Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't they ever think about it?

Posted by yurble 
Don't they ever think about it?
July 14, 2018
I was also reading this article by a conservationist who cringes every time she's expected to congratulate people for reproduction.

I cannot help but think, “Why couldn’t they just adopt?”(There are an estimated 30 million orphans in India alone, though all don’t fall under the legal adoption umbrella).; “Why did they not think twice about the planet folding like a flimsy sheet of paper under the exploding human population?” I wonder if these thoughts ever cross the minds of the millions around the world who had and have chosen to get pregnant? I must specify that I’m not talking about the men and women who do not have access to contraceptives and education. I am speaking of the men and women who have the luxury of choice to conceive children or not, access to education and money to invest in contraceptives and practice family planning.

It's always what strikes me, too. How can people read the news, and still go on to have children? Do they never take a moment to consider what kind of a world that child will live in? Are they seriously so selfish as to not consider all the other people and other species on the planet, not to mention the well-being of their own child? How can they be so blind that all they can see is "I want"? It's things like this that make me feel like other people are alien to me, because I just cannot understand at all why they choose to reproduce when they have the option not to.

We humans are not pragmatic enough as a species to exercise moral restraint and undo our destructive ways of living. If we really are pragmatic, why are we not taking this dire population crisis issue more seriously, and addressing it dedicatedly? Why is it not talked about as much as its more famous and closely related cousin, climate change? Clearly the two are closely and irrevocably linked. Then is it because, it is simply too inconvenient a truth to admit to?
Unfortunately, human population control and family planning is not even on the agenda of most conservation organisations across the world. This, despite the fact that unsustainable rise in population renders even the best conservation efforts weak.
We have a long way to go before we as a species are mature enough to own up to the devastation of the planet that we are causing and to take certain ‘unselfish’ decisions. More than loyalty to your country and land, it’s loyalty to your planet that I think is important, loyalty to your own species and other species too. This is our only home. And it is up to us.
Re: Don't they ever think about it?
July 14, 2018
The problem with a lot of breeders is that they don't think. They just do. They don't consider the consequences of having a kid, either for themselves or what it means to the rest of the world. Some have the arrogance to believe that their little rocket scientists will grow up to solve world problems. The truth is, more tards are being born than we know what to do with.
July 14, 2018
I have (and sometimes DO daily) wondered why they never even think of NOT breeding--apparently! AND, if you notice, I seem to see breeders as mostly being "much too bizzy and important" to bother with such things as recycling---to even TRY to help reduce their damage to the planet THEIR KIDS will inherit!
July 15, 2018
mumofsixbirds
The problem with a lot of breeders is that they don't think. They just do. They don't consider the consequences of having a kid, either for themselves or what it means to the rest of the world. Some have the arrogance to believe that their little rocket scientists will grow up to solve world problems. The truth is, more tards are being born than we know what to do with.

And their kids are brought up with the same mentality. Don't think. Just do. And the cycle continues. And no one ever became a rock scientist by not thinking and just doing, despite how poorly their parents define rocket scientist (any one made of their genes).
July 16, 2018
I don't know why breeders can believe in the cumulative power of reproduction when it comes to good things, but not when it comes to the actual effects of overpopulation we observe. In their world, children never disappoint their parents. A child of environmentally-minded parents would never become extremely materialistic, and the child of a frustrated middle-class office worker cannot fail to become a brilliant scientist who addresses the world's ills.

Yet even a tiny amount of thinking would reveal that they themselves probably didn't fulfill their parents' dreams.
July 16, 2018
I don't know why humans get a pass from the laws of economics (scarcity), mathematics, etc. Most humans seem to grasp the ramifications of overpopulation when it comes to other species, and even resort to desperate and often cruel and ill-advised measures to eradicate them, but Heaven forbid that anyone suggest to any human that he/she limit his/her family size because it's everyone's right to reproduce.

thinks someone else is crazy thinks someone else is crazy thinks someone else is crazy thinks someone else is crazy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login