Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Complete Lack of Empathy

Posted by catharsist 
Re: The Complete Lack of Empathy
August 21, 2018
yurble
If the situation isn't deliberate, for instance if someone becomes disabled after they already have children, I look at it differently than if they are just being irresponsible, in terms of assistance.

As do I. But one woman has a daughter with a major spinal issue that leaves in her wheelchair ridden for life, kid still lives at home at 25, they go on multiple out of state vacations a year (yes....they wheel her through downtown Chicago and Times Square New York, mulitiple times a year). Despite "not knowing where the money for our next vacation is coming from! Teehee!" And the kicker - the mom is an advocate for her daughter's right to bear as many children as possible - on a constant basis. I've also seen her call anyone who would abort a mentally retarded fetus a "murderer". Like....I'm not even sure the daughter could do it in most of the traditional positions, or has ever had a boyfriend before. The poor girl's in REALLY bad shape. But the mom is posting all the time "my grandkids and I are gonna do this and that when they arrive" and "this disease is known to skip a generation" and "if the grandkids are handicapped like us, we'll love her them much more!" The mom only has a mild case of whatever spinal issue left the daughter wheelchair ridden from day one. She paints herself as mother teresa but...I think she uses her daughter's tragic disability to treat herself, IMO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login