Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stop paying rent? You get evicted. Imagine that.

Posted by quiltergirl 
Stop paying rent? You get evicted. Imagine that.
July 31, 2018
Sob story about young mother of two getting evicted because she hasn't paid her rent since January. Says she was confused about where to send it. Uh huh. Right. Has been homeless before. Can't find a job in a state with the lowest unemployment rate in the nation and where employers are begging for workers. Shit, you can start at Wendy's for $10/hr. Living with another unemployed loser with a kid. I call major bullshit on both of them. Can feed em? Don't breed em.

http://www.unionleader.com/human-interest/NH-Hero-being-evicted-facing-homelessness-07312018
Re: Stop paying rent? You get evicted. Imagine that.
July 31, 2018
What is it with these people who think that they should live rent-free in someone else's property?
July 31, 2018
It seems that there has been a bit of confusion with what's happening, but really. Not paying rent since January, and then being surprised by an eviction notice? I'm sure if she tried, she would have been able to find out who the property managers were, and send them the rent.

I've always been really concerned about keeping the roof over my head. Roof first, bills and utilities next, groceries and other stuff after that. It's not too difficult to prioritize things. Moo just needs to get her priorities straight, and make sure that the important things get done.

Also, if she hadn't been able to pay rent since January due to this confusion, there was plenty of time since then to start looking for another place to live. It's almost August, for God's sake. That's nearly eight months where she could have found another place to live, instead of keeping the money and facing this situation.
July 31, 2018
A lot of people can't seem to manage to pay rent or save up for a down payment on a house. Mysteriously, they have money for smartphones, data plans, $5 coffee every morning, every meal eaten out, nail salons, etc.
July 31, 2018
Well, I guess when you are a hero they should give you a break on the rent or something

Also chest tats are probanly not the best decision for getitng a job
July 31, 2018
Um, why cant the disabled housemate watch her kids? He also has one so I don't see the problem. And wgat happened to all the money for rent? Did she also lose her housemate's share? Lots of stuff here doesn't add up.
July 31, 2018
Tattoos also cost money. Notice these days the poorest people have many many in modern times.
July 31, 2018
cfuter
Tattoos also cost money. Notice these days the poorest people have many many in modern times.

And cell phones. Expensive looking ones. I am not poor, but even I can't justify the expense of a cell phone plan right now. Maybe if I get a job outside of the house, I might invest in it, but since I'm just a student at home, I don't see the point. If you don't have a job, how can you afford these things? I looked into getting one awhile back, and I found them to be a bit of a waste of money - for me, at least. My husband has an I Phone, but it's his work phone and it's paid for by his employer.
July 31, 2018
JoJo
A lot of people can't seem to manage to pay rent or save up for a down payment on a house. Mysteriously, they have money for smartphones, data plans, $5 coffee every morning, every meal eaten out, nail salons, etc.

I am cheap.

I’ll admit it... I clip coupons. And I shop at a big box warehouse store. I buy household goods and some foods in bulk because the pricing is better. If I do eat out it’s quick service or casual dining 99% of the time. I buy firewood in the summer when it is on sale. My phone is overdue for an upgrade but it works just fine so I see no reason to waste money on a new one. I handle as many home repairs as I can unless they are well above my level of expertise... and I get a great deal of satisfaction in learning new skills in this regard.

I know I can afford a new car, new phone, and an occasional pricey dinner at a fancy restaurant... but these things won’t bring satisfaction to my life. Having my bills paid, zero balance on my credit card, and a healthy retirement account is more valuable than living above my means.

There are definitely wealthy folks out there who can afford the 4500 square foot home, the Lexus, the trips to the salon, and tuba lessons for Junior. However, I believe that there are more folks out there who are living that kind of lifestyle as a poser. They’re phonies. They’ve got a bunch of maxed out credit cards, no savings, and are barely getting by. They could live comfortably but want to display the appearance that they are wealthier than they actually are.
July 31, 2018
mumofsixbirds
It seems that there has been a bit of confusion with what's happening, but really. Not paying rent since January, and then being surprised by an eviction notice? I'm sure if she tried, she would have been able to find out who the property managers were, and send them the rent.

I've always been really concerned about keeping the roof over my head. Roof first, bills and utilities next, groceries and other stuff after that. It's not too difficult to prioritize things. Moo just needs to get her priorities straight, and make sure that the important things get done.

Also, if she hadn't been able to pay rent since January due to this confusion, there was plenty of time since then to start looking for another place to live. It's almost August, for God's sake. That's nearly eight months where she could have found another place to live, instead of keeping the money and facing this situation.

When I moved into my new home in 2016 I made sure before my stuff was in that I knew where the check needed to be sent. Ever since I have my bank set up to send a check to the rental office automatically. I've never missed a month's rent.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 31, 2018

Whitaker has also been unemployed for about two years, but has worked odd jobs cleaning houses or walking dogs. She cohabits the apartment with Will McLean, 29, and his daughter Lillyen, 10.

McLean is also out of work due to a disabled hand, he said. And he said he recently lost his savings due to a car accident in June. He said the accident was caused by a drunk driver, but the investigation is ongoing.

She’s struggled with poverty and homelessness in the past. Whitaker, who has no family in the area, said she and her first daughter stayed at the House of Hope in Lowell, Mass., about seven or eight years ago. She worries if she’s forced to stay in another shelter, they’ll have to get rid of their dog, Skylar.

She also wants to stay in the Hudson area because her and McLean’s kids are enrolled in special education programs, and she doesn’t want them to have to change programs.

Good lord. I want,, I want, gimmie, gimmie. She is LUCKY she has had a decent place to live, although it looks like they killed the grass with all the crap on the side of the house. I can imagine the interior. Why do destitute people especially with kids always have pets? Pets that need good nutrition, vet checkups and sometimes medicine and surgery.

They should all go back to Crapville, Massachusetts, where there is more assistance. NH don't play that. She just wants to live in a more upscale area with her poverty and have it funded for her by *someone*.

I'm sure the Go Fund Me is up and kaching-ing.
July 31, 2018
To clarify, it seems like they stopped paying any rent *eight months ago*.
($1,200 x 8 mths)= $9,600 (plus fees and interest)

They should have been trying to make contact with the correct property management company daily instead of other horseshit.
Since they are both unemployed, they had plenty of time to figure this out.
What exactly did they do with the rent money, if it is not in an account and ready to pay ?

If neither could pay, they had more than eight months to realize this and make several plans to fix that (ie a roomate who could pay, applying for welfare, unemployment, disability, child benefits, child support, apply for jobs, etc )
It took me less than 30 seconds to come up with some options.
July 31, 2018
mumofsixbirds
cfuter

And cell phones. Expensive looking ones. I am not poor, but even I can't justify the expense of a cell phone plan right now. Maybe if I get a job outside of the house, I might invest in it, but since I'm just a student at home, I don't see the point. If you don't have a job, how can you afford these things? I looked into getting one awhile back, and I found them to be a bit of a waste of money - for me, at least. My husband has an I Phone, but it's his work phone and it's paid for by his employer.

If you do decide you'd like to think about a phone....
I bought a $200 LG G2 in Jan. 2016 off of Ebay with free shipping. It was unlocked and in the package, sealed but it did take nearly a month to arrive from China. It has great specs. I also have a pay per go plan. Other than the phone, I spend less than $400 a year on my minutes. I only have wi-fi at home and no wi-fi outside of the home. I pay for text/calls only. Other than a road trip to a new area or when an Uber ride would have been really convenient I don't miss having use of a smart phone. I know people who spend $500 a month on shared phone plans and...yeah....no thanks!
July 31, 2018
I also have strange thoughts about all the car wrecks in this household!? Bears looking into. I even wondered at the first mention of her being the passenger in the first car, and supposedly saving the other woman. I thought, I wonder who was drunk/stoned/fighting? And then they start to tell of all (SO many!) accidents and disabilities!! Weird?
Yeah, and the massive tats--how damn much do they even COST??!!
July 31, 2018
blondie

Whitaker has also been unemployed for about two years, but has worked odd jobs cleaning houses or walking dogs. She cohabits the apartment with Will McLean, 29, and his daughter Lillyen, 10.

McLean is also out of work due to a disabled hand, he said. And he said he recently lost his savings due to a car accident in June. He said the accident was caused by a drunk driver, but the investigation is ongoing.

She’s struggled with poverty and homelessness in the past. Whitaker, who has no family in the area, said she and her first daughter stayed at the House of Hope in Lowell, Mass., about seven or eight years ago. She worries if she’s forced to stay in another shelter, they’ll have to get rid of their dog, Skylar.

She also wants to stay in the Hudson area because her and McLean’s kids are enrolled in special education programs, and she doesn’t want them to have to change programs.

Good lord. I want,, I want, gimmie, gimmie. She is LUCKY she has had a decent place to live, although it looks like they killed the grass with all the crap on the side of the house. I can imagine the interior. Why do destitute people especially with kids always have pets? Pets that need good nutrition, vet checkups and sometimes medicine and surgery.

They should all go back to Crapville, Massachusetts, where there is more assistance. NH don't play that. She just wants to live in a more upscale area with her poverty and have it funded for her by *someone*.

I'm sure the Go Fund Me is up and kaching-ing.

Exactly, that is why this article appears to have been written. And nothing is written about her being barred from working so it must be voluntary. She is a healthy 29 year old. EMTs save lives every day and I'd bet more than one of them is 29 and a parent. So if any person is deserving of a GFM for saving a life, being 29 and having kids it is an EMT who does this on a daily basis.

And how much money does she get for her daughter who is in special education? Or as child support? Because somehow she hasn't starved to death although she hasn't paid rent in 8 mos.

Once I lost my landlord's address in the confusion after the move, so I texted him and five minutes later I had the address. Sure, it was a bit embarrassing but it beats the humiliation of being late with rent.
July 31, 2018
StudioFiftyFour
JoJo

There are definitely wealthy folks out there who can afford the 4500 square foot home, the Lexus, the trips to the salon, and tuba lessons for Junior. However, I believe that there are more folks out there who are living that kind of lifestyle as a poser. They’re phonies. They’ve got a bunch of maxed out credit cards, no savings, and are barely getting by. They could live comfortably but want to display the appearance that they are wealthier than they actually are.

Watching the show Til Debt Do Us Part was an eye opening experience for me. And if I had to guess I wouldn't be surprised if the debt is even higher in the USA than Canada. The people on her show have more tricks/sneaky ways for getting into debt than you would believe. And many of them have been living beyond their means by thousands of dollars for 8 or more years. Some are over budget by more than $5000 a month! And this is with mostly medium and high incomes.
August 02, 2018
freya
mumofsixbirds
cfuter

If you do decide you'd like to think about a phone....
I bought a $200 LG G2 in Jan. 2016 off of Ebay with free shipping. It was unlocked and in the package, sealed but it did take nearly a month to arrive from China. It has great specs. I also have a pay per go plan. Other than the phone, I spend less than $400 a year on my minutes. I only have wi-fi at home and no wi-fi outside of the home. I pay for text/calls only. Other than a road trip to a new area or when an Uber ride would have been really convenient I don't miss having use of a smart phone. I know people who spend $500 a month on shared phone plans and...yeah....no thanks!

I have a Volt 2 smartphone. I paid nothing for it. A friend of a friend didn't like it when he got it and asked my friend to recycle it. I said I'll take it, and it was thus 'recycled'. I bought a case for it that makes it look like a little book. The plan I got for it is unlimited and at $50 per month is reasonable. The plan was cheaper than the $75 I was paying for my Jitterbug flip phone. Even though the plan's unlimited, I keep my data usage in check by doing updates and playing videos only when I have my wi-fi nearby.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 02, 2018
quiltergirl
Can't find a job in a state with the lowest unemployment rate in the nation and where employers are begging for workers.

I think it's more like they can't find a job that they want, which is the kind where they can sit on their ass and play Candy Crush on their phones all day, show up in their jammies, eat other people's lunches, get paid $200 an hour, and only show up one day a week and do no real work. So basically no job that exists anywhere.

cfuter

It's not even just tattoos either. Poor fuckers often live better than people with jobs! A couple of my friends are on welfare, not due to any sort of disability or because they don't make enough, but simply because they're too special to work like everyone else. They always have the latest and greatest technology the second it comes out - phones, laptops, stereos, TVs, gaming consoles, cameras, you name it. Meanwhile, my other friends who work full-time sometimes go without because a car repair means they can't buy groceries that month.

blondie
Why do destitute people especially with kids always have pets? Pets that need good nutrition, vet checkups and sometimes medicine and surgery.

A vast majority of people who get pets don't consider any of that because they probably don't plan on taking them to a vet for anything other than spaying/neutering and putting them down a decade later. Some don't even do that much. I have relatives who were too poor to afford the $200 vet visit to put a sick pet to sleep, so they just kept it at home to suffer and die slowly from whatever was wrong with it. I have other poor relatives who get a new cat and rehome it every single year. They bring home a cute kitten to play with, and then when the kitten gets older and becomes sexually mature and starts marking things or howling all night in heat, they toss it out the door instead of paying to get it altered and then go get a new kitten.

My old neighborhood was/is very poor and people there love to have cats, but they do not love spending money to fix them because that's money that could go toward beer and drugs. They also let their cats run all over the place outside because they don't want to have to buy litter, so of course the cats breed. They can get rid of the kittens easily enough because HEY cute kittens! But the adult cats just keep on reproducing until they get hit by cars or die of sickness.

Poor people will hoard pets because they don't plan on doing anything for them other than giving them food and water, maybe. They get to have what they seem to think is a cute interactive little toy that they feel doesn't have a high maintenance cost. It sucks, but unfortunately, you can only get people blacklisted from adopting animals through shelters. It's not hard to find someone giving away free puppies and kittens.

Also, can someone tell me why poor people are such slobs? They're poor, yet they often have houses and porches and yards so packed full of stupid shit that you can't move. I see this woman is no different, though I've seen much worse. I've never met someone who is poor who had a tidy living space. I don't mean like it's dirty, but just there's crap everywhere. Why do they have so much crap? No offense to anyone here who has a lower income, I'm just asking based on things I've seen personally.

“I didn’t even know where to send anything out,” she said.

So that's an excuse to just quit paying rent entirely? If it were that easy, no one would ever have to pay their bills ever again because they could just claim they didn't know where to send payment. She obviously has a mouth that works, so why not open it and call someone and ask where to send rent? Or is she too bizzy being a hero mom to do that?

Sounds like she's trying to tug someone's heart strings. Disabled partner, house full of tard kids who for whatever reason NEED to remain in their current sped program, she's a hero in case you forgot already, and they're all getting thrown out on the street for not paying rent for a few months. Ohhh woe is Moo! Give it time, someone will swoop in and start a GoFundMe for the poor Moo who has to face the consequences of her actions instead of getting to live someplace rent-free because she thought about someone other than herself for five seconds.
August 03, 2018
I'm not familiar with Hudson, but rent in New Hampshire as a whole is expensive. The only taxes here are property taxes, which makes everything property-related skyrocket.

I have a 40 min commute to work because I had to go that far from the city to find a studio I could afford. No dishwasher, no w/d hookups, I don't even have my own hot water heater. For the amount I'm paying per month i could be in a 2 bedroom with storage space and w/d included (I'm bitter about the w/d, lol) in the northwest. Closer to my job, a nice studio can cost $1000-$1400 a month. A room in a crackhouse downtown is around $500, a studio in the same crappy area (s mack dab in the middle of the opioid crisis) will be $750-$900. A friend of mine lives in the middle of nowhere next to Podunk, NH - his rent is going up from $800 to $1050.

Obviously there's a growing homelessness problem. It's NOT a great time to let the rent slide. If this bitch is (supposed to) pay $X per month for rent, any landlord knows they can boot her and charge $X+$200 for the next tenant.
August 03, 2018
I know a moo who is in hot water right now, her mother moved back from the Southwest. Moo and younger brother, plus 2 grand sprogs were in the same home. Grandma owns it, she is a very tidy woman. Mombie not so much, they make the place look like a bomb hit it. Don't even get me started about the brothers basement apartment, or what's left of it. She wants everyone out, because she can't stand the dump this once lovely house has become. And Mombie is also being audited by the IRS this month.

So its getting serious, Im the last person she knows who hasn't been busted by the cops or hasn't been alienated. So I get to hear the sob stories, I also refuse too take her calls now. I know her well enough to know she might try a guilt trip to let her and the sprogs move in with me.

My work is 30 minutes away, its enough to cover my bills. My rent went up only because my landlord likes and trusts me enough to have my pets.Though I have never had a vacation or any kind of super luxuries. I live like a hermit, I admit to being addicted to yard sales/flea markets/rummage sales. Almost everything I own is second hand, from my electronics to furniture, and art. I prefer it that way because not only is it cheaper for me. I like one of a kind things, it's one of the ways I like to express myself.
August 03, 2018
I do spend a fair bit on electronics; my computer and my cell phone plus services cost a fair bit. I don't spend on other areas of my life. In life, there are choices that have to be made. I can't work because of pain condition and severe mental illness. I am however good at managing my money.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 03, 2018
There's no such thing as a free ride. This situation is her fault, clearly. If she's currently not working, what was stopping her from getting the right information? She's at home all. Damn. Day.

Also, where did all her rent money go? Did she save it in the bank, or did she spend it? My bets are that she spent it on herself and her kids, because otherwise, she'd have NO problem using that money to secure another place to live.

She just thought she could get away with something, and when the shit finally hit the fan, she took to the interwebz to cry about it.

My sympathy meter is at negative five hundred. She's the adult in the household, supposedly, it's HER responsibility to make sure these things get done.
August 03, 2018
If she has special needs children she is definitely getting a check from the government along with all those sweet single parent bennies. Call a whambulence.
August 05, 2018
Whatever she did to pull someone out of a car has nothing whatsoever to do with her financial irresponsibility. And to report this irrelevant information is just irresponsible. It's such obvious bullshit from two simple facts:

First: If you can't pay a bill due to some clerical problem, you hang on to the money until you can, and then pay when it is sorted out. Your debts don't vanish just because you don't know how to pay them.

Second: It doesn't take 6+ months to sort out how to contact the landlord. Even if the property management changed, has she ever considered asking her neighbors, who presumably are managing to pay their rent?

Anything else she has to say is just excuses, excuses, and laziness.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login