Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My friend is babysitting...wait for it....

Posted by cfuter 
My friend is babysitting...wait for it....
October 01, 2018
A SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD!

My friend tells me she is babysitting for a friend of hers. I'm not sure if I ever got to the story she was gonna tell, because I then ask her, "how old is Audrey's youngest that you need to babysit?" Answer 17. I'm like what???? Why does a 17 yr old need a babysitter? HE WANTS IT!!!!!

When his mom's not around he wants a responsible adult around to check in on him and make sure he's ok. We talked about how prosperous this was for awhile, she just said "today's kids are much different than we were" but she goes on...but that didn't stop him from going out till 3:30a on July 4th. She texted him and said it was stormy by her, did he need anything? He said he was having a blast and the weather by him was fine. I said, this doesnt make sense, staying out to 3:30a is illegal for a 17 yr old but he wants an adult checking up on him? She just said she wants somebody to check on him, make sure he's ok. I didn't even get into, if you're just texting him at 3:30a, cant his mom do the same thing from where she is? Or his best friends' mom check in on him, at least he might be with his best friend.

But this must be the kid who at 16, his mommy went with him to buy new underwear for the school season. I asked my hub if he ever did this w/ his mom, he said a big NO. and, he even lived walking distance from the local mall.

I would die in this world where your mom can text you every minute of the day, the car monitors your behavior and has GPS to tell 'em where you are and they have cars that won't let your kids drive in certain areas and won't let them drive at certain times. My whole world was doing things behind my mom's back, but I wouldnt have been the adult I am today w/o all that becuz my parents could be super overprotective.

I'm so glad to be CF since this is the progeny that has come out of the helicopter,altar-worshiping movement that started in the 90s till now. We childfrees predicted this behavior, and it certainly has come true in spades. And, we wonder why they won't move out of mommies house,even tho they are like 29-30 yrs old.
Re: My friend is babysitting...wait for it....
October 01, 2018
Wow. At 17 I was a freshman in college, living in my own dorm room across the country from Mom and Dad. I don't even have a fucking reference point for this wimpy, mamby-pamby, little teen-child who wants a babysitter. Holy hop toads.

The closest I ever came to having a "sitter" as a teen was when my parents went on a trip to Hawaii. I was still in school, my older siblings were off at college. At any rate, I was SO hoping I'd get the house to myself the entire time but they did have a family friend check in on me...BUT...I was like 14 years old, not old enough to be left in charge of the house for days and days on end. The family friend would mostly just stop by in the evening after I'd had dinner and stay in my parents' room overnight. I also knew I could call her if I had any questions or an emergency came up or anything. It seemed a good balance.

I can't even imagine having a babysitter when one is old enough to drive! For the last couple years of high school I did have a curfew (mostly so I'd get enough damn sleep), but I was trusted alone in the house.
October 01, 2018
randomcfchick
Wow. At 17 I was a freshman in college, living in my own dorm room across the country from Mom and Dad. I don't even have a fucking reference point for this wimpy, mamby-pamby, little teen-child who wants a babysitter. Holy hop toads.

The closest I ever came to having a "sitter" as a teen was when my parents went on a trip to Hawaii. I was still in school, my older siblings were off at college. At any rate, I was SO hoping I'd get the house to myself the entire time but they did have a family friend check in on me...BUT...I was like 14 years old, not old enough to be left in charge of the house for days and days on end. The family friend would mostly just stop by in the evening after I'd had dinner and stay in my parents' room overnight. I also knew I could call her if I had any questions or an emergency came up or anything. It seemed a good balance.

I can't even imagine having a babysitter when one is old enough to drive! For the last couple years of high school I did have a curfew (mostly so I'd get enough damn sleep), but I was trusted alone in the house.

I was left alone for the evening at 12 without qualms. I was a fucking TARD and I was left home alone at 12. I was also a latchkey kid, when I was 15 I came home from school to an empty house and let myself into the home, fix a snack, do homework, whatever kids did when alone.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 01, 2018
^^ Yep, did the latchkey kid thing sometimes after school when I was in junior high. It depended on my mom's work and class schedule and wasn't every day, but I took care of myself until she got home.

I think my parents drew the line at leaving a 14 year old alone for a solid week (the Hawaii trip). They just wanted someone in the house at night, and someone I could call if I needed something.
October 01, 2018
I was the sitter and not sitted except once past the age of 12.

We just moved to a new town when I was 15. My parents returned to pick up another load of stuff and decided to stay the night. I didn't know anyone and planned to cook a meal, read and stay with my grandmother. Maybe we'd garden once the heat wore off for the day or watch a movie.

Que a family friend barreling over there like it is some SWAT mission, beating down the door and demanding I stay at her house. I forgot how she found out my parents were gone (she called and asked for them? not sure). Although she had cooler things to play with (animals!) I was insulted beyond belief that it was any of her business where I stayed in the first place. I was also insulted that she came barging over there like I was going to throw some orgy or run away or something. I had stayed with my grandparents previously and there never had been any issues. I knew better at much younger age than to test the boundaries/respect of grandparents.

Anywho, she had to physically remove me from the house as I didn't go willing because she wasn't my parent, witch. My parents were overprotective enough as it is. I recall more than once as a teenager she came over to me and tried to shame me for being introverted. Introversion wasn't allowed at our church but adults being overbearing asses was blessed.

And her brat is the one who was caught at a party and greatly embarrassed his family a few months later. All these idiots from church went to the party (one held by some church member) with alcohol or whatever even though I warned them that at least one of them would slip and tell a parent and then they would all be in trouble. There is always one stupid kid/teen who messes it up for everyone if there are more than one in a group. I knew the parents would all gang up and question any kid who attended the party to get all the facts. I was the only one who stayed far away from that cluster fuck. Not sure who told, think the parents of the girl who threw it found out because it was probably very obvious things weren't the same as when they left. I didn't say anything to anyone because the whole thing was stupid IMO.

I laughed when my parents told me about the party. I still had to endure the 2 hour interrogation (despite the fact that no one had confirmed me being at the party and I had been home that night) but played completely ignorant. Yes, I heard them talking about it and yes I was invited. No, I don't know all the names of everyone invited because I didn't care to listen. No, I don't know who attended and to be honest I don't care. How could I possibly know who attended unless I attended? Where is the logic in this questioning anyways?

So glad I don't have to deal with any of this nonsense or hysterical people.
October 01, 2018
Yeesh. I was a latchkey kid starting as a 9-year old 5th grader. I would be at home by myself for a few hours until my sister or parents got home. I’d fix a snack, do my homework, and just chill until the parents came home to make dinner. And like randomcfchick, I was a college freshman at 17, living in a completely different state and a seven-hour drive from home. My mom would call to check up on me weekly, but that’s a mom thing to do. Not something that required hiring a babysitter.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 01, 2018
I kind of know the feeling, only it wasn't at my behest. My mother would choose to forego nights out when I was a teenager because someone might break into the house and kill me, but then she'd turn around and bitch about all the fun she could have been having if she didn't "have to" stay home. I can't imagine actually requesting a sitter at that age. Also, why's he need a sitter if he's going out partying until 3 in the morning? A sitter is someone who watches your ass at home.

If this kid goes to college, his professors are going to HATE him because I guarantee he'll have his mommy calling constantly about his grades or finding out if someone at the school can check on him or make sure someone goes to his room to tell him to wash behind his ears and make sure he wipes his ass. Who's going to babysit him when he's an adult? Fucking hell, these kids aren't going to have any idea how to function as adults with all this hand-holding their parents are doing. No wonder they're considering extending adolescence to age 24 (or maybe 26).
October 02, 2018
Yeah, I don't understand any of it. He's a good kid, and probably does really well in school. I didn't want to act too judgy as when I'm discussing this, even tho I know she knows this isn't normal, she was just accepting of it. So, I couldnt ask all the very obvious questions we all have. This likely is the guy too that doesnt have his driver's license, like so many Millennials because why would I need it, I can't afford gas, insurance or a car, so I'm not getting my license bullshit they do now. Besides, I can take Uber anywhere I want blah blah blah. Well, another day my friend is 'babysitting', she's going to his house before 6am to take him to his sports event at the high school. Once I got home, I'm thinking if this dude can stay out all night long on the fourth of july, he can get his own ass up, and Uber or bus it to the fucking high school.. Or, he could go w/ the parents of one of his teammates, he doesn't need my friend to wake up at 5am across the city, to drive over 10 miles to his house to drive him 3-5 miles to school.

I am sure my friend is just trying to be a good friend to her friend, and maybe feels a bit complimented that the kid and mom trust her w/ this responsibility. She's a bit more CL vs CF. I was just thinking ....the mom and kid live in a 2 flat w/ a friend that bought the flat together, why can't she be the 'check in' person????? None of it makes sense, but I didnt want to make my friend defensive, and look like a curmudgeon in the meantime.

As many friends I have that think today's kids are at the very least perpetual babies, when it comes to their own, or in this case, her best friends' kids, they just go along w/ the stupid Millennial program. I'm not sure I would accept if I was asked to do this.
October 02, 2018
Huh. I remember being six years old, walking home from school (I was in first grade), letting myself into the apartment and locking the door behind me. I was instructed by my mother (who was a single mother and working in a hair salon) to sit in my rocking chair in the living room, watch cartoons and wait for her to come home.

I started loaf-sitting around age 12. I was responsible for kids of various ages. It also solidified my decision not to sluice. I did it for a few years before I went on to clean houses when I got a bit older.

Modern loaves are fucking PUSSIES if they require loaf-sitters at 17. I left my home and moved in with my best friend when I was 18. Shortly after I left, my mother gave her notice for the 2 bedroom apartment we lived in, and got herself a 1 bedroom.
October 02, 2018
Of course they are pussies, they have been treated like veal since their day of birth. The kids in my immediate neighborhood, dont even play in front of their house in the summer, even when adults are home. Lawsuits making schools responsible for everything under the sun, has made them indoctrinate, and over supervise every aspect of childhood, so they dont get sued when someone calls Bratly 'four-eyes' behind teacher's back. Feelings are more important than anything. And safety is the utmost importance(for other caretakers, not parents, they get to look away for "just a second" and are not responsible for anything.) Between the PC indoctrination and the safety/scary world indoctrination, kids have fallen for all the bullshit and never want to grow up. Yes, I was a latchkey kid since 3rd grade. I was dating my husband by the time I was 17.

The 11-12 yr old girl across my street has never be around the block by herself or gone for a bike ride for the five yrs she lived here. The only time she has even been on my side of the street, is when her parents close the street off for one their 'block parties'. I've never seen her even take out a bag of garbage or help w/ any of the outdoor chores for even five mins. I'm home all day and most all my windows look right at their property, plus they literally keep their lights on all day and have the drapes wide open. It is like watch a TV show w/o sound. They literally walk to and from the minivan and go inside the house, even on weekends and all summer long. "going out to play" probably means nothing to them as they certainly never do it like we did every single non school day.

This is one thing I dont understand about modern breeding, if the world is sooo dangerous in a neighborhood that has .001 violent crime in it, why have a kid if you have to shelter them 24-7. What a life! what a childhood! So of course today's parents have to take off of work to have a 15 yr old try on pants before the uniform store closes, or to drive them 3 blocks if there's a sprinkling of snow on the ground. We couldnt' wait to be independent, and todays kids dread it, even as they approach 35 yrs old.
October 03, 2018
cfuter

This is one thing I dont understand about modern breeding, if the world is sooo dangerous in a neighborhood that has .001 violent crime in it, why have a kid if you have to shelter them 24-7. What a life! what a childhood! .

What about these breeders who share horrible news stories in between crotchfruit pics, and say shit like "I can't believe this is world I'm raising my child in".

You can't believe it??? Really??? Kennedy was assassinated, 911 was less than 20 years ago, and there's 8 billion people and counting fighting over the remaining resources.

You knew that shit going in!!!!!

It's never a tragedy the world is going to shit for the people already here - never. It's only a tragedy it's going to shit when it might effect MUH KIDDDD!!!!!!!!!
October 04, 2018
paragon, you get a high five. Let's hear it for minors starting college across the country from their home state! In my case it was about a 12 hour drive (I did it in less...I drove fast across them Great Plains!). My parents had no qualms about me being so far from home. Their only rule was be a good human and get good grades.

I am SO damn grateful I grew up when I did. I think I was toward the tail end of the era when children had some freedom...but also some responsibilities. My parents were very caring and thoughtful, but they didn't treat me like I was made of glass. I feel sorry for today's over-managed, over-programmed little wimps.
October 06, 2018
randomcfchick

I am SO damn grateful I grew up when I did. I think I was toward the tail end of the era when children had some freedom...but also some responsibilities. My parents were very caring and thoughtful, but they didn't treat me like I was made of glass. I feel sorry for today's over-managed, over-programmed little wimps.

And over complimented and over supported, if that can be a thing. When I'm around my friends who might even be PNBs, they are constantly stroking their kids' egos w/ meaningless compliments. Once my friend praised her 11-12 yr old for sweating when she played w/ the Wii. I guarantee no parent ever said that to any kid in the history of playing and sweating before this modern age.

Or, they are getting a hug and some support for every random nothing bad thing that went wrong that day. I haven't heard any parent ever put these things in perspective. No one they think the world revolves around them. I was watching an old sitcom and the mom told the daughter that disappointment was part of growing up after she consoled her a bit. I'm like God, no one would ever say that now, whether it was on TV or IRL.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login