Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rant kids in YouTube videos

Rant kids in YouTube videos
September 05, 2018
Why do people let their sprogs in YouTube videos? Do people actually think they add any value at all? I just saw a video ‘bear family takes a dip in our pool,’ and throughout the video you have to listen to the incessant nasal whining of some stupid loaf. “There’s bears in the poool!” Are. The word you are looking for is are. There are bears in the pool. “It’s eating my XYZtoy!!!!” At one point the dad tells the mom the pool might be shot since the bears might stab it with their claws. Cue whining from the spoiled loaf. Loaf asks if they can get a new one. The moo tells her maybe next year and she starts whining again. Duh of the year here says “it’s ok, we’ll get a new one.” The whining, predictably, stopped. Wtf. Parents don’t even know how stupid they are, or how their kids havet them trained. Dear duhs and moos, you are training your kids to have tantrums, and they are training you to buy them stuff whenever they want. If instead of giving them a swat and telling them to stfu you promise to buy them stuff every time they whine, you are teaching them that all they have to do to get what they want is whine and annoy you.

So glad that will never be my life.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Re: Rant kids in YouTube videos
September 05, 2018
Most videos would be better without human commentary. It seems like there's someone babbling in every video, whether it's adults or children. I wish they'd just shut up instead of talking about what they are filming.
September 05, 2018
Worse are the ones that are structured-- tutorials, reviews, that sort of thing-- where you can hear kids shrieking in the background or they actually wander "on set." Edit that part out, or wait until the kid's asleep/at school/with a babysitter. If you're trying to appear professional, having a kid roaming around or making noise in the background is not going to help.

On the other hand, a cat wandering across the screen is funny and endearing, and I heartily endorse more cats interrupting structured videos. smiling smiley
September 05, 2018
Yes, exactly! If I wanted to see sprogs, I’d visit my cousins or look for sprog videos. But I don’t, because I don’t like kids. But if I’m searching for prepping / DIY / recipes / animal videos, I don’t want to see a sprog. I want to learn how to do meal prep so I don’t keep throwing out half a loaf of bread a week. When I clicked a video titled ‘family of bears take a dip in our pool,’ it’s because ONGoodnees!! Look how cute they are,’ not because I want some kids reaction to the bears.

OTOH, kittehpeoples, you are exactly right! Pet photobombs are the best. It’s a cute reminder that hey, this person is sharing their living space with a furry bundle of joy. Besides for being cute to see, it humanizes the YouTuber, and makes them relatable. Yes, they probably make a lot of money from this, and YouTube is their job, but they aren’t so different from you or I. {Or so I think when I see their pets}.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
September 06, 2018
I like to watch random videos on National Parks on youtube, as I am an avid hiker, and like to research the parks before I go.

But the amount of moos and duhs who make sure to include little junior in the arches shot , or force little janie to recite the yellowstone speech she can barely read, makes half of them unwatchable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login