Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IVF blogger conceives, then dies from childbirth complications

Posted by Cambion 
IVF blogger conceives, then dies from childbirth complications
September 23, 2018
https://people.com/human-interest/ivf-blogger-dies-during-birth/

Apparently this woman was very popular in the infertile community and shared her quest to get in pig, finally announcing a positive pregnancy test back in May. Earlier this month, she just collapsed all of a sudden and was rushed to the hospital for an emergency C-section, which caused her to arrest and die. Her kid wound up in NICU, but survived.

I'm sure she'll be hailed as some kind of a martyr because of her "brave" struggle and victory over infertility and she "gave her life" for her child. When in reality, she hurt a lot of people; she left her husband without a wife, her son without a mother, not to mention making her relatives and friends suffer a loss, all because she had to be a fucking broodmare. Her death was 100 percent preventable, and while I know very serious complications in childbirth are pretty rare, women do still die giving birth even with modern medicine. The article goes on to briefly discuss how C-sections do save the lives of both mothers and babies, but that they have their own set of complications like blood clots and hemorrhaging.

The Duh says he intends to continue trying to help other couples suffering from infertility. Yeah, I don't know if I'd want to help people do the thing that led to my partner's death. But I kind of hope this makes some barren people give IVF a second thought. Nobody ever died from not having kids, but it's very possible to die from having them. If he's gonna push IVF in his wife's honor, I hope he at least has the sense to tell people that sluicing still carries risks.
Re: IVF blogger conceives, then dies from childbirth complications
September 24, 2018
People seem to live for symbolism, not reality. Like Martyer, Warrior, Motherhood, are kinda archetypes.

Reality is just one organism pushed out another and the heart gave out in the process. She was obviously infertile for a reason.
September 24, 2018
cfdavep

Reality is just one organism pushed out another and the heart gave out in the process. She was obviously infertile for a reason.

Here's the thing though, according the article, she had her fallopian tubes removed after she experienced complications during two previous pregnancies. If those pregnancies ended in miscarriage then she knew her body wasn't capable of carrying a loaf to term but went ahead with IVF anyway. I don't like to blame the victim, but she brought this on herself by insisting on a biological child.

Now the kid has no mother and will likely have this lauded over him forever; you know, "your mother DIED for you!" kinda stuff to manipulate the kid into eating his veggies/doing his homework or chores etc.

Also, OT, while searching a discount website I saw some mummy-n-me matching jeans - the mother's jeans was printed with "the original" and the child jeans had "the replicant" on them.
September 24, 2018
Her symptoms sound like classic aneurysm or aortic dissection. The increased blood volume in pregnancy will often bring these silent conditions to the forefront. Just another reason not to get in pig.
September 24, 2018
Yup, she had two failed pregnancies in the past that resulted in her needing her tubes removed, so my guess is she had two ectopic pregnancies, which I think are much more common with IVF than doin' it the old-fashioned way.

It's still tragic because someone died (not a Moo specifically, but just someone, but it didn't need to happen. Seriously, if the worst fucking thing in your life is not having kids, consider yourself lucky. I want to feel sorry for her, but I just can't. I'm sure she had to have known she was playing with fire after past pregnancy complications and she went ahead and did it again thinking it would be different. I mean she certainly didn't deserve to die, but I think she should have taken the hint when two pregnancies went kaput and took her tubes with them. Doctors will damn near endanger women's lives before they'll consider endangering their fertility, so for them to chop out both tubes means shit got REAL.

lurker-derp
Now the kid has no mother and will likely have this lauded over him forever; you know, "your mother DIED for you!" kinda stuff to manipulate the kid into eating his veggies/doing his homework or chores etc.

No doubt in my mind this will happen. It's pretty clear the Duh was very much in love with his wife and I'm sure deep down he resents the hell out of her for taking herself away from him and leaving him to raise their kid alone, so he'll likely take that resentment out on their son. Not necessarily being abusive, but I bet there will be a lot of guilt-tripping just like you described.
September 24, 2018
Duh might not have a chance to give the son a guilt trip about Moo's death. Often IVF babies have medical and other problems. It might be too early to tell yet, but this almighty sprog might turn out to be a tard or some such and require lifetime care... from Duh.
September 24, 2018
Duh might soon be looking at the weather to see when it's hot and leave the kid in the car, will be waiting to see where hurricanes are headed, will be looking for a zoo with African painted dogs, and will be removing drain covers from the nearest water park before he ever lays a guilt trip.
September 25, 2018
kman
Duh might not have a chance to give the son a guilt trip about Moo's death. Often IVF babies have medical and other problems.

Very true. The kid was whisked off to NICU the second it came out for undisclosed problems and there's no telling how long it'll be there for. For all anyone knows, it may not leave the NICU alive. He wasn't premature, but wasn't full term either (38 weeks, so juuuuuuust slightly underbaked, I think), so he's got that working in his favor, at least.

One upside for Duh is he could get a pretty decent supply of sympathy pussy from all this. You know, poor grieving single daddy with a sick kid to boot.
September 26, 2018
I don't know, Cambion. Most women are like most men in that for them a potential partner with such an offspring is a turnoff. Can't blame any of them for not wanting to deal with that drama.
September 26, 2018
Oh I don't necessarily mean he'll score a long-term mate, because he probably won't - not with that kind of drama in his life. Just that if he goes and boo-hoos in a bar about his dead wife and sick kid, he'll probably have the chance to take someone home or go home with someone.

But give it time and I'm sure he'll be shopping around for a new wife-Moo because he sure as fuck won't want to deal with his kid by himself (if it lives). He'll be on the dating scene before you know it looking for someone to raise the kid for him.
This woman put creating a xerox copy of herself above everyone and everything else in life. Her family, her friends, her own body, her health, her pets, wild animals, nature, the earth, non-profits, charities, the disabled, and the disenfranchised.

"I just wanna see another one of MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was the only thing she gave two shits about.

If she'd had the slightest sense of selflessness throughout all the miscarriages / IVF / other problems, and admitted "maybe I wasn't meant to worship a xerox copy, maybe I should consider livelihood of others on the planet instead" ....chances are, she'd still be alive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login