Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another way to vacuum out breeder's wallets

Posted by randomcfchick 
Another way to vacuum out breeder's wallets
September 26, 2018
I've said before that there's a million stupid ways to get money from parents.

Now there's yet another: pre-pregnancy vitamins. And not just for women...the ad I saw was a "couple's pack"...the idea being that BOTH gamete owners take these vitamins before they even conceive.

My first thought: Amazing what people will pay for. Instead of just, ya know, eating healthy, exercising, maybe taking a regular multi-vite every now and then. They've convinced people they BOTH need these special vitamins.

My next thought: There's something that a guy wouldn't buy...even if he were on board with parenthood. That's something women would buy and convince their partner to take, and partner would be like "okay, whatever..." and take them when he remembers to.
Re: Another way to vacuum out breeder's wallets
September 26, 2018
I admit, I have taken prenatal vitamins. At first the name was a real turn off but vitamin for vitamin they are less expensive and the label comes right off. Back when I was broke in the early 2000's I could find a decent sized bottle for under $5.

Not sure why a man would need them unless he has a vitamin deficiency.

But since they come in a pack guarantee the woman will be the one to buy the pack, like you said randomcfchick. Brilliant marketing strategy.
September 27, 2018
"I admit, I have taken prenatal vitamins. At first the name was a real turn off but vitamin for vitamin they are less expensive and the label comes right off. Back when I was broke in the early 2000's I could find a decent sized bottle for under $5."

Hey, I have heard that if you can stomach them (some people have a hard time with 'em) prenatal vitamins offer a lot of bang for the buck. Friend of mine started taking them before they even conceived a kid, and she said her hair and nails were AWESOME after a few weeks of prenatals. Too bad she turned into a boring cog after the stick turned blue, though.

But yes, brilliant marketing. Instant way to double your sales!
September 27, 2018
randomcfchick
"I admit, I have taken prenatal vitamins. At first the name was a real turn off but vitamin for vitamin they are less expensive and the label comes right off. Back when I was broke in the early 2000's I could find a decent sized bottle for under $5."

Hey, I have heard that if you can stomach them (some people have a hard time with 'em) prenatal vitamins offer a lot of bang for the buck. Friend of mine started taking them before they even conceived a kid, and she said her hair and nails were AWESOME after a few weeks of prenatals. Too bad she turned into a boring cog after the stick turned blue, though.

But yes, brilliant marketing. Instant way to double your sales!

I don't think they're prenatal vitamins per se, but I've recently started biotin supplements, and they've really helped my hair, skin and nails. They are fairly inexpensive as well.
September 30, 2018
Biotin is a component of prenatal vitamins, so it must be what helps nails/skin/hair.

I've seen a lot of companies reeeeeeally push biotin-enriched foods, etc on female consumers, including the "everyone is pre-pregnant" angle. Bleah.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login