Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newsflash: children need supervison at the beach

Posted by yurble 
Newsflash: children need supervison at the beach
August 07, 2018
The Irish authorities would like to remind parents to stop looking at their cellphones and mind their children on the beach, after an increase in the number of cases of lost children and potential drownings. In other news, water is wet.
Re: Newsflash: children need supervison at the beach
August 07, 2018
Butbutbut, that's what all those OTHER people at the beach are for! To mind the free-range kids while their actual handlers fuck off on their phones the entire time. Get it together, Ireland! eye rolling smiley

I love that we live in a world where parents actually have to be reminded to do their jobs in order to keep their kids from getting hurt or dying. I can't wait to see how things go when the current generation of kids grows up and has kids of their own!

Or maybe these parents are all just making attempts at PNAs. Neglect your kid long enough in public and he'll go find a way to off himself and save you the trouble, especially when there's a huge amount of water nearby.
August 07, 2018
Theyve made pools into "attractive nuisance" maybe now the ocean will be an "attractive nuisance"

For those who don't know an attractive nuisance is something on your property (like a swimming pool, horses, wells, trampolines etc) that may attract neighborhood children and if they trespass on your property and get hurt then you are liable by law
August 07, 2018
Yeah, no attractive nuisances on my property, but I've had sprogs and moos trespass on my property before. Just walking around because it's so interesting out there, I guess. I always chase them away.
August 07, 2018
I find it interesting that the US both has attractive nuisance laws yet also many places allow trespassers to be shot. How can these two opposing concepts of liability co-exist?
August 07, 2018
yurble
I find it interesting that the US both has attractive nuisance laws yet also many places allow trespassers to be shot. How can these two opposing concepts of liability co-exist?

CUZ ONES GOT GUNZ!

(I'm not being facetious, I think that's the reason. You have a right to bear arms but a jacuzzi notsomuch. I wish the reverse was true.)
August 07, 2018
yes, we had a LOVELY quarry/lake with a beach near here for decades. Then one of the breeders let their kid drown there and the lawsuits cost so much that the place has closed and stood empty for almost 10 years now. No swimming in real, non-chlorinated water for US anymore!!
August 08, 2018
catharsist

(I'm not being facetious, I think that's the reason. You have a right to bear arms but a jacuzzi notsomuch. I wish the reverse was true.)

The right to a bare jacuzzi works for me winking smiley

So the answer is to surround your swimming pool with motion-triggered shotguns?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login