Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 articles about kids in taprooms

Posted by cfuter 
2 articles about kids in taprooms
September 19, 2018
I can't believe this is such a thing nationwide. I've said it before, goddamn parunting has changed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/taranurin/2018/03/05/parents-think-twice-before-bringing-your-babies-to-breweries-and-bars/#5369d2135df9

https://nypost.com/2018/02/27/baby-birthday-parties-have-infested-brooklyns-bar-scene/

And, the parunts changing diapers outside the bathroom. I wish I had a kid so I could change a diaper at their house, during a dinner party, in front of everyone.
Re: 2 articles about kids in taprooms
September 19, 2018
Rest assured, something bad is going to happen to a brat in a bar, the parunts will sue the bar, and things will go back to the way they should.

At least I'm hoping.

About assholes changing their brats' diapers in inappropriate places, I have a parrot who I'd love to take out with me. He's just like a kid, but he doesn't wear diapers.
September 19, 2018
I guess the fad of parents having their 1 year old birthday parties at taprooms is "trending". If a 1 year old requests a party at a taproom that is an issue in itself. These 1 year old taproom parties are all about the parents (which seems to be a reoccurring narcissistic theme with many parents: everything is really about them). Personally I wouldn't want cheap-ass parents who don't want to pony up for a party and the child entertaining to arrive at a taproom I owned, bringing their own food (which will end up being smashed cake) and disturb others. They take up lots of tables, are cheap and make a royal mess plus they may not want to watch their brats. And the bus crew doesn't deserve to cleanup their crap. Then they want a place to change their brats knowing damn well it isn't a famblee friendly establishment. Cheap-ass parents can have parties at home, especially for infants.

This is a great reminder to call ahead and verify whether or not brats are admitted.
September 19, 2018
I remember years ago when I went to a bar and grill for a meetup group. The next table over was filled with a large famblee, and one young sprog. The next thing I know, the staff brings out a cake and sings "Happy Birthday" to the kid, who evidently was turning one year old. I was shocked and disgusted by it. It was also a late hour (for a sprog of that age), and I couldn't believe that this famblee had the audacity to drag a kid THAT age to basically a bar for its first birthday. No other little kids around. I don't believe the kid could've even eaten anything off the menu.

Kid should've been at home in bed. The parunts should've planned a daytime party for it AT HOME, and had its friends over for some cake and chicken nuggets (or whatever it is that kids eat these days).

Of course, as the evening went on, the famblee got sloshed. Kid was stuck in a high chair whining. It was waaaaayyyy past the kid's bedtime and it was tired.

As long as parunts choose to take their kids to inappropriate adult venues, I choose to give them the stinkeye and judge them. I'm The Village, and I'm disgusted with this so-called trend.
September 19, 2018
Can one year olds talk? Are they capable of expressing any wishes for their party settings?

I kind of thought at that age they weren't even aware of what a birthday or a party even is. Maybe the parents just want an excuse to get tanked when they realize they've had their kid for a year already and they have at least seventeen more to go....
September 19, 2018
mumofsixbirds
Of course, as the evening went on, the famblee got sloshed. Kid was stuck in a high chair whining. It was waaaaayyyy past the kid's bedtime and it was tired.

As long as parunts choose to take their kids to inappropriate adult venues, I choose to give them the stinkeye and judge them. I'm The Village, and I'm disgusted with this so-called trend.

I feel bad for the kid, bored to death on his/her birthday. Just let him/her have a piece of cake and a song, perhaps a present to unwrap or just the paper and box. Things a 1 year old will enjoy. Keep giving them the stinkeye mumofsixbirds!
September 19, 2018
kittehpeoples
Can one year olds talk? Are they capable of expressing any wishes for their party settings?

I kind of thought at that age they weren't even aware of what a birthday or a party even is. Maybe the parents just want an excuse to get tanked when they realize they've had their kid for a year already and they have at least seventeen more to go....

Exactly kittehpeoples. All about the parents, adult socialization and their alcohol consumption.
September 19, 2018
freya
kittehpeoples

Exactly kittehpeoples. All about the parents, adult socialization and their alcohol consumption.

These first birthday blowouts (anybody else see the headline for an article where a woman spent $9000 on her sprog's first b-day?) remind me of a quote from a book I read about child stars during the Golden Age of Hollywood. One of them said she asked her mother, "Why, WHY did you put me in the movies when I was only three?" and her mother replied, "It's what you always wanted to do." Riiiiiiight.
September 20, 2018
freya
mumofsixbirds

I feel bad for the kid, bored to death on his/her birthday. Just let him/her have a piece of cake and a song, perhaps a present to unwrap or just the paper and box. Things a 1 year old will enjoy. Keep giving them the stinkeye mumofsixbirds!

Yeah, the kid looked completely miserable while the parunts were whoopin' it up. I fully intend to let my distaste be known to these breeders. This is only going to get worse if society looks away. Kids and booze never mix.
September 20, 2018
You can't convince these (now younger) parents that they are selfish becuz they dont look at it that way. You guys see it, I see it, but they think cleaning up and running after their own DNA replicants is somehow altruistic becuz they arent doing it for themselves and/or rather be doing something else, so they think they are a better person for it. I saw it on that twitter thread regarding the same subject when someone brought it up on there. I wanted to jump in but I just dont have the stomach for it anymore. They dont see parunting as selfish and dont see enjoying beers w/ friends w/ kids in tow as selfish to the grownup community. They act like they dont have the answers..."how can I see my friends if they dont bring their kids???!?" Um....buy a 6 pack and bring it to their house/yard/apt/forest preserve whatever...

My own friends dont see it when we see stuff in the news "uh I dont think it's selfish necessarily...I think it's wrong but not selfish" Then, I, the CF black sheep, has to say...."Taking care of your OWN kids, an extension of yourself, and making sure you are watching out for number one collectively at the expense of others, is SELFISH. Parunts arent doing it really for their kids, parunts want to make sure THEIR kids are getting something and getting ahead of the rest, at the expense of others, it's like a benefit thru proxy. Even if it is not for themselves, but for THEIR kids, doesnt make it altruistic but selfish"
September 20, 2018
cfuter
Um....buy a 6 pack and bring it to their house/yard/apt/forest preserve whatever...

Please don't encourage them to inflict their shit on the forest.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 20, 2018
craftyzits
cfuter
Um....buy a 6 pack and bring it to their house/yard/apt/forest preserve whatever...

Please don't encourage them to inflict their shit on the forest.

I know, it is still more appropriate than a bar, especially for kids' bday parties.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login