Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"A man put up an electric fence near a school bus stop to keep kids off his lawn"

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Awesome.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/05/us/bus-stop-electric-fence-trnd/index.html

Favorite lines from the article:

"Neighbors were shocked to find out about the fence..."

...but apparently not as shocked as the guy who touched it.

"James Mehfoud owns houses in the neighborhood and said he felt a "slight shock" when he touched the fence. 'I understand his concern. I just don't think he understood the neighbors' concern about their kids. One of them could touch it and get shocked,' he told WTVR." Um, yeah. That's the whole point of an electric fence, to shock anything that touches it.

Mr kittehpeoples shared this article with me this morning and I had to share it here if no one else had yet. smiling smiley
Neighbors are shocked to hear about it, literally! Putting up that fence was a spark of genius! The guy wouldn’t have had to if the neighbors kept an ion the kids! Ok, ok, I’m done. I am sorry for the last one, I don’t know how electricity works or it’s relation to ions but I wanted to try.

The reaction kind of ticks me off. “It might hurt some chyldruuuuun.” Good. If parents taught their kids to respect other people’s property this wouldn’t be necessary. I’m also low key mad that stuff like this is only bad if it might hurt kids. Because potentially dangerous things are only bad if they hurt cyldruun but screw adults, right? An adult out jogging or a senior citizen might trip and touch the fence, but who cares, right? Stuff like this is why I hate kids. Besides for draining resources, being the cause of overpopulation, and just generally being loud, disrespectful and annoying, they have reshaped society in a VERY negative way.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
So he was made to take down the fence. I'm not surprised at all. If there wasn't a rule against it, they'd have made one just to target him. Meanwhile, the root cause, poor parenting, leading to children littering and not respecting either public or private property, isn't addressed at all.
Hey at least:

Henrico County Police said no charges were filed.

BAAAHHHAAAAAA!

So he was made to take down the fence. I'm not surprised at all. If there wasn't a rule against it, they'd have made one just to target him. Meanwhile, the root cause, poor parenting, leading to children littering and not respecting either public or private property, isn't addressed at all.

What's sad is the fact that he was honest is probably the reason it IS coming down.

If he had said "I'm planning on having or adopting a child, and I want my unborn / future child to have a safe yard," no one would have batted an eye.
He was told to take the fence down because it was within the county's right-of-way and outside his property line. Once he moved it so it was within his property boundary, he was fine. And as long as there is proper signage indicating it is an electrical fence, I have no problem with it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login