Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The cruise line Viking goes childfree

Posted by kman 
The cruise line Viking goes childfree
September 07, 2018
The story is self-explanatory, but in brief, now Viking River Cruises and Viking Ocean Cruises will have the same blanket policy against anyone under 18 on a cruise. Viking is geared to those who are 50+. grinning smiley

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/viking-cruises-bans-children-says-clients-want-kid-free-vacations/ar-BBMyxpQ

If any of you intend to take a cruise one day, I think it would be great to show your support for the CF policy by giving this line your business.
Re: The cruise line Viking goes childfree
September 07, 2018
I’ve been wanting to take one of their cruises, now there’s even more incentive! I’m so stoked to see that they went full CF.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
September 08, 2018
I've never been especially interested in cruises, there seem to be a lot of infectious diseases on them. I expect banning kids will go a long way toward improving hygiene.
September 08, 2018
They have some great river cruises.
September 08, 2018
yurble
I've never been especially interested in cruises, there seem to be a lot of infectious diseases on them. I expect banning kids will go a long way toward improving hygiene.

Disease is to be expected when you cram a large crowd into a tiny space for any length of time.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 08, 2018
I've always thought they would be ripe for a terrorist attack, I'm old enough to remember the Achille Lauro.
September 09, 2018
craftyzits
Disease is to be expected when you cram a large crowd into a tiny space for any length of time.

yurble

Very true. Every single time I have ever been on a Greyhound bus, I've gotten horribly sick. If you stick a ton of people on the same vessel, the odds of at least one of them being sick with something is pretty high. Mix in close quarters and that bug will spread like fire. But like yurble said, eliminating the demographic that is most likely to be sick and/or sick with horrible things should greatly reduce the risk of illness on these cruises.

But in any case, it's good to see someone actually cater to people who don't want kids all up in their business while on vacation. I'm sure breeders are screeching over this, even if they aren't the target audience. Never mind the (I'm sure) plentiful other cruise lines that welcome families with open arms - I'm sure breeders will focus their sights on the one that doesn't stroke them just like they do when any place doesn't suck their taints.

The tide has slowly been turning against parents and the pandering is starting to dry up, and they don't like the lack of ass-kissing one bit. It's great because these same parents who get offended about other people not wanting to be around their precious dumplings will do everything in their power to keep their own kids away from them as long as possible. You know, the parents who enroll their kids in every possible sport and extra-curricular activity to keep them out of the house all day long, or the ones who dump them on one end of Wal-Mart so they can shop in peace on the other end, or the ones who put them in daycare all day and leave them with nannies/sitters all night, even if one of the parents stays at home.

Here's hoping they stick to their guns and don't cave to inevitable breeder pressure. It's about time breeders learned that their fucking kids do NOT belong everywhere.
September 10, 2018
Cambion
Very true. Every single time I have ever been on a Greyhound bus, I've gotten horribly sick. If you stick a ton of people on the same vessel, the odds of at least one of them being sick with something is pretty high. Mix in close quarters and that bug will spread like fire. But like yurble said, eliminating the demographic that is most likely to be sick and/or sick with horrible things should greatly reduce the risk of illness on these cruises.

It's the demographic that's most likely to have horrible hygiene. Shitting themselves, picking their noses, playing with their feces, touching dead seagulls, peeing in the pool, putting their mouth directly on the faucet to get a drink, and so on and so on. But it probably won't fix the problem, since something like 1/3 of adults don't wash their hands after using the bathroom two faces puking
September 18, 2018
This is timely for me because I've been shopping their European river cruises as sort of a dream trip for Mr. CC and me. One of the things that was making me hesitate (other than the cost) was the thought of having the trip ruined by screaming brats. Can you imagine spending THOUSANDS for what should be an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience only to be subjected to 3 am meltdowns in the next cabin and feral free-range brats running the hallways? I would be LIVID as I'm sure people have been. Even though Viking's previous minimum age was 12, this part is very telling:

“Previously, we had allowed a degree of flexibility in the minimum age for travel, but increasingly our guests have told us how much they appreciate an environment where they can travel without children. In addition to marketing what Viking is, we believe our guests also appreciate knowing what Viking is not."

It doesn't take a genius to read between those lines. People were pissed off and made it known. Good on Viking for listening to their customers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login