Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I’m in My 40s, Child-Free and Happy. Why Won’t Anyone Believe Me?

Posted by freya 
Thanks, Freya, it was a pretty good weekend, and I'm starting my Monday on a fairly good note, too. I'm dealing with chronic pain in my legs and it's frickin' hot here, so I've decided to basically take it easy today. A little housework in the morning, followed by studying on the patio in the afternoon. I'm making an easy dinner tonight, too.

I re-read my post I made on Friday, and kind of laughed. It sounds a bit Gluten Free Girl-esque, which I sort of meant for it to be, of course, sans the loaves. Maybe I should start a blog of my own, and boast about how wonderful it is to be CF? The simple pleasure of things without the screaming, freaking out, misery and heavy pre-planning that I have avoided because I didn't have them? Maybe I could start a non-mommy food blog. Haha, That sounds pretty good! I might actually do that, lol.
mumofsixbirds
Thanks, Freya, it was a pretty good weekend, and I'm starting my Monday on a fairly good note, too. I'm dealing with chronic pain in my legs and it's frickin' hot here, so I've decided to basically take it easy today. A little housework in the morning, followed by studying on the patio in the afternoon. I'm making an easy dinner tonight, too.

I re-read my post I made on Friday, and kind of laughed. It sounds a bit Gluten Free Girl-esque, which I sort of meant for it to be, of course, sans the loaves. Maybe I should start a blog of my own, and boast about how wonderful it is to be CF? The simple pleasure of things without the screaming, freaking out, misery and heavy pre-planning that I have avoided because I didn't have them? Maybe I could start a non-mommy food blog. Haha, That sounds pretty good! I might actually do that, lol.

I'd read your blog. I love to cook tasty meals. And food is a necessary goodness.

Have you considered cupping for your legs? I have some chronic back/shoulder pain (some from sleeping incorrectly/some from a motorcycle accident) that I've been alleviating with cupping. It decompresses tissue through suction, unlike massage therapy that compresses tissue. I don't have a scientific approach to it, just pull the skin taunt and put the cups where the pain/pain line is. I do it at least once a week to break down the scar tissue in my wrists so I don't develop carpal tunnel.

I've read it has positive results for rheumatoid arthritis, so you may want to see what you can find online.

These are the ones I purchased for $30: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8JJZVL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, soaking in a cup of epsom (magnesium) salts is great for sore muscles. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer. If you decide to try it just make sure there aren't any contraindications with any of your current treatments.
Thanks for the interesting advice, Freya. I've never heard of cupping before, and I'm definitely going to check that out! It's boiling hot out here right now and my feet and legs are red and swelled. I'd do anything to relieve the pain I'm in.
Re: I’m in My 40s, Child-Free and Happy. Why Won’t Anyone Believe Me?
July 17, 2018
Magnesium also comes in spray form, if you don't fancy lying in a bath in hot weather. I keep some on hand for muscle cramps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login