Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Younger man regrets "CL" marriage to older woman

Posted by cfdavep 
Younger man regrets "CL" marriage to older woman
August 06, 2018
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/i-chased-an-older-woman-for-a-long-time-and-we-got-married-but-now-she-s-70-1.3484202

This dude starts chasing a 40 year old woman when he was 22 because at that age in your mind you will be young and alive forever and ever and nothing will change. Woman is really not into this at the beginning, but lets him win her over. Fast forward 30 freaking years. The now 52 year old man wants out because it is the 11th hour for him to dump her, marry a younger woman and have that family he now regrets not having. Woman is now 70 and he wants her gone.

Dude was passionate in his twenties over this apparent soulmate, but soulmates get old like everyone else.
The woman NEVER should have gotten involved with his immature ass, but she probably thought he was her last chance and rolled the dice
Re: Younger man regrets "CL" marriage to older woman
August 06, 2018
That's sad. All those years with a person you love and then they act like you're a burden because you don't churn out some kids now that the wind has shifted? What a waste. That man doesn't need to be with anyone. If your "soulmate" is disposable then you don't have a real concept of love and need to just stay alone. Shameful waste of years. I feel bad for his "soulmate".
August 06, 2018
It's sad because she didn't really change dramatically, except to get older, which happens to all of us. He knew what he was getting into. But this sort of thing happens all the time, and not only when there is a large age difference in the relationship. Plenty of people hit a mid-life crisis and dump their contemporary spouse to chase after someone half their age.

He mentions kids, but he's just flailing about like everyone else who lacks character and uses it as shorthand for giving their lives meaning. It sounds like he used this relationship with someone more experienced as an excuse to avoid ever growing up and doing any thinking on his own, based on the fact that it took him until 50 to even think about if he wanted to have kids or not. I doubt he has any real interest in parenting.

I hope this asshole and his geriatric sperm wind up completely alone.
August 06, 2018
What a seriously selfish asshole.

I hope the 70 year old woman dumps him and runs fast and far and takes his money. (He mentioned that he has money.) He's a piece of crap who doesn't deserve a decent woman.
August 06, 2018
So I guess he's having a late midlife crisis? I don't know what the hell he expected. Of course she's going to be a different person at 70 compared to the kind of person he is at 52. But still, it sounds like much more than just a silly crush or a cougar fetish and that they were genuinely in love. To be fair, it doesn't seem like he comes out and says he no longer loves her - just that he's no longer attracted to her physically and wants to have kids that she obviously can't give him and probably wouldn't want to raise anyhow.

Still, it must hurt to know that this person spent three decades with her and is only now drifting from her because she dared to go and get old and not give him kids. I foresee him being one of those guys who has a 25-year-old girlfriend when he's 65 and has kids with them. If he has as much money as he lets on, this might not be all that difficult for him to do.

I wish the lady the best of luck. She deserves better than the likes of this shallow cunt.
August 16, 2018
Dude is waaay past the 11th hour grinning smiley I can't imagine wanting kids but even I know that if I wanted them, I wouldn't choose a 52-year-old as their dad. I'm sure it's not that he really wants children, it's just that wanting children is the only socially acceptable explanation for ending his marriage (just as it's the only acceptable explanation for not wanting to work, leaving work earlier, etc.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login