Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You don't care about the planet because you don't have children

Posted by blackpearl 
You don't care about the planet because you don't have children
September 26, 2018
This argument has become very familiar in the last time as our local media writes obsessively about climate change and starts offering such solutions as putting more tax on everything that is not environmentally friendly from transportation to meat.

So, if you don't have kids and like to travel or are not a vegan you usually get the: "you don't care about the planet because you don't have kids". I got really angry at a cunt who was sustaining aviation tax but jumped at my throat because i travel sometimes to see my family who lives at the other side of the continent. This woman has expressed the desire to have kids sometimes but dares to judge me if i fly or if i eat tuna.

I start getting really tired of "environmental" bredeers who moralize you for every damned thing they consider not green but if you dare to mention their kids they turn it around saying that you destroy the planet with your frivolities.

So put a tax on almost everything but subsidize breeding in all its forms? Last time i checked breeders were bitching that Finland doesn't cover IVF and surrogate motherhood is banned because think of the infertiles! Meanwhile we have people dying of cancer (and could be saved) but they don't have money to afford treatments.
Re: You don't care about the planet because you don't have children
September 26, 2018
That argument is very revealing. These people find it impossible to have any empathetic feelings to people they are not related to, if they cannot care about the future of humanity without having children. It also shows a lack of long-term thinking, they clearly don't expect any of this shit to happen while they are still alive, otherwise they'd expect adults to care for their own sake, even if they are completely selfish and don't care about anyone else. And of course, it is irrational in ignoring that the single biggest way to pollute in a developing country is to reproduce.

If they really want to limit things that are bad for the environment, give everyone a set number of carbon credits and let them decide what activities matter to them, instead of assuming everyone values the same things. Then let's see how many people still want to breed when it means no travel, no meat, and no disposable diapers.
September 26, 2018
In my state in the 1990s a former work colleague's wife ran unsuccessfully for local and state offices under the Green Party. You guessed it: they had two kids. Disconnect much? grinning smiley
September 26, 2018
There is not a single environmental issue that can't be linked back to too many fucking people on this poor ol' planet. Desertification, wildfires, mass extinctions, loss of polar ice mass, rising temperatures, you name it and it's caused by overpopulation and over-consumption. People don't want to hear that we should have fewer to no children, though...even though it's no threat to them, they treat it like it is.

In some cases I think that western (esp. USA) people see overpopulation as not their problem because people actually only have a couple kids each, and family size is shrinking. BUT...compared to "other countries" that might have massive birth rates, those US kids consume 10 times the resources. People are blind to that.

One person I was friends with in college (but have since drifted a bit) is moving toward a more plant-based diet and making other major changes in her life for environmental reasons, right down to working for a renewable energy company (solar and wind). But...you guessed it...she has two children and a single-family suburban home with lawn. The house...well, other people can move into it in the future, so it's kinda resuable. But the two kids will just have more kids, guarantee it.
September 27, 2018
The more people - the more resources but like everybody here i know that the subject is taboo and usually if you bring it up, you are told to kill yourself. Wouldn't it be easier to just tune down the pronatalism and stop shaming people for not having kids? I never wanted praise and statues for it, no way, but it would be nice nit to hear that my life and time is worthless or that i'm less of a human. And i don't care about strangers' opinions but when you get blatantly discriminated against by society, you really start wondering if it's worth it.

I mentioned this situation because i remembered a comment on an environmental thread: a guy said he flew from Finland to London four times a year and a woman attacked him: you surely don't have children because you pollute the environment and don't care about the future. I think the flights of those guy polluted much less than having two kids which in turn will have 2 kids each and so on.

I do think the carbon credit is a very good idea but then you will hear parents bitching that they cannot take their kids on holiday to Canary Islands and Thailand.
September 27, 2018
Telling someone that they should go kill themselves because they are childfree is immoral, inflammatory and disgusting. If someone ever said that to me, I'd let them know what a 'fine' human being I think they are, suggesting that I should kill myself just so they can go off, fuck without protection, and create more DNA replicants of themselves. Fuck THEM. Anyone who ever said that to me would get the full brunt of my wrath.

I don't care HOW environmentally friendly breeders claim they are. I am not particularly an 'environmentalist' myself, but I do recycle and reuse as much as I can. I don't drive and rarely travel. I can be as reckless as I want, and still...I will NEVER create the environmental damage that breeders create, by bringing more humans onto an already overpopulated and dying planet.

They are such hypocrites.
September 27, 2018
Even if I drove a gas-guzzling tank hundreds of miles every single day, didn't recycle anything, and left every single electrical and water source running 24/7, I would still be using FAR less resources than the average breeder. Nothing causes more pollution and resource depletion than creating another life.

Consider all the diapers a single child goes through in a given month, and pair that with the fact that parents are going longer with potty training because they don't feel like making their kids learn to shit in a toilet, so that means many, many more diapers. Also consider all the plastic bullshit kids seem to need, from car seats to toys. It doesn't matter how green a parent is, they've already polluted the planet in the worst possible way by creating unnecessary biological trash.

I could be more environmentally conscious than any breeder even if I went out of my way to destroy the environment simply because I didn't reproduce. I think what breeders mean when they get their ovaries in a knot over our CFdom is that we don't deserve to be alive using up resources that could go to their precious brats because we didn't "pay our dues" (have kids) like they did.
September 28, 2018
So, found out an article in the Finnish media where a mombie says that everybody should stop flying because we are selfish and destroying the environment. I will provide a link if you wish but it's in Finnish.

I commented there about Sweden who actually introduced aviation tax and meanwhile the bitch from the green party who introduced this is flying at business class on taxpayers money. In Finland we have politicians from the green party who do exactly the same thing with an example of a guy using taxi for about 22.000 euros (on taxpayers money). All of them have kids.
September 28, 2018
At work, I asked a customer (who was buying disposable diapers) what she would do if they ever banned disposable diapers and she had to go to using the reusables (this was sort of in the conversation of the growing plastic bag ban.)

She looked at me and sighed, 'Well it would be harder and a lot more work.'

I'm thinking since the proliferation of these disposables, people have mentally gotten... dependant on them. If there was a ban on them, I wonder if it wouldn't make people reconsider having kids, because it would go against that urge for laziness and make them decide a bit longer before just having them for whatever reason.
September 29, 2018
It is the same with plastic bags. One of our local grocery stores Lidl, had plastic-free days so they had no plastic bags at all. A woman got so angry at the cashier because you know, plastic bags! Although they had paper and textile ones.

To me it's amazing that everybody wants tax on cars, planes, meat but at the same time they want to tax childless people. This is so absurd makes my head explode.
September 29, 2018
This planet that we call earth is extremely overpopulated. 8 BILLION people. That is too many people.

What breeders fail to understand is that they are part of the problem, never part of the solution.

With overpopulation comes the lower quality of life, poverty (just take a look at China and India oh and the United States of America ranks at #3 in being the most populated country in the world), scarcity of jobs, scarce resources, nutritious food, clean water, clean air, and breeders think well the more people they bring in to the world the better.

It does NOT work that way at all.
September 29, 2018
I recently saw a comment on a blog I frequent that suggested CF-ers should be taxed even more than they already are to subsidize breeders. I and a few others commented back about what a terrible policy that would be but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears so to speak.
September 30, 2018
We have the same mentality when it comes to taxing. You don't have kids? Well you should be taxed more because you don't produce more taxpayers for the society.

And back on the subject of flying, you should see these typical holiday destinations...the planes are literally full with kids! The only time i traveled to Canary Islands there were about five babies on board, i think they were just few months old. These people have the audacity to judge me that i pollute the environment because i fly but dog forbid you tell a parent that they produce 58.6 tonnes of carbon by crapping a kid.

First time i flew was when i was 20 years old because we basically had no money. And after that i flew quite rarely and mostly because my DH is Finnish and i had to move with him while my family remained in my home-country. And i have friends spread all over the world and i do enjoy experiences more than buying crap so yeah, i do prefer travelling.

Source for the carbon claim: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/12/want-to-fight-climate-change-have-fewer-children
September 30, 2018
A long time ago it made sense to think everyone should breed. The world population was much smaller, people did not live as long, children and young adults were much more likely to die.

Now we are all in danger from overpopulation, but it seems most people are incapable of adjusting their thinking. Even people who are otherwise very smart often can't comprehend overpopulation and resource depletion.

It really is fucking frustrating.
October 02, 2018
This surely is just a tactic of breeders to throw more shit to the CF. Oh, you dare to take a holiday and fly to some random place? You selfish prick, you destroy the planet for my children! It's like they have the ultimate right to everything, their breeding should not be questioned but they fail to see that those kids will be nothing but mindless consumers just like their parents.

And me flying to some random place once a year or less (can't afford more than that) is just a fart in Sahara compared to adding another human being on the planet.

But as i said, i don't think it's about flying, it's the fact the you can enjoy yourself and are happy. Others can't just stand to see that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login