Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having a child = incapable of cheating

Posted by yurble 
Having a child = incapable of cheating
September 09, 2018
Also, chastising for a temper tantrum = sexism. Serena Williams behaved badly during a recent tennis match against Naomi Osaka. Upon getting a penalty point for receiving coaching:

I didn’t get coaching. I didn’t get coaching. I didn’t get coaching. You need to make an announcement that I didn’t get coaching. I don’t cheat. I didn’t get coaching. How can you say that? … You owe me an apology. You owe me an apology. I have never cheated in my life. I have a daughter, and I stand for what’s right for her. I’ve never cheated. You owe me an apology. You will never do another one of my matches.

As if having a child has anything to do with it! She then got docked another point for verbal abuse, resulting in more shouting and the following statement after the match:

I’m here fighting for women’s rights and for women’s equality and for all kinds of stuff. For me to say ‘thief,’ and for him to take a game, it made me feel like it was a sexist remark. He’s never taken a game from a man because they said ‘thief.'

At the end of the match when Naomi was crying, whether over the crowd booing her or for winning, Serena tried to comfort her, later saying:

I felt at one point bad because I’m crying and she’s crying. You know, she just won. I’m not sure if they were happy tears or they were just sad tears because of the moment. I felt like, wow, this isn’t how I felt when I won my first Grand Slam. I was like, wow, I definitely don’t want her to feel like that.

Yeah, maybe it was the mom in me that was like, listen, we got to pull ourselves together here.

Is there one fucking adult on the planet who both has kids and is capable of doing things without referencing those kids when they are irrelevant to the activity at hand?
Re: Having a child = incapable of cheating
September 09, 2018
yurble

Is there one fucking adult on the planet who both has kids and is capable of doing things without referencing those kids when they are irrelevant to the activity at hand?

No.

yurble

Apparently not. Having said that, Serena is even more off-her-rocker than the usual moo. Having a daughter prevents you from cheating? Holy cow.
September 09, 2018
Her coach even admitted he was coaching from the side, so yes, the rule was broken. My heart absolutely broke for the winner, getting caught up in that bullshit.
September 09, 2018
He was coaching her. She should have just taken her knocks and been done with it and conducted herself with some class.

Instead she lost her temper and called the line judge a thief. What did she think was going to happen? She has a point that men curse and say things and don't get penalized, but the argument was already lost.

What happened to the winner was horrible--she couldn't enjoy her win because she was caught up in the mob mentality that is increasingly becoming more common. Sportsmanship is a joke and it's dead due to athlete entitlement. The line judge was enforcing the rules and Williams demanded an apology from him.

I'm so tired of Williams' pronatalist bullshit. From her comments that her life was meaningless prior to sprogging to her tiresome HBO special---she's not a professional athlete anymore...she's a walking uterus. And any time the story becomes her sub par tennis, she diverts back to the spiel: she's just a regular working mawm*; did you know she had a life-threatening pregnancy--she's a mawm and therefore above reproach.

*She's not a normal working mawm. She gets paid a fortune for her Gawd-given athletic gifts. The bottom line is that professional athletes have an expiration date and she is nearing hers. When you have a kid, it's going to effect your body. Deal with the choice you made.

Oh and you heard it here first. I bet she fires her coach. At least he had some integrity and didn't lie about what he was doing. She'll probably part ways with him and have some Moo cover story.

ETA: I read some more about it and made some changes. Williams does have a point about the U.S. open treating women differently than men with respect to outbursts and foul language. But she was being coached and she still broke the rules with respect to that. And I still feel bad for the other athlete.
September 09, 2018
Check out this tweet she sent after what happened - "Did Momma win?" GAG.

https://twitter.com/serenawilliams/status/1037879968104165376

She also seems to think she's some kind of women's rights activist now and shoehorns in the I'm a Moo/Activist card into everything, including this incident. She seems to have zero remorse for her lack of professionalism, which to me is very telling about the kind of person she is.
September 09, 2018
Check out this article from the New York post where they talk about the U.S. Open officials. At the PRESENTATION CEREMONY FOR THE WINNER, this is what happened:

"At the awards ceremony, Osaka covered her face with her black visor and cried. The crowd booed her. Katrina Adams, chairman and president of the USTA, opened the awards ceremony by denigrating the winner and lionizing Williams — whose ego, if anything, needs piercing.

“Perhaps it’s not the finish we were looking for today,” Adams said, “but Serena, you are a champion of all champions.” Addressing the crowd, Adams added, “This mama is a role model and respected by all.” "

What the Hell? Not the finish WE were looking for today? This Katrina person deserves to be fired for being unprofessional. Just present the award without commenting about someone's uterus.

My opinion of Serena is taking a dive. She's just another Moo who expects her ass to be kissed 24/7.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/08/its-shameful-what-us-open-did-to-naomi-osaka/
September 09, 2018
cfinboston
Her coach even admitted he was coaching from the side, so yes, the rule was broken. My heart absolutely broke for the winner, getting caught up in that bullshit.

She has every right to be mad at her coach, for putting her in the position of being penalized. But her reaction toward the the referee was completely inappropriate given that he was just enforcing the rules. And what did she think was going to happen once she started yelling at him? Male players don't get away with displays of temper without penalty, either, and this is not the first time she's done something like this.

Then her attempt to shoehorn her breeding into it, as if it were relevant makes it look like she expects special treatment due to being a mawm. And her display of "sympathy" toward the winner as a gesture of magnanimous motherhood - when Naomi wouldn't have been crying if Serena's fans hadn't behaved in such an appalling fashion, after being incited by Serena herself.

I can't believe people are sticking up for Serena on this and completely discounting what happened to Naomi. I was on Serena's side about the ridiculous bias about what she wears, but this is another matter. She's the aggressor, and she's crying victimhood. It's entirely unsporting. And bringing in her breeding for the sake of sympathy just makes her a bigger asshole.
September 09, 2018
Agreed with everyone's commentary above. I actually felt quite horrible for the winner, because of how she was treated by the fans. I guess Serena didn't think about the fact that sluicing would affect her body in a negative way, therefore possibly putting her out of the game?

I'm not the biggest sports fan, and this puts me off of sports even more. Everyone owes the winner a big, fat apology - especially Serena for her behavior.

I remember John McEnroe from the 80s, and he was a big loudmouth dick, too. I didn't like him, either.
September 10, 2018
I feel bad for the winner, she didn't deserve any booing. Those fans are loud-mouthed assholes.
September 11, 2018
and now they are all whining about this admittedly insulting cartoon of Serena pitching a tantrum on the court. "So racist"!
September 11, 2018
This is the world we live in. Everyone is pulling a card of some sort. (In this situation I agree there is selective enforcement of the rules.)

I'm a Moo, therefore I'm a saint who never cheats. I didn't have a temper tantrum--you are sexist for calling me out and it's not faaaaaair.

It seems as if everyone can fall into a category and get sympathy and ass-pats from their tribe or mob.

Unless you are CF. If you are CF and you complain that something is unfair, you are a selfish whiner.

She's had similar complaints before, but they didn't get the traction this issue is getting because that was prior to ejecting a womb product.
September 12, 2018
I was never a fan of the Williams sisters, and what she did only confirmed my dislike of them. Pulling that mommy card was BS. First, it was an insult to her opponent and all pro tennis players who don't have kids (only non-moms can cheat, but mommies can't?). And it was sexist, too. Can you imagine a male tennis player saying, "I'm a dad, I don't cheat" to the chair umpire? He'd be laughed out of the stadium.

I saw Billie Jean King on TV last night, talking with Christiane Amanpour and neither of them mentioned this, they both sided with Williams. I lost some respect for King, as I was yelling at the TV during the interview.

King did mention that maybe they should allow coaching during a match. While that's not relevant to the incident with Williams, she may have a point there. It's the only sport I know of which prohibits coaching this way. Team sports allow coaching all the time. Individual sports such as boxing and golf allow coaching. Ever see a golfer discuss strategy with his caddy? Even in tennis you see teammates in doubles discuss strategy. And if there are rain delays, players can discuss strategy if they are sent back to the locker rooms.
September 27, 2018
Nauseating article defending Williams mentioning her kid in the professional sphere: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/15/give-serena-williams-break-working-mothers

“I have never cheated in my life. I have a daughter and I stand for what’s right for her,” Williams snapped at the umpire, Carlos Ramos, after he docked points from her. There have been a lot of negative responses to this. “We do not live in Gilead. Motherhood is commonplace, not deserving of special privileges,” one sports writer wrote. (Is Gilead the bar for what women can object to now?) Worse, some thought Williams was suggesting that motherhood gave her some kind of moral superiority, making her an Andrea “as a mother” Leadsom of the tennis court.

But Williams wasn’t saying motherhood made her a saint – just that she tries to set a good example for her daughter, something she has spoken about often.

Bullshit. Being an example to your kid has nothing to do with your professional life, although this writer would have the line between professional and personal eliminated:

I, like a lot of women, try not to talk too much about my kids, because I don’t want people to think I am now limited by them. And I’m not: I still do everything I did before they turned up, now plus everything else.

But I also feel a little sad that so many of us indulge in this charade, pretending we’re not mentally possessed by our children, because we are. Williams has jettisoned that pretence, talking about her daughter both off and, now, on the court.

So, what she's saying is that all mothers are breeder-brained, and those who don't talk about their children all the time are just faking it? She also seems to think she deserves a medal for being a breeder, and the fact that Williams nearly died in childbirth gives her more allowance to behave badly.

Thankfully the comments mostly do a good job of eviscerating the author and Williams. One of my favorites:

I don't have children, but I am going to start identifying as a parent. It's seems like a good get-out-of-jail-free card.
May 28, 2019
Williams is at the French Open making waves with her wardrobe choices. Here's a quote:

"fashion statement, a year after wearing the black catsuit that was banned from the tennis court.
Upon arrival to the Roland Garros stadium in Paris, the mother of one sported a jacket that read the words “Champion,” “Queen,” “Goddess,” and “Mother” in French."

https://news.yahoo.com/serena-williams-poncho-french-open-090711841.html

I wish her Moo ass would just get out of the sport.

Here's another ass-kissing article from yahoo of course:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/serena-williams-champions-female-empowerment-113000135.html

"She also highlighted the health benefits of her former on-court fashion. “I’ve had a lot of problems with my blood clots, God I don’t know how many I’ve had in the past 12 months,” she said at the time. “I’ve been wearing pants, in general, a lot when I play so I can keep the blood circulation going."

This all started a couple of days after whelping. I'm sure it's all woooooorth it, however.
May 28, 2019
Not really sure why anyone would be proud of (or post news articles) on making waves by fashion choices at a sporting event. Would hope the winner would be the one that is newsworthy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login