Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo gets manager fired

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo gets manager fired
July 03, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/post-goes-viral-unsympathetic-manager-denies-woman-day-off-son-life-support-021327653.html?bcmt=1&guccounter=1

I wonder if this moo WAS a really bad employee and was always using her kid to call in everytime the kid sniffed and the manager feared firing her due to the backlash of her being a moo. Then when something awful actually did happen the manager thought it was just her crying wolf again only being more desparate/creative about it. Now that it happened to be true the moo has the manager fired and she gets to keep her job and the manager can only hope they are not umemployable due to a mob attack from social media as someone may get her info and put it out there. The commenters are taking the usual side of SaintMoo vs evil child hating manager and as usual the media only gives enough of the story to create two opposing sides with moo being the total victim. A lot of people today who are disenfranchised seem to be using the media and it's way of creating the story to do as they will knowing they can now take down someone who doesn't give them what they want.
Re: Moo gets manager fired
July 03, 2018
I'm seeing words like "drama" and " more than accommodating" in the manager's post. This tells me that moo takes advantage of leave.

If this were an isolated occurrence then I doubt she would be using those words. Unfortunately from what I've seen in the workplace there are certain moos/duhs who cycle in various degrees of drama and need time off all the time. This seems especially prevalent in the entry level jobs where employers are known to give moos/duhs sympathy and preferential treatment. Others at work are penalized or interrogated for taking one or two days off a year when so sick they can't walk. If they don't have kids it is always assumed and laughed at once they return that they were home because of a hangover. But moos are exhausting their sick/vacation time within the first month or two of the year THEN employers are encouraging other employees to donate their sick/vacation time to dumb moos. The same moos that laugh and claim anyone that doesn't have kids had the day off to nurse a hangover. Yet, somehow most of the parents at work manage to be there and be responsible.
July 03, 2018
I worked with a moo that once came in late because her sixteen year old son had poison ivy. The CF employees were rightfully annoyed and got told they were insensitive. Employers probably wind up getting burned by these breeders because they let them take off whenever they mention the kids, and eventually freak out if they're ever told no.

ETA it looks like the moo is a liar. Somebody on "life support" sounds like he is dying. Moo seems pretty confident he's getting better because she says she'll be back as soon as he's better. If your kid was really on life support would you be that confident he was going to be fine in a couple of days? This is also a very easy thing to lie about since manager can't check his condition at the hospital due to privacy laws.
July 03, 2018
I guess in the story moo texted the manager from the hospital and told her what happened and said that she was coming back in days even weeks and expected them to save her job. The manager freaked out on her in texts and told her that they can't save people's jobs for up to weeks with others covering. This is what happens when people breed while working a teenager's job.
July 04, 2018
cfinboston
I worked with a moo that once came in late because her sixteen year old son had poison ivy. The CF employees were rightfully annoyed and got told they were insensitive. Employers probably wind up getting burned by these breeders because they let them take off whenever they mention the kids, and eventually freak out if they're ever told no.

A sixteen year old is two years away from being an adult. Poison ivy is a minor irritation. Whomever said the employees were insensitive is a moron.
July 04, 2018
freya
A sixteen year old is two years away from being an adult. Poison ivy is a minor irritation. Whomever said the employees were insensitive is a moron.

Not everyone responds the same to infection.

I came down with community-acquired MRSA in May 2017. That most often just involves skin and high power antibiotics.

I spent that month in the hospital, 3 weeks in a coma so deep I needed intubation. I was septic with MRSA pneumonia.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 04, 2018
craftyzits
Not everyone responds the same to infection.

I came down with community-acquired MRSA in May 2017. That most often just involves skin and high power antibiotics.

I spent that month in the hospital, 3 weeks in a coma so deep I needed intubation. I was septic with MRSA pneumonia.

I think MRSA is more serious than poison ivy. Poison ivy can be treated with OTC and some people have no reaction. Glad you're okay. Now, if you had poison ivy it may have required a hospital stay but I hope not. As far as I can tell from the post, the sixteen year old wasn't immune-compromised.
July 05, 2018
craftyzits

Lord love you, that's what killed my mother. MRSA pneumonia. Glad you're still with us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login