most psychiatrists are willing to deal with anyone who may inflict bodily harm during treatment.

Freya might be right, but I would think that as a member of the medical profession the psychiatrist would have had access to the autard's complete medical records. Those should have contained something about a tendency to commit violence, if Tardley had acted out toward medical providers before. But instead if the family had been lucky, nothing of the sort had ever happened, and medical providers were never told of violent tendencies, then possibly nothing was in the records for the psychiatrist to find.
I know the parents always claim their violent offspring can't help it, but do these kids EVER hit someone who would kick their ever-loving asses? To me, that would be proof that it's really beyond their control. But since they always seem to have the self-control and good sense not to attack someone who will turn them into a pasty smear, I have to think they know exactly what they're doing...and what they can get away with.
After being threatened and nearly beaten by a violent autard at a bus stop for NO reason other than I happened to be there, I can see how this plays out. When the 300 pound She-Tard with the Green Elevens came at me, she thought nobody would step in to help me. It wasn't until the other passengers who were waiting at the stop saw what was happening, they got involved and basically saved my bacon. I weighed little more than 100 pounds back then, in my early twenties. Once the other men and women came to help me, she backed off. She-Tard was never seen at that stop again.

Had I been a large, burly man standing there, she probably never would have approached me. She chose ME because I was tiny and probably looked somewhat helpless...not that I was.

They KNOW what they're doing. I think they get some sort of sick, twisted pleasure in hurting people who are seemingly defenseless.
mumofsixbirds
They KNOW what they're doing. I think they get some sort of sick, twisted pleasure in hurting people who are seemingly defenseless.

The tards have an instinctual cunning. They don't know right vs wrong, but they understand who might be or might not be safe to attack the same way a cheetah knows a water buffalo isn't safe prey.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
mumofsixbirds

They might be fucked in the head, but they still know how to pick their battles. They won't go after someone who is their size or larger because even their pea brains can figure out that they'll get their asses beaten. So they'll target someone who is much smaller, and since they're probably used to being allowed to rough up whomever they like and/or believe their mental condition means they can't get in trouble, they figure no one will stop them if they decide to attack someone they know they can overpower.

And considering awtards and retards of all sizes have tremendous strength, there are probably very few people they couldn't take. I've read more than a couple stories about folks who work in hospitals who experience tard strength first hand where five 250-pound nurses can't restrain a raging 90-pound tard.

Also, I think some of them do know right from wrong. They just choose wrong because they probably know they can get away with it, or because they're sadistic fucks that want to hurt others.
Cambion
mumofsixbirds

They might be fucked in the head, but they still know how to pick their battles. They won't go after someone who is their size or larger because even their pea brains can figure out that they'll get their asses beaten.

I think this may be innate in all humans, the ability to know how to pick the right person to attack physically or otherwise. I'm definitely not saying everyone will attack I've just noticed most people seem to be very good at knowing who they can get away with certain behavior around and who will set them straight. They may be stupid and lack judgment in a bunch of other ways (having baybeez with drug addicts, etc.) but they all seem to understand picking battles.

As a woman if I'm alone in public my experience is radically different than if I'm with a male, even one of smaller stature.
freya
Cambion
mumofsixbirds

They might be fucked in the head, but they still know how to pick their battles. They won't go after someone who is their size or larger because even their pea brains can figure out that they'll get their asses beaten.

I think this may be innate in all humans, the ability to know how to pick the right person to attack physically or otherwise. I'm definitely not saying everyone will attack I've just noticed most people seem to be very good at knowing who they can get away with certain behavior around and who will set them straight. They may be stupid and lack judgment in a bunch of other ways (having baybeez with drug addicts, etc.) but they all seem to understand picking battles.

As a woman if I'm alone in public my experience is radically different than if I'm with a male, even one of smaller stature.

I agree with this 110%. My sister is on the very severe end of the spectrum and very low functioning but even she knows who she can and cant get away with assaulting. She picked on my mom (whose back is shot to hell from caring for her all those years) and my youngest sister who was in preschool at the time (before they put her in a residential facility). She picked on me and my dad the least (not saying never, just was once in a blue moon) because she knew id fight back and defend myself and i didnt care if id get in trouble for it, also rarely targeted my dad because he was much stronger than my mom however he was more tolerant of it than i was. I was the least tolerant of anyone in my family and therefore she targeted me the least.

I remember when i was 12 she hit me once in the car all i did was yell "ow" (more cuz i was startled not really in pain)i didnt even fight back that time, instead of asking if i was alright my dad barked "you handled it lousily!" then i said "im ok incase ur wondering" then he smacked me sad smiley. Still makes my blood boil to this day. My parents wanted us to be as still as the Buddha statue and stone cold silent when we were attacked, i never listened to any of that garbage and got hit the least. My sis (most of the time) knew to not fuck with me.
People think they need to handle awtards with kid gloves, but I think sometimes that can cause more problems because even the dumbest tard can figure out that they can hit someone and the other person won't hit them back, so what reason do they have to stop being violent? "Use your words" is not a feasible option for someone with the IQ of tartar sauce. Tards can hit very hard without trying too, and the handlers will play it off as, "Oh, s/he's just playing!" Meanwhile, the tard's target is sitting there nursing a broken nose.

I think if people hit these tards back, they'd learn that people won't take their shit. I realize that would be seriously frowned upon, but tards aren't so dumb that they don't understand pain. If they smack someone and get smacked back, they won't go after that person again. I hate the attitude that if a tard attacks you, you're just supposed to sit there and take it because they don't know any better. Hitting or shoving the fuckers right back (or just plain defending yourself without actually striking) would teach them to know better, but then you'd be labeled a monster for "abusing" a mentally challenged person.
These tards need to be kept in a chemical straight jacket in order to keep the public safe.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Are we going to end up with prisons dedicated to these people? Seems to be a distinct possibility.
Here's an interesting study on why boy auties are huge. Guess they couldn't be arsed to study girls with the condition (as is the norm with scientific studies). So it's not just our imaginations that these people really ARE hulk-sized.

Oddly I haven't noticed this trait in myself or others with Asperger's, so it may just be a "severe end of the spectrum" thing.
trance formation usa
Here's an interesting study on why boy auties are huge. Guess they couldn't be arsed to study girls with the condition (as is the norm with scientific studies). So it's not just our imaginations that these people really ARE hulk-sized.

Oddly I haven't noticed this trait in myself or others with Asperger's, so it may just be a "severe end of the spectrum" thing.

My autstic sister is overweight but shes short only about 5 ft tall.

However ever since going to her group home she has lost alot of weight. Before group home she would only eat a few foods mostly junk, and was a major binge eater didnt know when to stop.

Her group home has done a great job getting her to eat a variety of foods (getting her out of the "routines") many of them are healthy. So yes lurking moos it IS possible to feed them studf besides a few select processed junk.
ladybug2203
trance formation usa

My autstic sister is overweight but shes short only about 5 ft tall.

However ever since going to her group home she has lost alot of weight. Before group home she would only eat a few foods mostly junk, and was a major binge eater didnt know when to stop.

Her group home has done a great job getting her to eat a variety of foods (getting her out of the "routines") many of them are healthy. So yes lurking moos it IS possible to feed them studf besides a few select processed junk.

A few years ago I had a health scare and had to drastically modify my diet to improve my health. You'd think, given these people have a neurological condition that their parents and/or care givers would keep them on a strict diet and not allow junk food. While her group home is doing this correctly there are way too many stories of overindulged spectrum kids who freak out if they don't get their pizza (insert junk food) every day that is exactly the same. Yet to hear one story of one who freaks out over his/her salad or veggies.

Pretty much everyone knows certain foods are addictive/offer no nutrition/etc. and parents need to understand this and keep these foods at a minimum to their kids, especially if they have health or neurological issues.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login