Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Environment causing men and women to be infertile

Posted by freya 
Article: Environment causing men and women to be infertile
June 28, 2018
The state of the environment may be curtailing fertility states the article. Told from the perspective of tragedy because the quality of sperm is declining and slowing down population growth. If this is true, it is much more tragic for all of us that are alive now and will experience an overall decline in health. Leave the unborn out of this, clean house, and reduce breeding.

Link:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/26/making-babies-is-beginning-to-look-as-difficult-for-men-as-it-always-has-been-for-women
Re: Article: Environment causing men and women to be infertile
June 28, 2018
And this is Bad news?
Becoming Gilead is next.
June 29, 2018
This has to be the one and only benefit pollution has ever delivered.
June 29, 2018
mr. neptune
And this is Bad news?

Only from the perspective of us all being unhealthy, not just sperm counts.
My uneducated hypothesis on the increase of infertility in the past 20 years is that, like other species, our overpopulation unlocked a species survival mechanism where our natural fertility decreases in order to produce less people and thus ensure the survival of humans as a whole. But of course, we being humans, we have to abuse science and waste research money in order to circumvent that survival mechanism, which ensures our doom one way or another.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

June 29, 2018
only aside would be the increase in resource-sucking birth defects

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
The biggest clue is what is said in the article, that the decline is over 40 years and centers around the west. Do you know what other anomaly has also been observed to be significant in this demographic? Obesity. This population has not just put on weight, but have become morbidly obese and super morbidly obese. Even the term 'super morbidly obese' didn't exist 40 years ago, but had to be created for those who were so heavy, that they weighed over what scales could define their weight range. The biggest issue is that the majority of obesity is the central obesity type, and this is the worst type in regards to health issues associated.

Now obesity isn't the sole responsibility of infertility, but it's sure as hell responsible for a significant portion of it. Central obesity royally screws with the body, one of which is the hormones. Males with central obesity start over-producing estrogen, which in turn screws with sperm production. Females on the other hand get their biochemistry thrown out of whack, which in turn screws with all sorts of reproduction systems responsible for egg production, secretion and pregnancy. Throw in diabetes for both sexes, and you got significant causes for infertility. Don't forget that the increase in automation, means that there is less exercise, and increased sedentary lifestyles, which also contribute to obesity.

Lastly, the environment as well screws around with hormone levels, as many cooking items and food mass production leech chemicals, which mimic hormones, when ingested. Essentially, the western population are eating themselves closer to infertility with every burger.
June 30, 2018
There is also the fact that cellphones are known to release a form of radiation, and the unique angle that most people use them (to text) tends to aim this radiation straight at men's balls. This hurts sperm production (I think also around 40%) and given how much the phones are being used, those balls get nuked a lot.

Now what will be interesting is what will happen to the children and young teens given them, since the phones are given to them at such an early age by their best friends *ahem* parents. These kids will be exposed at a younger age and for potentially longer, so imagine how that's going to go.
July 01, 2018
nokidsandhappy
The biggest clue is what is said in the article, that the decline is over 40 years and centers around the west. Do you know what other anomaly has also been observed to be significant in this demographic? Obesity.

I think I recall hearing years ago (early 2000's) several women say that their doctors told them being overweight may greatly reduce their odds of pregnancy. I don't know if doctors are still saying this but what you said about obesity and declining birth rates makes sense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login