Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids at yard sales and stuff (rude parunts)

Posted by starlady 
Kids at yard sales and stuff (rude parunts)
August 11, 2018
My street is having a community sale today. Mine is set up in my garage because it's jewelry and little stuff like wallets, frames, and other accessories. (I sell used refurbished costume jewelry as a side job in the summer)

So.. anyhow... some grand moo comes up my drive with a kyd about 3 or 4 and askes if I have any 'boy toys' cause that's why she goes to sales (to spoil her grand sprog with toys) So the kyd comes behind my table and acutally shoves his truck in my face and hits my cheek with it...kinda hard. I told the kyd that he needed to stay on the other side of the table. Grand moo says "he was just trying to show you his truck. So she grabed him and they left.. but before she left she said "have a good day and you better learn to be kinder to childrun'

I wasn't mean. I just don't like toys hitting me in the face. I was nice when I asked him to stay on the other side of the table. Stupid grandmoo. She just left the street and it doesn't look like she found one 'boy toy.' Kyd was saying 'NO TOYS?' as they got in the car. LOL
Re: Kids at yard sales and stuff (rude parunts)
August 11, 2018
If he uses a wrong-gendered toy it might suppress his testosterone and then he'd stop hitting people with toys, and we can't have that!
August 11, 2018
How was telling the kid to stay on the other side of the table rude? If the grandmo had any sense of responsibility she would have said this to him. One more kid that won't learn any sense of boundaries.
August 11, 2018
Good for you. Little shit needs to learn some boundaries, and this Villager thinks you were in the right.
August 11, 2018
I don't have an edit button, and I have little patience outside of work for people who think they own the world and my personal space. I would have called that twat out quite loudly. "And you need to teach your children how to follow rules on other people's property. Or he's gonna go to jail one day for assault."
August 12, 2018
demonkitten
I don't have an edit button, and I have little patience outside of work for people who think they own the world and my personal space. I would have called that twat out quite loudly. "And you need to teach your children how to follow rules on other people's property. Or he's gonna go to jail one day for assault."

Exactly what my hubby said when I told him about it.. well.. maybe not the jail part... but pretty close. Took me a minute for what she said to sink in. She did not know me or know if I was CF or if I had 10 kyds or something.. or a string of grand kyds of my own. That was rude all the way around.

Then there was the woman who came up to the table while I was holding my older dog (oh I have a new puppy btw) My dog is only 12 lbs but the woman actually said "oh,,it's not going to growl and bite me is it?" She was serious … and I was not about to put the dog down or get it near her. If she she was afraid then I would not let my dog invade her space. It's what you call... consideration and manners... like my parents taught me.
August 12, 2018
starlady
Then there was the woman who came up to the table while I was holding my older dog (oh I have a new puppy btw) My dog is only 12 lbs but the woman actually said "oh,,it's not going to growl and bite me is it?" She was serious … and I was not about to put the dog down or get it near her. If she she was afraid then I would not let my dog invade her space. It's what you call... consideration and manners... like my parents taught me.

As someone who is VERY afraid of strange dogs because I've been bit by so many, I would have had a similar reaction. I may not have said what the woman said, but I will tell you this: the worst biters I have encountered are the small dogs, especially terriers. With her comment, she was effectively telling you that she was afraid of dogs. I don't find anything rude about her comment. Frankly, there are way too many dog owners who think everyone loves dogs and have no consideration and manners. It's hard to tell the difference between those who do and those who don't.
August 12, 2018
I am as put off by toadlers as you are of small dogs. It's a space invading thing and the feel of their touch or something. However... I can guarantee that my poodles are gentle and very well socialized. Unless someone would put their hands on ME personally.. there would be nothing to worry about. I did put the dog inside (respect again) while she was here. It is respect we are talking about here. I have never been afraid of any animal .. cautious and respectful... but not afraid. Toadlers make me cringe though. LOL I am respectful of them by backing away. If their handlers have a problem with that... tough noogies.
August 12, 2018
You'd 'better' learn to be kinder to children? What a nasty old cow. How about if she teaches her brat some manners?

If she she was afraid then I would not let my dog invade her space. It's what you call... consideration and manners... like my parents taught me.

Our dog went to dog heaven a couple of years ago, but I occasionally babysit a friend's dog. My dog was a large dog (lab) and my friend has a lab. When I'm walking the dog, I have control of the dog. I never allow my dog to sniff someone unless they ask to pet the dog. I often go to the side of the path and let people walk by.

I'm a dog lover but I can't stand bratty dogs any more than I can stand bratty kids. I don't like to go to people's houses where their dogs are constantly jumping over you. Biting is unacceptable. DH's aunt seems to always have bratty small dog that bites people, growls at people, and isn't potty trained. Totally the owner's fault. If you are going to have a dog you need to put in the time and effort to train the dog.
August 12, 2018
bell_flower
You'd 'better' learn to be kinder to children? What a nasty old cow. How about if she teaches her brat some manners?

If she she was afraid then I would not let my dog invade her space. It's what you call... consideration and manners... like my parents taught me.

Our dog went to dog heaven a couple of years ago, but I occasionally babysit a friend's dog. My dog was a large dog (lab) and my friend has a lab. When I'm walking the dog, I have control of the dog. I never allow my dog to sniff someone unless they ask to pet the dog. I often go to the side of the path and let people walk by.

I'm a dog lover but I can't stand bratty dogs any more than I can stand bratty kids. I don't like to go to people's houses where their dogs are constantly jumping over you. Biting is unacceptable. DH's aunt seems to always have bratty small dog that bites people, growls at people, and isn't potty trained. Totally the owner's fault. If you are going to have a dog you need to put in the time and effort to train the dog.

Yep! I have seen so much of this. This is why there are so many 'no pets' signs and why responsible pet owners can't take their pets on some beaches or in parks or on trails. Makes it hard when people travel with their pets. There are untrained dogs out there... but more often.. pets who's owners really care and love them are better behaved then kyds. Poodles get a bad rap for being yippy and nippy but I can tell you.. in the 40+ years I have owned them... I have not had this problem. I train the heck out of them and discipline when they are wrong. Works on all kyds… furry or human. Guess this is the point of this thread. LOL
August 12, 2018
bell_flower
Totally the owner's fault. If you are going to have a dog you need to put in the time and effort to train the dog.

This is 100% true. My sister has owned several Scottish Terriers over the years, and has two right now. While the breed is charming looking, very intelligent, and has an amazing sense of humor, they are naturally very aggressive-- which is not surprising, considering they were bred specifically to burrow into the ground and kill other animals. They're known in Scottie circles as "death from the ankles down," and there are memes about how dangerous it is to touch their paws. They will "adopt" a single person in the family and attack anyone they see as a threat, or someone to be jealous over. And they have the equivalent bite of a German Shepherd. They are fierce and most have very dominant personalities.

So my sister has educated herself about the breed and socialization, and she works with them every day to keep them socialized. As a result, she has very well behaved and sweet dogs. You can touch their paws all day long-- they won't like it, but they'll let you do it. She had a groomer who would not take any Scotties as clients except my sister's.

But my sister has put enormous effort into training her dogs and learning what she needs to know to take care of them. Too many people aren't willing to go to that kind of effort to learn or train, either with their pets or with their kids. Then they either deny there's a problem at all, punish the dog for acting like a dog, or expect the rest of the world to tolerate their brats' misbehavior because "they're just children."

Sorry for the rant. smiling smiley
August 12, 2018
yurble
If he uses a wrong-gendered toy it might suppress his testosterone and then he'd stop hitting people with toys, and we can't have that!

Did you just assume that toy's gender? ROFL! bouncing and laughing

(I'm trans, I'm not bashing. LOL!)

But honestly that IS how parents act about their kids and their toys. If it isn't saturated in pink, little ashleighleeey can't have it or she will grow a penis. A little boy can't have an easy bake without turning into the cast of queer-eye. It's really stupid, they're just toys! I played with hot wheels as a girl-child and I turned out fine. Don't tell the fundies though, they don't consider transgender "fine". ROFL!
August 12, 2018
catharsist
yurble

But honestly that IS how parents act about their kids and their toys. If it isn't saturated in pink, little ashleighleeey can't have it or she will grow a penis. A little boy can't have an easy bake without turning into the cast of queer-eye. It's really stupid, they're just toys! I played with hot wheels as a girl-child and I turned out fine. Don't tell the fundies though, they don't consider transgender "fine". ROFL!

This so much! I had a huge case of Hot Wheels and a neat foldable car garage set when I was a kid. It was my favorite toy, but one day my mom came into my room and just took it all away from me. I couldn't understand, I used it and I liked it why couldn't I keep it. Her response was it wasn't a girl's toy and I was too old for it now. I think I was 8 or 9. I was extremely unhappy, but I managed to let her let me keep a couple favorite cars. After that it was all boring Barbies and baby dolls.
August 13, 2018
I overheard a grandmoo at the dollar store asking her friend (regarding a baby hat) "but is this a boy's hat or a girl's. I wouldn't want to buy little Magnum a girl hat!" I couldn't help myself, so I said "I don't think his little nuggets will shrink if he wears the wrong color hat as a baby!". You should have seen the shocked looks!
August 13, 2018
catharsist

The gendering of children seems so much stricter than when I was a child. I had Lego and toy cars, played in the woods, wore various shades of earth tones (it was the 70s) and almost never wore a dress. Nobody really worried if a girl was a 'tomboy', although I wasn't exactly one because I was far too bookish and quiet.

I think I turned out fine, although some breeders would dispute that. I've heard I'm not a real woman because I am CF and dislike babies. It sort of makes you wonder what gender they think I am, since they only recognize two. Non-human alien? Diabolical demon?

demonkitten
This so much! I had a huge case of Hot Wheels and a neat foldable car garage set when I was a kid. It was my favorite toy, but one day my mom came into my room and just took it all away from me. I couldn't understand, I used it and I liked it why couldn't I keep it. Her response was it wasn't a girl's toy and I was too old for it now. I think I was 8 or 9. I was extremely unhappy, but I managed to let her let me keep a couple favorite cars. After that it was all boring Barbies and baby dolls.

That's sad. sad smiley I'm glad my parents were less fixated on gender roles.
August 13, 2018
I told my parents I was a boy until I was about 4 and definitely didn't do any "gender appropriate" games or toys. And even at that age you couldn't get me to do anything I didn't want to, so buy me a "gender appropriate" doll and it will get stuffed into a corner or under the bed. Play with the doll in front of me and I would just stare at you. I picked out my own clothes and they were all primary colors, except for the holiday/picture dresses I was forced to wear. My parents thought I was funnier than a riot. And I was almost 2 before I had any hair. Toys were okay when I was young and when the weather was bad but otherwise let me play pretend or outside.

I inherited a tiny motorcycle (plastic, not real) and freaking loved it.

I really don't think there are "gender" toys, it is the parents that are so overly concerned about nothing. Just let kids enjoy what they want as long as it is safe.

When I buy baby gifts (rare, as I'm past that age where everyone is having their first baybee) I absolutely refuse anything that could be labeled "gender." Clothing is usually yellow and green and no stupid gender phrases on the clothing. No stupid phrases at all. Parents are so neurotic about ugly baybeez and their gender with their legible clothing announcing it is a boy or girl. A baby boy doesn't need to wear sports clothing in every photo and a baby girl doesn't need to have their earliest memory be playing with stupid dolls. They all look the same and who cares what gender they are, it isn't as if a baybee will have to understand which bathroom to walk into or even how to go to the bathroom.
August 13, 2018
sort of reminds me years ago I bought a nice bicycle at a yard sale. 12 speed for around 25 dollars. happened to be a mens style (womens style is a hangover from the era of long and large skirts). My ex actually bitched at me 'why didn't you get a gurlz bike'). Could be a total jackass at times.
I think I educated him as to the reason for 'gurlz bikes'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 13, 2018
demonkitten
catharsist
yurble

I'm sorry that happened, Yurble. Gender policing always sucks because it makes no damned sense. Nothing bad would happen to anyone if they just played with the toys they wanted! What I don't get is that if I had a child I would let them play with hat they wanted because not only would I not care, but a child's choice of playtime shows a lot about their character and their personality, both things I would imagine that parents would want to build data on. I mean, children aren't necessarily "tabula rasa" situations. They are a separate person that someone has to get to know. That's good learning fodder for parents! Why pervert it with meddling? I guess that's the scientist in me. For example, my choice of toy definitely showed my child free colors early. Story time!

At my first birthday party, I was gifted a baby doll. They had me sit down and they wheeled it out like it was a huge surprise. According to my mother, I stared blankly at it, silently approached the doll, grabbed it by its "poor little head" and threw it over my shoulder. I pointed my little finder at my mother and shook it saying "no babies" and plopped my fat little ass in the stroller it came with like "thanks for the stroller". Point made I guess, they didn't buy me a single other baby doll. I'm still the same way! When I told my mother that I wasn't into having kids she was like "I didn't think so" and then she told me this story, we laughed out asses off.
August 13, 2018
twocents
sort of reminds me years ago I bought a nice bicycle at a yard sale. 12 speed for around 25 dollars. happened to be a mens style (womens style is a hangover from the era of long and large skirts). My ex actually bitched at me 'why didn't you get a gurlz bike'). Could be a total jackass at times.
I think I educated him as to the reason for 'gurlz bikes'.

I'm glad both styles are made. I prefer a women's style because I'm short and it is easier for me to get on/off the bike quickly. Plus where I live a bicycle is regular transportation, so I do sometimes ride with a maxi dress in the summer. I've also observed that it is handier for older people with stiff hip joints. But I think it is silly to insist on a matching-gender bike; my ex got himself a woman's style because it was on sale.
August 13, 2018
catharsist
demonkitten

I'm sorry that happened, Yurble.

You've got the wrong person - that was demonkitten. My parents were quite against gendered toys.
August 14, 2018
Crotchford definitely needs to be taught boundaries.

Who knows what kind of germ were on his damn toy truck when he smacked you in the face with it?

I'm sorry you had to deal with the little maggot like that, sounds like GrandMoo spoils him rotten enough.
August 16, 2018
yurble
catharsist
demonkitten

I'm sorry that happened, Yurble.

You've got the wrong person - that was demonkitten. My parents were quite against gendered toys.

OOPS! Shit, I'm sorry! Sorry Demonkitten!
August 16, 2018
This could have been a perfect 'Teachable Moment' for Shitford, but obviously, Grandmoo is way too stupid and lazy to take advantage of it. She should have had him apologize to you for hitting you with the truck, and told him that he has to stay on his side of the table. If I were her, I then would've put the toy back, and walked away. Obviously, all that was too much 'haaaarrrd work' and she decided to take the easy way out by blaming you for trying to set some boundaries.

I've had similar shit happen to me by random idiots in stores and such, and when it is a brat that is in the wrong, the parents get mad at ME for not fucking fawning all over the brat. No, sorry, people. If your fucking brat does something stupid that hurts someone else, you owe an apology to the person who's been injured, and you owe it to your BRAT to teach it how to behave, so that when it becomes an adult, it will have some understanding about what's right and wrong, and what is acceptable in society.
August 17, 2018
." If I were her, I then would've put the toy back, and walked away. "

She had already bought him the truck at another sale. I also saw him shove it in the face of my neighbor across the street. She is more tolerant then I am. LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login