Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Say it isn't so

Posted by cfdavep 
Say it isn't so
August 23, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/working-mom-opens-difficulty-heres-mombias-real-165639255.html

Presenting the #momstoo movement
Re: Say it isn't so
August 23, 2018
Ain't Life a birch...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 23, 2018
This is absolutely a slap in the face to every woman who's been sexually assaulted. The #metoo movement was all about choices being forcibly taken from women. Every moo makes a choice to have a child, and every working moo makes a choice to try to have a job, too. It is the exact opposite of everything the #metoo movement is about.

Happily, I read a few of the comments at that link and the readers are having none of her bullshit.
August 23, 2018
Moos need to get the hell over themselves. They want it all, but nobody can have everything without sacrificing something.

Trying to start a hashtag twitter group is an insulting comparison to the MeToo movement. They want to be paid equally for less work. Sorry, it doesn't fly like that.
August 23, 2018
I came here just to post that article.

WTF they never stop.

What is it that they really want? a two hour work day and work from home options?

Plus, they make it hard on themselves. Driving kids everywhere, playdates instead of letting kids play, too many activities, of which they taxi kids to, having more and more kids. Except some divorced moms at work, it seems most all have fucking 3 kids. If it is SO damn hard, why not stop at two, or better yet one?
August 23, 2018
cfuter
WTF they never stop.

What is it that they really want? a two hour work day and work from home options?

Plus, they make it hard on themselves. Driving kids everywhere, playdates instead of letting kids play, too many activities, of which they taxi kids to, having more and more kids. Except some divorced moms at work, it seems most all have fucking 3 kids. If it is SO damn hard, why not stop at two, or better yet one?

Or better yet, none, if they want to devote themselves to a career. Or have a stay-at-home dad. Or a nanny.

As for what they want, yes, they want to work however many hours a week they feel like, and get paid a large enough salary to support as many children as they choose to have. They want the promotions and raises at work that others earn, but without having to work as many hours for it. They want every employer to value their children above all else.

They "want it all," but they don't want to have to work for it.

Frankly if I were set on having kids and a career, I'd demand a partner for myself who would be willing to stay home and take care of the children. Thank goodness I hate kids and don't have to worry about it. winking smiley
August 23, 2018
1. So she woke up at 5 a.m. to take care of the child she chose to have. Does she want a ticker tape parade or a medal? And where is the Dud? Did she have a kid without one? Her choice and her fault.

2. #Momstoo is absolutely insulting for all the reasons kittehpeoples wrote.

The wage gap between women with kids and without widens with every additional child, according to the research. Women with one child, for example, earn 14 percent less than their childless counterparts — even when controlling for their education level. Women with two children earn 18 percent less, and women with three or more earn 24 percent less.

But pay isn’t the only thing docked when women become mothers. Myriad studies in the past decade have shown that employers view mothers as “less competent” than their childless peers overall.

As women have more children, they are generally less available to devote hours to a job. (Unless the Dud or a family member or a nanny is the primary caretaker.) Women without children or anyone else who is working more hours should be making more money. Why is this so hard to understand?

I don't know where HBR is getting all these results. Maybe it's because I work in the public sector, and am living under government-legislated values, but I CANNOT WAIT to depart the workforce. In almost 40 years I've been crapped on and heard it all. I've been told

I don't need to make as much as people with families and I don't "need" to be promoted as much as someone with kids

Parents should have preferential treatment when it comes to taking vacations (fuck no, it should be first come, first served)

I shouldn't take vacation during the Summer because parunts need that time

That FMLA (U.S. law where you can take up to six months leave without pay for an illness for self or family member) may be written to include family members, but if you don't have children, you arent' really a family. (I took that one up the chain and was branded a "troublemaker" when I used it to take care of a parent. Yeah, I was a troublemaker because I elected to take a benefit.)

Parents are allowed to skip out for any child related reason, including fallout of clumps that didnt' take, but dawG forbid that I'm sick myself or I have a sick animal or a sick family member or really need to attend to any personal business. I have no children, therefore I apparently have no life.

I can't wait to GTFO of the workforce which is becoming more stupid and more Breederific each day.
August 23, 2018
Plenty of non-moos wake up at 5 a.m. It isn't a hardship.

I once lost my job to a cow on mooternity leave. I wasn't hired as temporary to replace her either. They eliminated one position in my department and since I had the least seniority it was me. Despite the fact that moo was overdue by months to return and kept putting them off and the others were going to have to share her workload until she returned.
She was somehow able to push it past the FY end and they laid me off. I heard the cunt finally quit.

Never once has a moo had to give up a job for me.

These whiners can suck it.
August 23, 2018
bell_flower
As women have more children, they are generally less available to devote hours to a job. (Unless the Dud or a family member or a nanny is the primary caretaker.) Women without children or anyone else who is working more hours should be making more money. Why is this so hard to understand?

I don't know where HBR is getting all these results. Maybe it's because I work in the public sector, and am living under government-legislated values, but I CANNOT WAIT to depart the workforce. In almost 40 years I've been crapped on and heard it all. I've been told

I don't need to make as much as people with families and I don't "need" to be promoted as much as someone with kids

Parents should have preferential treatment when it comes to taking vacations (fuck no, it should be first come, first served)

I shouldn't take vacation during the Summer because parunts need that time

That FMLA (U.S. law where you can take up to six months leave without pay for an illness for self or family member) may be written to include family members, but if you don't have children, you arent' really a family. (I took that one up the chain and was branded a "troublemaker" when I used it to take care of a parent. Yeah, I was a troublemaker because I elected to take a benefit.)

Parents are allowed to skip out for any child related reason, including fallout of clumps that didnt' take, but dawG forbid that I'm sick myself or I have a sick animal or a sick family member or really need to attend to any personal business. I have no children, therefore I apparently have no life.

I can't wait to GTFO of the workforce which is becoming more stupid and more Breederific each day.

Can you transfer to a different department bell_flower or are they all the same?

This makes me so happy I don't work in the Public Sector. What a bunch of breederific jerks!
I haven't had to hear that I don't deserve to make as much money/be promoted as someone with a famblee since I left OK. Thank goodness for that.
August 24, 2018
WTF. I wake up at 5 am and go to work every weekday. Where's my fucking "movement"?
August 24, 2018
I heard the founder of the metoo movement just had to pay off some guy she sexually harassed. Anyone know anything of this?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 24, 2018
It's possible they had consensual sex, but he was underage.

The Sun
August 25, 2018
twocents
I heard the founder of the metoo movement just had to pay off some guy she sexually harassed. Anyone know anything of this?

Seems quite likely to be true from the evidence given. He was underage, therefore unable to consent, and she did pay him to settle a lawsuit. She's not the founder though, though she could be called one of the leaders. The founder effectively said that as the movement continues, all sorts of things are going to come to light and they must be addressed, even if the victim doesn't look like what you expect and the attacker isn't someone you expected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login