Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mom hilariously nails the contradictions of motherhood

Posted by freya 
Mom hilariously nails the contradictions of motherhood
July 28, 2018
This mom knows how absurd the love/hate is for moos and duhs.
After seeing this convinced it has got to be a Oxytocin and it must be so powerful for some that it is akin to crack or similar. Addicts will suffer immensely to have the next high if they have to.
Way speculating here but maybe that chemical makes us child free? I definitely did make
a conscious choice but perhaps if my chemicals were a bit
different I may have at least considered making another choice? Or maybe we have a differently attuned/less or more sensitive sense of smell?

If this is possible are the childless who sprog to please their spouse sitting there being sickened by the whole ordeal and working hard to not feel repulsed 100% of the time? Or perhaps the chemicals start working for them and they think their kid is the best. Or if the roles were reversed for the spouses, would the other feel sickened by not having kids?

If so, how many people out there pretend to have a reaction to Oxytocin but it is all an orchestrated act? They only say it because they heard it and have decided they will be better off pretending to be like everyone else, for whatever reasons(s). Perhaps they desire no children or intimate relationships?

Perhaps the greater the shortage the higher probability of leanings towards psychopathy due to less empathy?

Or perhaps there is empathy and no trust for some? Article below ties this chemical to trust bonding.

This could especially be true for people who tend to be more nihilistic in nature due to the self-fulfilling prophecy of their beliefs.

The idea that we could be fooling mother nature is simply delightful!

Here is the mom and contradictions of motherhood:
https://www.today.com/video/watch-one-mom-hilariously-nail-the-contradictions-of-motherhood-1285934147670

And one on smell:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4520620/How-smell-REAL-key-sexual-attraction.html
Re: Mom hilariously nails the contradictions of motherhood
July 28, 2018
I've always been of the opinion that the childfree are wired differently. The fact that I've never known a childfree person who thinks babies smell good is, I think, evidence of that fact. We're just different cats than the childed.
July 29, 2018
I totally agree, Skyeyes
July 30, 2018
I know this sounds weird, but when my nieces and nephews were born/toddlers. I tested that theory, because everyone was cooing over "new baby smell". Well I am definitely different, because all I smelled was sour milk, stale cheerios and shit. I was totally like "Ick"!

Nor do I feel anything towards babies or toddlers in general. First thing that crosses my mind is, "oh look, a potato with a bobble head" or "Meh." Now an animal, like a cat, dog or bird. I totally melt, get all lovey and I'm like "Awww Hi there you adorable little thing!!!" grinning smiley
July 30, 2018
I think kids smell horrible. As babies, they smell sour or shitty, and as they become toddlers the smell diminishes but their lax hygiene becomes more evident with their sticky hands and snotty faces.

As for appearance, all infants fall into two categories. Most are ugly dumpy potatoes. But a few are hideously ugly trolls. They don't really start to look normal until after they stop being toddlers, although there's clearly improvement from the newborn state to the toddler state.
July 30, 2018
What yurble said should be immortalized in the CF Hall of Fame posts. Short, factual and to the point.

And that's just how they LOOK and smell. How they ACT is the topper. Whenever I'm around one of those ugly, dumpy potatoes or a toadler, I think, someone wanted one of these things, why? I just can't fathom. And in the First World, they are OPTIONAL and PREVENTABLE, thank the appropriate deity.
July 30, 2018
I agree to that wholeheartedly. I might add, whenever a toadler has a tantrum depending on severity. All I really want to do is either grab a cross, then call an exorcist or maybe a SWAT team.
July 30, 2018
demonkitten
I agree to that wholeheartedly. I might add, whenever a toadler has a tantrum depending on severity. All I really want to do is either grab a cross, then call an exorcist or maybe a SWAT team.

LOL! ITA. If I'm out and about with my husband and I hear some random brat going off, I usually say something to my husband like, "Where is a priest when ya need one?" He always laughs at that comment... grinning smiley
July 30, 2018
In my experience, all children from infants up to about the age of eight years old smell like any combination of sour milk, bodily fluids, and sickness. Like have you ever been around someone who's really sick with a bad flu bug and you can just smell that sickness clinging to them like their own personal cloud of humidity? That's how kids smell to me. If there is a "new baby smell" people like, it's probably fragrance from baby powder or baby wipes, and if I really need those scents, I'll just go buy those items (I do like the smell of baby powder).

I don't get all starry-eyed or goofy when I see a child. My immediate thoughts are, "It looks like a potato-troll crossbreed" or "Please don't let this thing get me sick." Because, inevitably, I will get sick when I'm around a very young child for too long.

The way most people act around kids is how I act around cats. I talk like a retard to them, I want to hold them and snuggle them, and I find them adorable. Even the ones that are sticky and stinky.
July 31, 2018
Cambion
In my experience, all children from infants up to about the age of eight years old smell like any combination of sour milk, bodily fluids, and sickness. Like have you ever been around someone who's really sick with a bad flu bug and you can just smell that sickness clinging to them like their own personal cloud of humidity? That's how kids smell to me. If there is a "new baby smell" people like, it's probably fragrance from baby powder or baby wipes, and if I really need those scents, I'll just go buy those items (I do like the smell of baby powder).

Actually, scientists say there is a "baby smell" that smells good to parents - it's the sebum secreted from the baby's scalp. The smell lasts until the kid is nearly three years old, and evolutionarily speaking, it may be there so that parents "like" the baby so much that when the smell fades, they think, "Oh, we better have another one of those good-smelling things!"

The fact that you can't smell it, Cambion, just reinforces my notion that we childfree are wired differently. I can't smell it either. I'll bet you lunch that there isn't a person on this board or on Reddit r/childfree, or for that matter, on alt.support.childfree on Usenet, that can smell it. Evolution just didn't give us that capability, along with the desire to procreate.
July 31, 2018
I don't think baybees and toadlers look or smell nice either.

But what really bugs me is the way kids of all ages behave. I hate their unpredictability, their noisiness, and how spastic, jumpy, and overly excitable many of them are. I hate how needy and demanding they are. Every 20 seconds it's "mommy I want this" or "mommy why is that".

.Lately I've been noticing how exhausted and just sick of their kids a lot of the mommies seem. If I can notice how kids behave without ever having one of my own why can't they? The best answer I can think of is wannamoos are in denial. They think THEIR kids won't be brats like all the others because their DNA is somehow magical.
July 31, 2018
I just watched the video of the moo talking about how complicated it is to be a moo. It almost read to me like a serious mental illness, the way she was going on about it. One second happy, the next sad. I would HATE to live my life like that. I prefer being on an even keel.

So, I guess moohood is a lot like schizophrenia or bipolar disease. No thanks! I don't want to live my life on a self-imposed permanent roller-coaster ride. Life is difficult and complicated enough without that shit going on in my head.

ETA: I also don't get the smell thing. I only smell what Cambion described so well. Usually the first thing I think is, "God, I hope that kid doesn't puke anywhere around me!" Or, "I think it shit itself." None of those smells are remotely pleasant to me.
July 31, 2018
ondinette
I don't think baybees and toadlers look or smell nice either.

But what really bugs me is the way kids of all ages behave. I hate their unpredictability, their noisiness, and how spastic, jumpy, and overly excitable many of them are. I hate how needy and demanding they are. Every 20 seconds it's "mommy I want this" or "mommy why is that".

.Lately I've been noticing how exhausted and just sick of their kids a lot of the mommies seem. If I can notice how kids behave without ever having one of my own why can't they? The best answer I can think of is wannamoos are in denial. They think THEIR kids won't be brats like all the others because their DNA is somehow magical.

The reason many kids are noisy, spastic, jumpy, and overly excitable is that they don't go to bed at decent hours and are mainlined sugar 24/7. Toddlers need to go to bed at 6:30 to 7 pm at night, and no one needs sugar 24/7.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 31, 2018
we even get close enuf to baabbeees to smell their scalp??

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login