Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hitting match?

Posted by twocents 
Hitting match?
September 27, 2018
Let me start by saying that there are plenty who might disapprove of what happened here. Mind you, I was not using full strength, just enough to get a point across. Small backstory, sister-in-law had a retarded daughter who did not speak, there were a few words here and there but mostly just Grunts and various noises. When she got ill or was not feeling good she would use her mother as a punching bag. Mom would never try to stop it or anything that I could see. One day Mom asked me to help take this retarded daughter to the doctor because tardy was not feeling good. True to Fashion she was repeatedly hitting her mother. I finally took tardo down to the car and wait for the mother to come out. At that point tardos started using me as a punching bag. I looked her right in the eye and said, quite firmly, no. She hit me again. Again I said no and don't do that again. She hit me again. And she was looking me right in the eye the entire time. So I punched her in the shoulder, not hard but enough to get a message across. She looked totally shocked but hit me in the shoulder again. I hit her back again in the shoulder. This was probably repeated four or five times. She starts crying hysterically and tries to go back into the building. I got out of the car went back to the other side pushed her back in shut the door and leaned against it leaving tardily to have her crying hysterical Jag by herself. By the time Mom got back out she was just sniffling. She never tried that stunt with me again. And many places I would be excoriated, perhaps not the best way of dealing with it, probably should have just gotten out of the car and left tardo by herself. For the most part tardo was happy relatively speaking. I just refuse to be used as a punching bag. I could tell a similar story about her brother, who had been struck by a car as a child, was in a coma for a month and also severely retarded. Long story short he would respect anyone who could knock him down or would strike him back

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Hitting match?
September 27, 2018
You have the right not to be used as a punching bag. But in general, you can get in trouble for hitting kids, regardless of the circumstances. Therefore I think the safest course of action is to simply have nothing to do with the kid, ever again. Not your circus, not your monkeys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login