Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Creative New PNA method. Featuring cosleeping & opiods

Posted by cfinboston 
Creative New PNA method. Featuring cosleeping & opiods
July 03, 2018
https://nyp.st/2tKrEG8

Sounds like the coroner does not totally believe the fentanyl patch just rolled off moo onto baby. More likely moo stuck the patch on the poor kid and thinks if she beats about cosleeping they won't ask questions.
Re: Creative New PNA method. Featuring cosleeping & opiods
July 03, 2018
Why not? Breeders just roll with the times now. Hot car deaths are being noted as suspicious in many cases? Kid's a little too old for the Crib Death scenario? Why not just cry about drug addiction and how it killed your baby? I'm sure some advocacy group will be out there fighting to get you off and get you money for it.
July 04, 2018
I don't know how sticky fetanyl patches are, but I imagine they don't stick like fucking glue. So what these people are trying to say is Moo's patch fell off while she was asleep and somehow found its way onto her loaf's skin, of all places. It didn't get lost in her sheets or stick to anything else or wind up sticky side down on the mattress or fall on the floor. Plus, I'm sure you have to apply some pressure to make the thing stick to skin, which you wouldn't get from laying in bed. And just how much do you have to roll around to unstick one of these patches anyway? Don't Moos sleep like the dead because they're So TiredTM?

Yeah, I don't buy it, though I don't know if it was necessarily an intentional PNA. The loaf might have been crying and Moo stuck the patch on it to make it shut up for a while without realizing it was too high of a dose. Or she very well could have intentionally did this knowing the kid would die and she could pass it off as a tragic accident and her only crime was being so exhausted from being such a good mommy.

Either way, be on the lookout for more fetanyl patch loaf deaths in the future. Now that someone figured out this new method, there will be bandwagon jumpers.
July 04, 2018
Cambion
I don't know how sticky fetanyl patches are, but I imagine they don't stick like fucking glue. So what these people are trying to say is Moo's patch fell off while she was asleep and somehow found its way onto her loaf's skin, of all places. It didn't get lost in her sheets or stick to anything else or wind up sticky side down on the mattress or fall on the floor. Plus, I'm sure you have to apply some pressure to make the thing stick to skin, which you wouldn't get from laying in bed. And just how much do you have to roll around to unstick one of these patches anyway? Don't Moos sleep like the dead because they're So TiredTM?

I've never used a fentanyl patch, but I have used the birth control patch and the estriodol patch for menopause, and I assume the degree of "stick-um" must be about the same. Of the patches I used, you could shower with them, have sex while wearing one, and dry yourself off vigorously with a towel; in none of these scenarios would the patch come off easily. I very much doubt that the Moo's patch came off for no other reason than that she was laying in bed; even tossing and turning wouldn't have budged any of the patches that I used.

And why was the infink in bed with Moomie, anyway? I thought the word had gone out about how dangerous for the baby it is to be in bed with the adults?

Yeah, the whole thing stinks to me.
July 04, 2018
Cambion
Either way, be on the lookout for more fetanyl patch loaf deaths in the future. Now that someone figured out this new method, there will be bandwagon jumpers.

Only if she isn't charged and gets away with it. Nobody is going to copy unsuccessful methods. I'm sure you could plot the uptake and decline of methods for a very predictable graph. Once something gets too well known people start to get suspicious, but if it isn't well known yet there's a lot of effort that has to be put in the defense in explaining the "accidental" part of it, so that isn't appealing either.
July 04, 2018
I hope they don't dismiss this case as an accident. Didn't realize there was an opiod patch available.

I asked someone about the nicotine patch when they became popular and was told the first time he removed it it was so difficult and sticky that it resulted in a bruise and torn skin. Once I was given a bit of a very low dose nicotine patch to try and it adhered to my skin like superglue and days later the glue remained. While it is understandable that the manufacturers may have refined the patch since then I would still venture to guess it is extremely difficult for any patch containing a pharmaceutical to randomly fall off an adult and somehow adhere to a loaf while they are both unconscious.

The scary part is there are lots of patches out there with pharmaceutical doses that will kill loaves and lots of desperate breeders.
July 04, 2018
I don't buy that for a New York minute! I work in the medical field, I see these kinds of patches on folks on a daily basis. This kind of patch is clear, it's got an almost superglue quality when first stuck on the skin. It's meant to last thru putting on clothing/sweating/bathing for multiple days. Its so the medicine can gradually absorb into the skin. They do come off eventually, but it takes almost a week. Yes, sometimes they fall off, but its rare. And when they do have to be peeled off little bastards catch some skin. It hurts like a bandaid coming off, then by that point it seems to be used up and mostly harmless.

My point being, that idiot cow is lying thru her stupid teeth. Unless she taped it to the kid with duct tape, which I wouldn't put it past her honestly. I seriously would not believe that idiotic story if I were a judge.
July 04, 2018
So apparently they do stick like fucking glue! Thanks to the folks for the details on the stickiness of the patches. Sounds like Moo would either have had to really give that patch a good yank to get it off OR she applied a brand new patch to the loaf, unless for some reason that one was defective, in which case she could probably sue the people who make it regardless of her own guilt. If it was due to be changed because it had been on for a while, wouldn't that mean that the medication left in it would have been extremely low? The coroner said that the amount of fentanyl in the kid's system would be enough to cause a lethal overdose in an adult.

I think Moo probably was due to switch her own patch, so she slapped a brand new one on the loaf and figured she'd pass it off as the patch falling off accidentally and coincidentally sticking to the kid's skin (and not it's clothes, diaper, or hair), thinking no one wold question it.

yurble
Only if she isn't charged and gets away with it. Nobody is going to copy unsuccessful methods.

I think you underestimate how stupid some people can be. But you're right that they won't use the exact same failed method. I could foresee people doing similar things again, but doing it slightly differently to try and get away with it.
July 04, 2018
Cambion

yurble
Only if she isn't charged and gets away with it. Nobody is going to copy unsuccessful methods.

I think you underestimate how stupid some people can be. But you're right that they won't use the exact same failed method. I could foresee people doing similar things again, but doing it slightly differently to try and get away with it.

I feel like there's a bell curve when it comes to PNA methods. A few people try something. Others watch to see if the defense is going to fly. If the defense is accepted, and there's no public outcry against the breeder, there will be a sharp increase in how frequently it will happen, and because it is "known" to be accidental, most won't even be charged, under "they've suffered enough." If the method doesn't go down well in court, a few people might try it, but it won't really take off (example: "a man hijacked my car", which didn't work and hasn't been widely imitated.) Then, after a while, the murder method becomes so widespread that a few people start to question it, and the popularity wanes (example: sudden infant death syndrome).

Personally, I think it is ridiculous that authorities can't see through this bullshit. First, if it was a thing, and that thing doesn't relate to a new invention, why is it suddenly on the rise (example: hot car deaths)? Second, if it is a thing, why does it seem to happen only in one country? I can't remember reading about (m)any hot car deaths in Europe, probably because the excuse would be treated with skepticism.
July 04, 2018
Wouldn't it be ironic if we at Bratfree wound up as a rogue investigative body that spurred further looks at these cases? It's funny that our very unsentimentality towards breeders is the very thing that lets us look at these with critical eyes
July 05, 2018
cfinboston
Wouldn't it be ironic if we at Bratfree wound up as a rogue investigative body that spurred further looks at these cases? It's funny that our very unsentimentality towards breeders is the very thing that lets us look at these with critical eyes

Nobody would listen to us, because we don't understand, having not had kids. (A statement that makes me think every breeder is a few days of sleeplessness away from murder.)
July 05, 2018
I've used the nicotine patch a few times in my life, and man did it STICK. I mean, it was brutally sticky. I couldn't remove one of those things without tearing a layer of my skin off. That was even when I tried to remove it in a warm bathtub.

I don't know how sticky these opioid patches are, (for obvious reason), BUT I can't imagine them being sooo delicate that they slough off with just a gentle roll around on a bed.

I just want to add as a side-note, when I've been on the nicotine patch, I was extra careful of my birds, and did everything in my power not to expose the birds to it. I was paranoid about giving one of my featherbabies nicotine poisoning.

Of course, I'm not a moo to DNA replicants, so what do I know? I just wouldn't understaaaaaannnnnd how such a tragedy could happen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login