Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Single moo fails to find rich partner for fourth child entirely due to lying dating agency

Posted by yurble 
Single moo with three children, 42 at the time, seeking wealthy man to father third, is upset when dating agency pretends they have lots of suitable matches for her. The judge sided with her that the company misrepresented itself, but also found her guilty of libel.

But one has to wonder what she was expecting, at that age and with three kids in tow. No matter how many men are listed with the agency, and despite the £12,600 cost of signing up, she had to be pretty daft to think a “sophisticated gentleman”, ideally employed in the finance industry leading a “wealthy lifestyle” and “open to traveling internationally” wound be keen to match with her and rush to have a child.
I can't imagine any dating service having any men suitable for this woman. She (Burki) wants sperm and a really big wallet, enough to not only support her and her 3 kids but to have a 4th one with her! What wealthy man in his right mind would go for that deal?

Here is how the judge awarded damages to each side (from the article):

"The judge awarded her £12,600 damages for deceit and £500 for distress. He awarded Seventy Thirty £5,000 for libel relating to an April 2016 Google review by Burki."

This nets out to, if my math is correct, £8,100 to Burki (12,600 + 500 - 5,000). I kinda wish the damages perfectly offset each other so nobody would get a dime from the other. Both sides are sleazy and deserve each other.
deegee
This nets out to, if my math is correct, £8,100 to Burki (12,600 + 500 - 5,000). I kinda wish the damages perfectly offset each other so nobody would get a dime from the other.

Another way to look at it: she paid £12,600 for the service, so all she was getting was a refund and a small sum in damages, probably because the judge figured her requirements were so high she was bound to be disappointed even if she hadn't been defrauded. However, due to her libel, she's out of the pocket £4,500.

deegee
Both sides are sleazy and deserve each other.

Both sides have a very inflated sense of what they are worth.
So she wanted a man who is rich, intelligent, good-looking (presumably), loves kids, AND is on a dating site since he can't find a woman anywhere, AND wants a 42-year-old with 3 kids. Seriously, what did she expect, that there will be thousands of them?
I doubt that such a man would be trolling dating sites in the first place. He wouldn't have to. Her expectations are way too high. Unless she has something really spectacular to bring to the table, she can forget about it. Her age, the fact that she has three kids, and that she just wants to snag a wallet to produce another child with, would send most guys running.

I'm glad she had to pay a little bit back for a libelous review that she wrote about the dating service itself. I've gone on review sites to check out restaurants and such, and one amazing restaurant that my husband and I go to for our anniversary (we got married there), was slammed because it isn't kid friendly. So fucking what? The food, service and ambiance can't be topped. The very fact that they aren't loaf-friendly, just makes it that much better.

As for this cow? She's never going to find what she's looking for. I think the judge realized that. She's a gold-digging sperm hunter, and that alone makes her unfavorable. It seems that she's more interested in serving herself, rather than finding a good relationship.
She's read too many Harlequin novels. A wealthy, good-looking man that is willing to take a 42-year old woman with three kids is damn near a unicorn. And those that are out there are not on dating sites because they likely have an endless line of women available.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
I'm wondering how she came up with the huge sum to go on the dating site, with being a single mahm and all. Somehow I doubt there is a single man (out of the hundred that seem to be clients) that is begging for a single mahm over 40. If a wealthy guy has kids and is single he'd likely spend the money on a nanny (rather than a dating service) and then date whoever he wants. But then again, never known anyone who has spent this amount of money on a dating service.
freya
I'm wondering how she came up with the huge sum to go on the dating site, with being a single mahm and all.

I'm thinking maybe divorce settlement. Her first husband might have been well-off and she probably never did much with her life, which would be why she has the impression that she can order a wealthy guy off the menu. The difference, of course, was that with her first husband she was young and unencumbered with children, and might have had a personality.

It's too large a sum to just take out of a regular salary, and somehow I don't see anyone who considers the price of that dating service reasonable to be the sort who saves up for things. Spending a lump sum "windfall" on the "investment" of wallet hunting is common enough, although most are more downscale and drop a smaller, but equally disproportionate sum on nails, makeup, hair and clothes. The only difference is most have lower standards and continually drop them, thus making it almost inevitable that they acquire another baby but no long-term wallet.
mumofsixbirds
I doubt that such a man would be trolling dating sites in the first place. He wouldn't have to. Her expectations are way too high. Unless she has something really spectacular to bring to the table, she can forget about it. Her age, the fact that she has three kids, and that she just wants to snag a wallet to produce another child with, would send most guys running.

I wonder if she tried to spin it as looking for lurve...I doubt anyone bought that. It's pretty clear that she went with such an expensive dating site in an attempt to land a rich man. Yet somehow I don't think rich men are actively looking for gold-diggers. I would expect most wealthy people just hang out at expensive places instead of dating sites, but if they did join a site, the only reason they would join such a costly one would be to weed out people who can't afford it. And while she may have been able to afford the entry fee, it wouldn't take long for a potential match to discover that she can't maintain that kind of life.

Because if she were wealthy and wanted another baby when pushing 45 (given time for the relationship to develop), she would be a lot less picky about a potential partner's income when it came to finding love.
yurble
freya
I'm wondering how she came up with the huge sum to go on the dating site, with being a single mahm and all.

I'm thinking maybe divorce settlement. Her first husband might have been well-off and she probably never did much with her life, which would be why she has the impression that she can order a wealthy guy off the menu. The difference, of course, was that with her first husband she was young and unencumbered with children, and might have had a personality.

It's too large a sum to just take out of a regular salary, and somehow I don't see anyone who considers the price of that dating service reasonable to be the sort who saves up for things.

I think you're absolutely right yurble. It was someone else's money. It is too large to take out of a regular salary and this is a single mahm with 3 kids so chances are they have way more wants and needs than funding.
yurble
I wonder if she tried to spin it as looking for lurve...I doubt anyone bought that. It's pretty clear that she went with such an expensive dating site in an attempt to land a rich man. Yet somehow I don't think rich men are actively looking for gold-diggers.

Assuming she would attract men her age or older, most men that age who want kids want a younger woman who doesn't have kids. A wealthy man her age or older who hasn't had kids and isn't looking for marriage and kids likely has had a vasectomy so he doesn't become an unwilling father. I think her only hopes are to lower her standards for a man around her age or to find a younger man who has money, is utterly clueless and she takes advantage of him.
freya
I think her only hopes are to lower her standards for a man around her age or to find a younger man who has money, is utterly clueless and she takes advantage of him.

I agree that men her age most likely know what they want, and if it is kids they're looking for younger women. But I don't think she's going to find a clueless wealthy younger guy. The only people that stupid with money are heirs, and with hereditary wealth they've been herded all their lives by their families toward the kind of places where they're unlikely to meet someone like her. And if they do fall for a gold digger, it's probably going to be the sort who is young and unencumbered.

So she's looking for someone even more specific than young, rich and dumb. You have to toss in some mommy issues and a savior complex. The dating site could have had 1,000,000 men on their books and there still wouldn't have been someone matching her requirements, because for every such guy that exists, there are thousands of women who would want him.

Now that she's 48 I guess she can't drop the 'rich' requirement, since she's going to need the money for IVF.

What she wanted was a “sophisticated gentleman”, ideally employed in the finance industry. It was important that he should lead a “wealthy lifestyle” and be “open to travelling internationally”.

Her most important requirement was a willingness to have more children since she had always wanted four. Burki was encouraged by what she read about Seventy Thirty and eventually signed up, paying £12,600.

Yeah, she might be able to find that if she had no kids and was a 10 in the looks department (and probably in her twenties too). Pushing 50, a gaggle of brats and wanting more? No guy would want to be near such a hot mess. I don't even think the desperate ones would agree to be part of that. I can also only imagine she wants a man with no kids of his own so he can devote all his time and money to her brats and not to anyone else's. And I'm sure he needs to look like a movie star too. Can't be seen with someone who looks like a sideshow attraction, money or no money.

Moo needs to go beyond lowering her standards - she has to pretty much take her standards out back and shoot them. Any man who is her age, rich, and an international traveler is almost certainly already taken, and if he's not, it's probably because he's a piece of shit who is so awful that money can't even make him tolerable.

I'd love to see a picture of this woman. I'd wager she's uglier than a sack of assholes who looks 15 years older than her actual age in the worst possible ways. And given how picky she's being about a mate, I'm sure she's not someone whose company you'd like to share. Sounds like she wants a combination sugar daddy/baby daddy, which she might feasibly be able to get if she were half her age and didn't have brats. This agency can't work miracles, no matter how much money she throws at them.
Cambion
I'd love to see a picture of this woman. I'd wager she's uglier than a sack of assholes who looks 15 years older than her actual age in the worst possible ways. And given how picky she's being about a mate, I'm sure she's not someone whose company you'd like to share. Sounds like she wants a combination sugar daddy/baby daddy, which she might feasibly be able to get if she were half her age and didn't have brats. This agency can't work miracles, no matter how much money she throws at them.

https: //cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/750x445/979559.jpg (remove space and paste)

Not that bad for almost 50, but not the face of a trophy wife. And no matter what she looks like, there's still her personality.
Well, she's not ugly, but she's not going to find what she's looking for.
You're right, she looks pretty good, but she would have to be dynamite company to even have a chance at landing the kind of guy she's looking for. And she'd probably have to lose the kids too. If she wanted to bag a rich dude, she'd probably have to find a brain-dead heir who didn't earn his money, but inherited it. Still, even dumb guys who have family wealth aren't going to settle for single Moos. I'm sure they know the reason any woman would have an interest in them is their money, so they're gonna aim for the barely legal girls, not middle aged women with baggage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login