Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Japanese medical school discrimination against women, because "babies"

Posted by yurble 
Japanese medical school discrimination against women, because "babies"
August 10, 2018
Another day, another example of women getting screwed over because "they're just going to quit their careers and have babies anyway." A Japanese medical school has admitted to lowering all test scores by 20%, then giving male candidates an extra 20 points. They've been doing it since 2006 and it is suspected that other universities in Japan are doing the same. The birthrate in Japan stands at 1.4 (and in Tokyo, where this took place, it is 1.1), so it's more a case of them wishing women would quit working and go have babies.

The investigation found that in this year’s entrance exams the school reduced all applicants’ first-stage test scores by 20% and then added at least 20 points for male applicants, except those who had previously failed the test at least four times. It said similar manipulations had occurred for years because the school wanted fewer female doctors since it anticipated they would shorten or halt their careers after becoming mothers.
Yeah, as much as I love Japan, there's no denying that they're unbelievably sexist. One of their politicians came out and said single women were a drain on the state, while another one said that LGBT+ couples are unproductive.

Strangely enough, they're also responsible for forced sterilization of 16,500 women with mental illness or disability, under the guise of not producing 'inferior children'.

Now that their birthrate is declining they've probably realized they've shot themselves in the foot, because it's likely that a decent number of those women would've gone on to have kids - now the government is facing 4 lawsuits that I know of.
Re: Japanese medical school discrimination against women, because "babies"
August 10, 2018
lurker-derp
Yeah, as much as I love Japan, there's no denying that they're unbelievably sexist. One of their politicians came out and said single women were a drain on the state, while another one said that LGBT+ couples are unproductive.

Women look at the shit sandwich society is offering them and say no thanks to a heaping topping of cunt work that comes from having kids.
Men in government freak out about women not having kids and can't imagine why they don't want to.
Same men also believe women are naturally illogical.

Hmm.
yurble
lurker-derp

Women look at the shit sandwich society is offering them and say no thanks to a heaping topping of cunt work that comes from having kids.
Men in government freak out about women not having kids and can't imagine why they don't want to.
Same men also believe women are naturally illogical.

Hmm.

I really hope that they just chose a bunch of shit doctors to join the field. If you HAVE to lower the scores of women AND add points to the men, your crop isn't looking too good. I hope they suck as bad as this is implying. That would help lessen the population more.
Note to self: don't seek medical care in Japan.
Like it's been pointed out before, East Asian women are starting to forego marriage and babies because they get the shit end of the stick. They have to take care of the babies, husbands, and elderly parents. If they want women to continue having babies, men are going to have to step up and the elderly need to figure out a retirement plan that isn't "Daughter/Daughter-In-Law is our free geriatric nurse."

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 11, 2018
paragon schnitzophonic
Like it's been pointed out before, East Asian women are starting to forego marriage and babies because they get the shit end of the stick. They have to take care of the babies, husbands, and elderly parents. If they want women to continue having babies, men are going to have to step up and the elderly need to figure out a retirement plan that isn't "Daughter/Daughter-In-Law is our free geriatric nurse."

So happy to hear they are waking up and saying no. That common view (daughter/daughter in law becomes free geriatric nurse) needs to die out.

Reason for having kids: Want someone to take care of me in my old age: Fear of Age. Exploitative personality. Save money and prepare for retirement. Be nice to people so they will visit you in the home.

Reasons for having kids only prove the wanna-be breeders are mental:
http://www.vhemt.org/whybreed.pdf
freya
paragon schnitzophonic

So happy to hear they are waking up and saying no. That common view (daughter/daughter in law becomes free geriatric nurse) needs to die out.

China is about shitting itself because already there are so few women for every male thanks to their One Child policy and their male-favoring society, but now many women are slowly starting to wake up and go, "Fuck it, I'm getting a poodle."

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 12, 2018
paragon schnitzophonic
Like it's been pointed out before, East Asian women are starting to forego marriage and babies because they get the shit end of the stick. They have to take care of the babies, husbands, and elderly parents.

And work, which in most of the countries we're talking about involves brutally long hours. Modernity has involved adding paid employment to their responsibilities without any diminution of expectations in the household. I guess it wasn't realized that once women had careers and a larger sphere of experience they would be more aware of alternatives to having children, and with the overwork culture many are simply incapable of shouldering all domestic duties on top of employment, even if they wanted to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login