Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A parent or wanna be parent tells off modern moos

Posted by cfdavep 
A parent or wanna be parent tells off modern moos
September 20, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mother-triplets-celebrates-stretch-marks-powerful-post-155547150.html.

Pics are scary

"What is so special about dropping kids? We were all dropped as were our parents. It's how reproduction takes place. Don't get me wrong. I love babies, especially chubby babies. But there is nothing special about the process pf pregnancy. Also, why do women so love the word powerful, as though it's a magic wand that gives them relevance? Why can't they just be? We are all relevant. As far as "battle scars," well, they are not. They are stretch marks and they're god awful ugly and every woman and man alive knows this. They are a result of pregnancy same as weight gain, varicose veins, gestational diabetes, back pain, and just feeling downright miserable at times. All women cannot wait for every one of these conditions to go away. Stop with the fairyland princess powerful BS. Nobody buys it"

Moo in article goes on about her "power marks"
Re: A parent or wanna be parent tells off modern moos
September 20, 2018
Holy cow...those pics are AWFUL! She looks like a balloon that's overinflated, and the pic below looks like someone popped her balloon stomach and it's all wrinkly and stretched out. Ewww....I LOVE the fact that she's talking about her "Journey into being a moo", but the comments below are telling her that she's not so special.

Maybe if enough people make comments like this, the gross imagery and moos going on and on and ON about their inpigness will stop one day. I don't know if they actually ever will stop completely, but the fact that people are not rubbing their banana tits and telling the how special they are, may make some of them think twice about posting about it.

I didn't read the article in its entirety, because I couldn't wait to get off the page from those gross pics.
September 20, 2018
I don't think that there isn't a reason to be ashamed of a scar. If a scar is in a place that is readily exposed (arms, legs, upper chest or back) that it is likely to be seen and I would hope the person with such scar(s) doesn't feel self-conscious about them.

Just not understanding why it is necessary to publicize and yak about a huge scar on the stomach on social media, other than to attention whore.
September 21, 2018
freya
I don't think that there isn't a reason to be ashamed of a scar. If a scar is in a place that is readily exposed (arms, legs, upper chest or back) that it is likely to be seen and I would hope the person with such scar(s) doesn't feel self-conscious about them.

Just not understanding why it is necessary to publicize and yak about a huge scar on the stomach on social media, other than to attention whore.

I read the other day that pimples are in.

I agree that in one sense, we are living in a world that expects airbrushed perfection nobody can attain without extensive surgery and cosmetics, and this is causing many people to feel bad about their deviations. Furthermore, we're also in a culture where many people seem to think it's okay to look down on others for aspects of their appearance, and to comment on it.

Hence we get a backlash. It often starts with people who are sick of being told they are ugly who just want to provide support for others in similar circumstances, and to reveal those who torment them as being ugly inside. And I can completely agree with that, it's not especially polite to comment negatively on another person's appearance, nor is it realistic to hold people to impossible standards.

But then you get the people who aren't content with simply trying to get people to stop being rude, and instead insist that the attribute is beautiful, more beautiful than the alternative. Which, for most people, amounts to a blatant lie. I mean, pimples happen, people can't always do something about it, and nobody should be obligated to pile on makeup or take dubious medication in order to appear more "professional." But at the same time, nobody is going to convince me that pimples are more attractive than no pimples, even if models start sporting them.

And it's the same way with stretch marks. If someone sees them and mocks you, in an intimate situation or at the beach, that person is being a jerk. But it doesn't change the fact that stretch marks are less attractive than no stretch marks, and the fact that you got them through choice rather than as part of adolescent growth doesn't make them more meaningful, or make you special.

Claims that they demonstrate your power are a rather transparent, childish attempt of claiming the opposite of what is actually felt. I'm pretty sure she feels irrelevant and powerless when she contemplates her stretch marks, because she knows they aren't attractive and are a symbol of having left behind her pre-maternal life.

Nobody but one desperate to believe is fooled by that mother goddess crap, just like nobody is going to believe that pimples are cool.
September 21, 2018
Very well said. I have stretch marks on my thighs and butt, and I've had them since I was a teen. I don't like them. I also have a pimple that's growing on my lip. Looks like a cold sore, but it's just a zit. Maybe I should post a photo of it online to show how 'fashionable' and cool it is? I have to go out today, because we're entertaining on the weekend and I need a few things for the dinner. I can talk about how proud I am of having this pimple, and how awesome and empowering it is.

Oooohhh. Better yet, I could take photos of the pimple and put it on Instagram and let people comment on how great it is. Yeah. That's a really good idea. Very empowering.

LOL
September 21, 2018
I've seen moos refer to their stretch marks as "tiger stripes." Some tiger should just haul off and smack them one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login