Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you've had an abortion: Redditor wants encouragement to do so

Posted by freya 
If you've had an abortion: Redditor wants encouragement to do so
September 13, 2018
Sounds as if she wants the abortion but her boyfriend has done a 180 since finding out she is pregnant. She has made an appointment but is getting all kinds of nasty messages because of her post.

From the post:

"My boyfriends opinion on abortion has taken a turn since we found out I was pregnant yesterday..Support /r/all

Can anyone please give me encouraging stories or just abortion experience stories. I read about “how much regret I’m going to feel” and I have a friend who has always told me she regretted hers. When I looked at that test, I never thought of the possibilities. I instantly just knew I wanted to terminate. No romanticizing. I am not ready to be a mother. But it may mean my relationship is over when I need my partner most.."

link: https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/9fi8m7/my_boyfriends_opinion_on_abortion_has_taken_a/
Re: If you've had an abortion: Redditor wants encouragement to do so
September 13, 2018
This seems to happen with more than a couple guys. Abortion sounds great on paper because they don't want to be fathers, but when their partner winds up in pig, they see it as proof of their manly, hetero, virile seed exercising its flawless fertility on the lady's egg. So when the woman says she's gonna get that shit cleaned out, he gets his nuts in a twist about it because she's taking proof of his manliness and throwing it away.

I think that's what's happening with this guy too. Two younger folks, she's up to her tits in student debt, sounds like she has a decent job if she's going to conferences, but no telling what he does (he could be a lazy fuck who stays home all the time). In typical guy fashion, he's gonna pout that she won't bear the evidence of his fertility, but I'd wager he also would do absolutely fuck all in regard to raising the damn thing. It's nothing but, "Have Og baby! You take care baby, me have fun!"

Dude needs to understand that it doesn't matter what the fuck he wants because he's not the one being an incubator. It doesn't sound like she's saying she never wants kids - just that they aren't ready for one now. My guess is, between the two of them, she has a LOT more to lose by breeding than he does, and I don't just mean the physical toll pregnancy takes. So she has every reason to care a whole lot while he probably figures life will be exactly the same but with a stroller thrown in, or he figures she'll raise it and he can just go fuck off and pretend like he's not a parent.

If they make it through the abortion emotionally, I have a feeling he's going to hold it over her head forever that she "killed" their "baby."
September 14, 2018
My experience was the opposite. Hooked up with a guy in grad school (i was late and had a scare but wasnt inpig). He told me he was prolife but wanted me to have an abortion if i was inpig.

I wouldve anyway but fucking proliar hypocrite.
September 14, 2018
I saw that one on Reddit. I'd post in support, but I was banned from that subreddit for saying that I don't believe that testicles are female genitalia.

I did see one piece of fanfiction posted where the poster claimed to have gone to a "registered abortion center", swiped their Medicare card (1. Medicare is for people over 65, 2. The Hyde amendment of 1977 banned any federal funds for paying for abortions, and 3. You don't 'swipe' an insurance card), then changed their mind.

There's also a bit of bs about "you'll love it when it's here".
September 14, 2018
JoJo
I did see one piece of fanfiction posted where the poster claimed to have gone to a "registered abortion center", swiped their Medicare card (1. Medicare is for people over 65, 2. The Hyde amendment of 1977 banned any federal funds for paying for abortions, and 3. You don't 'swipe' an insurance card), then changed their mind.

I agree that's total fiction, but in the interests of accuracy, you don't have to be 65 to have Medicare, and it will cover abortions though only under the strictest terms:

www.cms.gov
Indications and Limitations of Coverage

CIM 35-99

Abortions are not covered Medicare procedures except:

If the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest; or
In the case where a woman suffers from a physical disorder, physical injury, or physical illness, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself, that would, as certified by a physician, place the woman in danger of death unless an abortion is performed.

Personally, it's a legal procedure and I think it's bullshit it isn't covered under every circumstance. But that's why I vote. smiling smiley
September 14, 2018
Cambion
This seems to happen with more than a couple guys. Abortion sounds great on paper because they don't want to be fathers, but when their partner winds up in pig, they see it as proof of their manly, hetero, virile seed exercising its flawless fertility on the lady's egg. So when the woman says she's gonna get that shit cleaned out, he gets his nuts in a twist about it because she's taking proof of his manliness and throwing it away.

I think that's what's happening with this guy too. Two younger folks, she's up to her tits in student debt, sounds like she has a decent job if she's going to conferences, but no telling what he does (he could be a lazy fuck who stays home all the time). In typical guy fashion, he's gonna pout that she won't bear the evidence of his fertility, but I'd wager he also would do absolutely fuck all in regard to raising the damn thing. It's nothing but, "Have Og baby! You take care baby, me have fun!"

Dude needs to understand that it doesn't matter what the fuck he wants because he's not the one being an incubator. It doesn't sound like she's saying she never wants kids - just that they aren't ready for one now. My guess is, between the two of them, she has a LOT more to lose by breeding than he does, and I don't just mean the physical toll pregnancy takes. So she has every reason to care a whole lot while he probably figures life will be exactly the same but with a stroller thrown in, or he figures she'll raise it and he can just go fuck off and pretend like he's not a parent.

If they make it through the abortion emotionally, I have a feeling he's going to hold it over her head forever that she "killed" their "baby."

I agree, I don't think he is a decent person.

If this experience did change his mind he could still be supportive to her and say he disagrees while realizing it is her decision. And even if he doesn't want to go with her for the abortion he could make sure she has the support she needs to go to the clinic and then he could offer to take care of her afterwards. And he could hold off on implying/subtly threatening her with a break up or having any stressful conversations until time has passed and emotions have settled.

If the situation were reversed and she changed her mind he could be decent to her and not threaten (subtly) to break up with her for it unless she decided to abort.

He sounds like the type who thinks he can tell her what to do with her body through subtle intimidation and wondering if this extends to other aspects: such as her diet, clothing choices, etc.
September 14, 2018
JoJo
I saw that one on Reddit. I'd post in support, but I was banned from that subreddit for saying that I don't believe that testicles are female genitalia.

Whaaaat? I didn't realize so many Reddit moderators failed basic anatomy or are unable to complete a basic internet search on "testicles". Makes me want to stay far far away from that place.
September 17, 2018
Yeah, I don't believe all the trans bullshit. Sorry, buddy boy, if you were born with a wang and a nutsack, you're male.

Anyhoo, I hope she got the procedure and dumped Ogdickwerks.
September 17, 2018
freya
JoJo

Whaaaat? I didn't realize so many Reddit moderators failed basic anatomy or are unable to complete a basic internet search on "testicles". Makes me want to stay far far away from that place.
You would be surprised. I sometimes peek around on r/gender critical and they really are not pro trans. This was the place I'd first heard about the term 'cotton ceiling' 'lady dick' 'chest feeding' and other gems.
September 17, 2018
nightfire
freya
JoJo

You would be surprised. I sometimes peek around on r/gender critical and they really are not pro trans. This was the place I'd first heard about the term 'cotton ceiling' 'lady dick' 'chest feeding' and other gems.

I think (may be wrong on this) that testicles are likely to be removed if trans. I wouldn't ask anyone about their anatomy but I think most people would agree testicles are male organs, but maybe not. I guess they can be given a different anatomical name but that doesn't change the function of the organ. I haven't heard of any of those terms, 'cotton ceiling" ha ha.
September 18, 2018
I don't think there is anything wrong with a person being trans. Or with being pre-op, since not everyone has the opportunity to get surgery. In general, if someone says they are a man, or says they are a woman, it's no skin off my nose to use the desired pronoun. I really don't see why people care so much about it.

But I will not go along with people using their genitals for reproduction while claiming to be of another gender. I simply don't believe that a person can have body dysmorphia and be actively using their reproductive organs. For fuck's sake, I hate my uterus far more than a pregnant "man" does, and that's without claiming to feel that it misrepresents my gender to the world. I feel that people who reproduce with the 'wrong' genitals undermine the concept of transsexuality by making it appear ridiculous.
September 20, 2018
JoJo

Haha, what. Sensitive little fucks over there, aren't they? I'm guessing it's some kind of equality bullshit about how you can't tell a trans person they can't believe they have gender specific gentials pre-op. Kinda like how they can pretend to have balls if they feel like it, not understanding that saying testicles are male sex organs is a biological observation and not a threat to someone's preferred or perceived gender. Goddamn, people are touchy.

yurble
But I will not go along with people using their genitals for reproduction while claiming to be of another gender. I simply don't believe that a person can have body dysmorphia and be actively using their reproductive organs.

That I don't quite get either. I can understand someone who feels they were born the wrong gender and wants to become a different gender, but then they want to use their birth gender to reproduce, like in the case of the FTM who got pregnant a few years back and was all over the news. At the risk of sounding insensitive, it sounds like these people want to be borderline freaks and have the best of both worlds while getting to be offended when people don't address them with the correct pronoun.

To each their own, but some of these folks sound like they would be very exhausting to be around.

Edit: I wanted to add that I don't think ill of trans folks as a whole. Just it gets confusing when someone can't seem to figure out what gender to identify with.
September 21, 2018
Cambion
yurble
But I will not go along with people using their genitals for reproduction while claiming to be of another gender. I simply don't believe that a person can have body dysmorphia and be actively using their reproductive organs.

That I don't quite get either. I can understand someone who feels they were born the wrong gender and wants to become a different gender, but then they want to use their birth gender to reproduce, like in the case of the FTM who got pregnant a few years back and was all over the news. At the risk of sounding insensitive, it sounds like these people want to be borderline freaks and have the best of both worlds while getting to be offended when people don't address them with the correct pronoun.

To each their own, but some of these folks sound like they would be very exhausting to be around.

Sex I can understand, because it need not be done in such a way as to focus on specific body features. It's the reproduction specifically, which entails fully living the one of the most distinctly female mammalian experiences (breastfeeding is the other), that boggles my mind. You simply cannot have those experiences without having a female body.

Indeed, such a person must be very trying to be around, and I don't think I'd bother. Some people just want to live their lives and be treated as the gender they identify as (all the transsexual people I know in person), and then you get these drama llamas who really just want to chastise people for not kowtowing to their invented rules (the kind of people who often get media attention). That's why I think that they harm others by being seen as representative when they are not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login