Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo-titlement - 'I can't get a job 'cause I'm a Mawm!'

Posted by nokidsandhappy 
Moo-titlement - 'I can't get a job 'cause I'm a Mawm!'
October 01, 2018
https://www.nurseuncut.com.au/aprils-story-nursing-is-inflexible-and-hostile-to-mothers/

Warning - the entitlement and self-righteousness of this bint is overboard. She lows about the hospital being flexible with working Mawms, but now their not. I suspect they learned their lessons with too many liberties taken by lazy Moos abusing the privilege, and continuously pulling the 'have to look after kids' cards. The thing is that nursing rosters are well known in being completely antisocial hours, as it's a 24 hour essential service. Every nurse is expected to work these hours, as it's part of the contract they sign - but as usual the Moos think that this doesn't apply to them, or worse hoover up all the decent hours, so the rest have to cover their entitled and lazy asses.

Meh, my heart bleeds for them .... NOT!
Re: Moo-titlement - 'I can't get a job 'cause I'm a Mawm!'
October 01, 2018

I hope my colleagues will read it and understand that it’s not about mums wanting the best shifts or choosing to be difficult.

Yeah, she's not fooling anyone with THAT bullshit line, and she's getting a lot of smack from the comments section - mainly from other working mothers, and grandmothers who are now retired.
October 01, 2018
Well, we all know that they don't say a word about shift work throughout school and training. Then the first day on the job they spring it on the nurses! Work is shift work. Nurses have to flexible and their lives have to accommodate shift work. Who knew?

And this moo sounds especially greedy. She wants her favorite hours and the big paycheck because she is a self proclaimed "valuable skilled nurse". Clearly the economy doesn't support her entitled opinion. There are either too many moos and duhs who expect special favors and their preferred shift (my guess is this is it) or there are enough nurses out there that the place she worked at could afford to make all nurses work shift work. Sounds like the hospital pays more but expects shift work in return. And I love that everyone is equal so none of that whining (parent!) to your co-worker to cover your shift. In all likelihood the co-worker is a parent too.

Any job I've had that requires any hours outside the norm has had parents bitching about it because kids. They always think they are entitled to work whatever hours appeal to them while others take the crap hours. And some have the nerve to call it fair. Be nice to the future cancer curers you're raising and once they've made their millions perhaps they will pay off your house and fund your retirement.
October 03, 2018
freya
Be nice to the future cancer curers you're raising and once they've made their millions perhaps they will pay off your house and fund your retirement.

OMG this is great ^^^^. I never try to actively lift anyone's quotes, but there's little chance I won't say this or something similar to a self righteous relative with kids in the next few years.
October 04, 2018
Why should Moos be immune to the laws of economic reality?

She wrote:

"I made the decision to switch to practice nursing and I love working at a local medical centre. I had to take a 25 percent pay cut, I’m working casually, some weeks all my pay goes to childcare and it’s a shame that my years of intensive care experience aren’t being utilised, but that’s the price I pay to ensure my kids are looked after while I’m at work. And it would seem that I’m a minority, others in my situation are leaving the profession altogether or putting up with the inflexibility, but at what cost?"

I don't know why she thinks she's so special. (Rhetorical statement--she thinks she's so special because she shat out brats.)

She's trading a set schedule for less pay. This is standard practice in nursing.
October 04, 2018
bell_flower

She's trading a set schedule for less pay. This is standard practice in nursing.

It's standard practice at most jobs where the bosses are nice enough to offer a flexible schedule.

Moo should be kissing their asses.

But no, she'd rather complain she cant' take the same home the full pay like everyone working 40 set hours a week, like the self-entitled Moo that she is.
October 07, 2018
childfreeadvocate
freya
Be nice to the future cancer curers you're raising and once they've made their millions perhaps they will pay off your house and fund your retirement.

OMG this is great ^^^^. I never try to actively lift anyone's quotes, but there's little chance I won't say this or something similar to a self righteous relative with kids in the next few years.

Thanks! Say it as much as you want. Most of the stuff I say isn't worth repeating or quoting.
October 07, 2018
bell_flower
Why should Moos be immune to the laws of economic reality?

She wrote:

"I made the decision to switch to practice nursing and I love working at a local medical centre. I had to take a 25 percent pay cut, I’m working casually, some weeks all my pay goes to childcare and it’s a shame that my years of intensive care experience aren’t being utilised, but that’s the price I pay to ensure my kids are looked after while I’m at work. And it would seem that I’m a minority, others in my situation are leaving the profession altogether or putting up with the inflexibility, but at what cost?"

I don't know why she thinks she's so special. (Rhetorical statement--she thinks she's so special because she shat out brats.)

Everyone has to make decisions that may hurt their ability to earn more income. Most teachers give up the ability to earn a high income. There are people out there that lack the money or ability to become a nurse. And there are people who spend tons of money in school and end up a stay at home moo or duh. And plenty of people change careers. We all make these decisions for ourselves. What is really annoying is when someone makes a choice and then bitterly complains about it. Teachers who whine about the income (it isn't a secret that it is low), nurses who breed and get angry that they can't command the highest salary because they have to have a flexible schedule or breeders who sluice then whine about the costs, the lifestyle changes, etc. There are plenty of people who are in situations they did not choose and are worse off than these whiners.

I miss the 80s-90s when it was considered uncool to whine about (self-inflicted) problems and glorification of the victim culture didn't exist. At least at one time people used to one-up each other with accomplishments now they one-up on who is the biggest victim (of their own choices) and why. When people do this to me I throw ridiculous lies at them because it is all ridiculous to me and it is the only way to shut it down the utter nonsense that somehow qualifies as conversation to some people.
October 08, 2018
I give teachers a pass. They get to complain about their shitty income when more and more responsibilities have been added to their plate in the past 30 years. Teachers now have to be not just educators, but parents, etiquette trainers, tard wranglers, advocates, and negotiators to deal with the bureaucratic bullshit the school board and administrators like to dump out. They have to buy all their classroom needs out of pocket and they can’t get the shit-for-brains breeders to help out because breeders just complain about why should they have to contribute to their child’s education or plead poverty. And then when the little idiots in the classrooms fail or fuck up, 100% of the blame goes onto the teachers. A $25000/year salary no longer cuts it, hence why they’ve been going on strike and there’s been a revolving door of teachers now. It’s no longer an era where somebody teaches for 20-30 years and retires.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 08, 2018
paragon schnitzophonic
I give teachers a pass. They get to complain about their shitty income when more and more responsibilities have been added to their plate in the past 30 years. Teachers now have to be not just educators, but parents, etiquette trainers, tard wranglers, advocates, and negotiators to deal with the bureaucratic bullshit the school board and administrators like to dump out. They have to buy all their classroom needs out of pocket and they can’t get the shit-for-brains breeders to help out because breeders just complain about why should they have to contribute to their child’s education or plead poverty. And then when the little idiots in the classrooms fail or fuck up, 100% of the blame goes onto the teachers. A $25000/year salary no longer cuts it, hence why they’ve been going on strike and there’s been a revolving door of teachers now. It’s no longer an era where somebody teaches for 20-30 years and retires.

Shit, I was in a school district that paid really well and I STILL left because of all the things you mentioned. I got tired of having 0% of the decision making power but 100% of the blame when stuff went wrong (and being set up for failure most of the time). I’d rather get paid half as much in a different field but be given the freedom to make my own decisions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 08, 2018
Fucking hell, I was only an aide in the library for like 3 hours a day and even I got fucked over.

I had to do all kinds of shit that wasn't in my job description, they didn't even show me how to do a lot of it and told me after six weeks that I "had enough time to figure it out by now" and to "just be firm with the students." And then when either I or the librarian tried to discipline some of the little bastards, the principal would overrule us and then yell at us for punishing the ill-behaved brats. They also royally chewed my ass for daring to work even a minute or two past quitting time, but I'd better fucking have gotten all my work done. Usually I did, but when kids come in five minutes before it's time to leave because they need a book, I can't tell them to fuck off.

You couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher. If it had a seven figure salary, full benefits, paid vacation, a yearly bonus and pay raise, work-provided vehicle, free unlimited coffee, and someone who comes to my desk and goes down on me every hour, I still wouldn't do it. Teachers are expected to do so many different jobs, take blame and verbal abuse from parents, students and administrators, spend personal time doing work stuff, and buy all their own supplies all for a piddly salary. Even the strongest folks can only take so much of that shit before they get burned out and figure being a shelf stocker at WalMart is heavenly in comparison.
October 09, 2018
I don't automatically assume this of everyone doing jobs that look shitty to me (low pay, bad hours, hard or boring work), because they may enjoy the work, but those who seem to feel about it the same way I do about the job either lacked intelligence or opportunity to do something better. I do feel sorry for people who lacked opportunity, but as I see it, most lacked intelligence. If you lacked opportunity but then go on to compound your situation with an ill-advised expense like a baby, you're clearly in the category of people too stupid to improve yourself. Anyone with sense would focus on changing an unhappy situation rather than ensuring they'll never, ever get out of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login