Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kavanaugh

Posted by cfdavep 
Kavanaugh
September 30, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-republicans-ramming-brett-kavanaugh-105836834.html

If this nut wins and it is looking like he will things may become hellish in this country for cf younger women.
Re: Kavanaugh
October 01, 2018
I've been watching the whole thing in horror. I watched Mrs. Ford testify as to what happened to her, and I find her very credible. The memories that she's sharing are much like that of my own. The important details are present, while some details are foggy. Also, the way she described her feelings during and after the event. What happened to me happened 40 years ago and I remember the horror that I went through, more than I remember small things. There are some details that stand out in my memory, because they were things that would have been impossible to forget. After listening to her testimony, I do believe that Kavanaugh attempted to rape her, while his friend watched on.

This man does NOT like women, or respect them. He wants to take back Roe Vs. Wade, and that will be a horrible thing for ALL women, including people who have already had kids. He is dangerous. I watched him whine and cry, and his belligerence towards the other senators did not escape me.

People like Dump and Kavanaugh make the States look like a joke in the rest of the world's eyes. If they keep going with this, the States will become irrelevant to the rest of the world. I hope not, because I have friends and family who live in the States. They are just as horrified by what is happening - if not more so - than I am.
October 01, 2018
I thought Kavanaugh was terrible before Dr. Ford testified. What convinced me was the testimony of an NYU law professor in a panel before the Senate Judiciary Committee last month after Kavanaugh had testified originally. He went out of his way to add unnecessary hurdles to that 17-year-ol girl who wanted an abortion but was being held by Immigration. Thankfully, his rulings got overruled by other judges.

His righteous indignation means nothing to me. A guilty man can just easily fake that, so his denials carry no weight with me. Dr. Ford's life is worsened even if her claims are true, which is part of why I believe her.

Most of those dopey Republicans in the senate will fall into one of two camps: either they believe her and don't care and will vote for BK, or they believe only him and not her and will vote for BK.

Gotta hope that BK goes down, the Dems retake the senate, and keep the seat open for 2 years to even the score for Merrick Garland, a good man with no baggage who never even got a hearing!
October 01, 2018
deegee
I thought Kavanaugh was terrible before Dr. Ford testified. What convinced me was the testimony of an NYU law professor in a panel before the Senate Judiciary Committee last month after Kavanaugh had testified originally. He went out of his way to add unnecessary hurdles to that 17-year-ol girl who wanted an abortion but was being held by Immigration. Thankfully, his rulings got overruled by other judges.

The 17 year old already secured permission from the court for the abortion so why require her to meet with another adult? Was the first court's approval not adult enough for him? IMO he was trying to delay and force the pregnancy. Of course, he can claim he wasn't trying to stop the abortion and was looking out for her best interests yet there is no doubt to the motive for his passive-aggressiveness. Apparently he doesn't trust judges and that should say something considering he is one.

I will never endorse anyone who wants to make abortion illegal. Without a doubt, it is mostly male lawmakers who support abortion (who will never have to worry about being raped or making a mistake and winding up pregnant). It is one of the rights I consider most important. I've seen too many lives ruined that abortion(s) would have solved. What if YOU were aborted is the common retort from the pro-life breeders (who clearly don't care if there are any lives ruined). For any woman who chooses abortion the fetus wouldn't grow up and become an adult that can consider what would have happened if it were aborted.

And I really don't care that some politician who is upper class chose to keep her defecto-loaf. Pass a law stating no national politicians can abort. Good for her, not everyone has the money or support system to deal with defectos. And a healthy number of people aren't going to treat a defecto nicely out of pure ignorance or frustration because they aren't equipped to deal with it in the first place.
October 01, 2018
I saw this coming in 2014 and had a hysterectomy.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 01, 2018
I was watching BK hearings at work in the evening on my laptop. Just watching his demeanor told me he was guilty. He looked and acted like this big, rich, entitled manchild who was angry he got caught.

The white guy watching the hearings with me put it bluntly: Kavanaugh has the whiny, guilty voice and body language of a guy who got caught and doesn't want to own up to it. He did it.

Roe v Wade isn't the worst of it. Read up on Gamble v USA. This is the real reason they want Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS now. If Gamble goes through, then double jeopardy becomes re-defined to apply to the states. That means if Chump pardons his criminal compatriots, they cannot be tried on the state level. Because Presidential pardons only apply to the federal level, not the states.

The southern district of New York has jurisdiction over Trump Tower. They have a massive file they've put together on Trump, his criminal family, and others associated with him. If Gamble goes through and Trump pardons everybody, then they cannot prosecute on the state level. Trump and his ilk would walk away scot free. The only way they could get around that would be to prosecute after Chump was out of POTUS because then he'd not be able to pardon anybody. But the future POTUS could pardon the entire lot of them and if any state case was pending against them, it would have to be dropped because of double jeopardy being applied to the states. THIS is the big prize. They need a sitting Kavanaugh on the bench to get this through.

Funny how Rethuglicans are all about states' rights until they don't like the rights the states have.
October 04, 2018
Welp, I'm listening to the senate's response to the FBI report, and it seems that they're going to push him through.

I also listened to Dump openly mocking Dr. Ford, and making the idiot crowd break out into uproarious laughter.

I feel so awful for her. I can't believe that this is happening. The senate and Dump will step on anyone, anywhere, anytime in order to further their agenda. It makes me sick to my stomach.
October 04, 2018
The United States doesn't exist anymore. We are no longer a nation of laws. We are a piece of shit banana republic.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 04, 2018
Now I understand why party people have always bothered me so much. They put their own pleasure ahead of anyone else's needs or rights. The only thing they care about is they get to have their fun, no matter what that fun might be doing to somebody else. Their mentality does not change when they get older.

I agree the U. S. is going to shit. Once upon a time it had some intelligence and class, those days are gone.
October 05, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/everyone-talks-roe-v-wade-women-health-groups-131106746--abc-news-topstories.html

I wonder if the whole "It's fine it will just go back to the individual states" is a little too optimistic
October 05, 2018
"Funny how Rethuglicans are all about states' rights until they don't like the rights the states have."

The ACLU has filed a friend of the court brief in favor of applying double jeopardy to the states too. So Chumpy and the ACLU are on the same side. Talk about irony.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login