Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Now we're supposed to wait to eat at restaurants

Posted by mr. neptune 
Now we're supposed to wait to eat at restaurants
October 07, 2018
Because the parents need the time between 4:30 and 6:00 to take their kids to restaurants and not get a "stink eye".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/a-plea-stay-out-of-restaurants-before-6pm-if-you-dont-have-kids/ar-BBNY8az?ocid=spartandhp
Re: Now we're supposed to wait to eat at restaurants
October 07, 2018
mr. neptune
Because the parents need the time between 4:30 and 6:00 to take their kids to restaurants and not get a "stink eye".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/a-plea-stay-out-of-restaurants-before-6pm-if-you-dont-have-kids/ar-BBNY8az?ocid=spartandhp

Entitlement minded much?

I'll stay out of the restaurant between 5 - 6:30pm under the condition that I NEVER, EVER have to see or hear a child under 16 in any decent, adult restaurant or bar after 7:00 pm.

I was out last night at a very good, very expensive seafood place ($100 person), and a couple brings in a toddler at 10:00 pm. The waiters just stared.

What say you lurking breeders? I am game.
October 07, 2018
Wow.

No wonder there's no comment section - non-childed people and responsible parents alike would tear this joker a new one.

or at the very least someone else to make the food and alcohol for us and clean up the inevitable detritus our child monsters will leave behind, so we can all be fed and done and dramatically overtip in an hour

Okay, straight away you can smell the bullshit. Any breeder who would let their kid(s) leave a fuckton of mess in a restaurant, would NEVER tip well (or at all if they can get away with it).

Why are you here at 5:15pm? What made you come to this restaurant before 6pm

Maybe because we're having dinner before we're going out to the movies? Maybe because I'm in work early tomorrow morning and don't want to get home too late to enjoy a nice hot bath? Or maybe - just maybe - because it's a free fucking country and I can go to a restaurant whenever I feel like it.

You don’t need to be in the restaurant this early. The only people who should be in the restaurant at this time are families and old people with limited hearing who have a mandate to be back at their homes before Bones reruns start.

So everyone works 9-5 yeah? No one could possibly be on a rotating shift and having a nice meal before their night shift starts...

we need to be around people with like-minded missions, who will just shake their heads knowingly when it all crumbles and we’re forced to hit eject. And we can’t do it while you’re there shadow murmuring and staring, or turning around in your chair to glare, or sighing audibly several times

How about you teach your kids basic fucking table manners BEFORE you inflict them on the public? Manners begin in the home you feckless wonder. I'm not stupid; sometimes, no matter how well you train your heathen spawn, they will have a tantrum in public over little to nothing, HOWEVER, that does not give you carte blanche to ask people to give you an entire HOUR AND A HALF block of time in which to bring your little shits to a semi-hip (dog, I hate that term) eatery where they DON'T FUCKING BELONG.
October 07, 2018
What a self-important douche nozzle.

And as aside it's always infuriating to see the conditions that breeders and their spawn leave for waitstaff. I've seen entire stations have to be wiped down and vacuumed and you practically have to call in the EPA after they are gone. Even evil "Dr." Whora, who claims to be some kind of strict badass parent wrote in one of her books about taking her kid to a restaurant. She wrote that he was "well behaved" because he was "happily decimating crackers." It's so entitlement minded to expect waitstaff to clean up your filthy mess.
October 07, 2018
Since when have parents ever given a fuck about other people's reactions to their brats in restaurants? They seem pretty fucking oblivious to the world when their child is screaming loud enough to cause satellite interference and they act like they don't hear a thing.

There's so much bullshit in this "article" that you could dry it out and fertilize a garden. There is no such thing as a breeder who overtips, and I'd wager that a breeder that tips at all is a critically endangered species. Most of them don't tip anything, yet they run servers ragged, want 75 different substitutions because of their snowflakes' made-up allergies, constantly need refills because the kids are either pigs and chug their drinks or throw them on the floor, and then they complain about everything, usually in the hopes of getting free food. Breeders are, hands down, the WORST kinds of diners (customers in general, really).

But fine, I'd be game for this little plan under two conditions:

- All restaurants that participate must have signs up outside saying that it's "family hour" between 5 and 6:30 so I know to not fucking go there (that night or ever again). Yes, I think that restaurants should have to agree to do this rather than being universally accepted.

- Breeders aren't allowed to patronize non-family restaurants outside the 5pm-6:30pm window. They're so adamant about those hours being just for them, then they don't get to go anywhere other than famblee feeding troughs like Old Country Buffet and fast food outlets between the hours of 6:30pm and 5pm the next day. They want their scheduled meal times, fine. Stay the hell out of everywhere else so the rest of us can eat in peace!

Sounds like just a lot of breeder whining and attempted justification for poor parenting. It boils down to, "We're shitty parents and you're not allowed to dislike that, but we deserve to eat more than you, so get the fuck out!" They want to discriminate against non-parents and empty nesters by claiming the busiest time window for most restaurants for themselves because KIDS, but they'll also be the first ones frothing at the mouth if some other restaurant establishes an age limit that would exclude their precious brats. Funny how that pendulum only swings in one direction as far as breeders are concerned.

And fuck this assclown for telling me that I don't "need" to be in a restaurant at a certain hour. Bitch, nobody needs to be in a restaurant at a certain time, including you and your unruly brood! I hope this fuckwad gets food poisoning and shits himself to death while his kids watch.
October 08, 2018
Nah, how about non-family-friendly-oriented restaurants ban all children and breeders can take their ill-behaved brood out to the Red Robin or Cracker Barrel or stay home and stuff them full of chicken tenders and blue box macaroni & cheese and let them tear up the house that you have to clean and not some minimum-wage employee.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 08, 2018
paragon schnitzophonic
Nah, how about non-family-friendly-oriented restaurants ban all children and breeders can take their ill-behaved brood out to the Red Robin or Cracker Barrel or stay home and stuff them full of chicken tenders and blue box macaroni & cheese and let them tear up the house that you have to clean and not some minimum-wage employee.

The Red Robin near me enforces the 21+ rule in the bar area. It’s pretty great, actually.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 08, 2018
paragon schnitzophonic

But they'd much rather go out so then someone else can clean up after their brats for a change. They "deserve" a break, after all! Even if it comes at the expense of another person. Breeders have this lovely tendency of assuming their responsibilities as parents are suspended once they enter a restaurant. They'll just order food and wine and pretend like their kids aren't theirs and proceed to completely ignore them. Meanwhile, the hyperactive little retards are doing laps around the dining room, hiding under other people's tables, barfing in the potted plants, and screaming bloody murder for no reason other than because they can.

"Deserve" is a word breeders like to throw around a lot. They deserve the world on a platter because they chose to breed, they are the VIPs and take precedent over everyone else, they deserve to be treated like royalty while acting like scum and you'll love them for it if you know what's good for you. Funny how other lifestyle choices aren't "deserving" of special treatment. I chose to have my ears pierced - didn't have to do it, but did because I wanted to. Where's my special dining privileges? Sounds awfully silly when I say it like that, just as silly as it sounds for breeders to get special treatment.
October 09, 2018
I think dr. Laura is the type who probably try and sweep crumbs together or clean up as much as possible. I've listened to her on and off for quite a while and technically, the advice she gives if people adhere to it before they got enmeshed would stave off a lot of the crap that we see. Might also cut down on a lot of unwanted children, at least unwanted after mommy's 24 years old and has five kids. And yeah I disagree with her from time to time

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 09, 2018
Cambion
But they'd much rather go out so then someone else can clean up after their brats for a change. They "deserve" a break, after all! Even if it comes at the expense of another person. Breeders have this lovely tendency of assuming their responsibilities as parents are suspended once they enter a restaurant. They'll just order food and wine and pretend like their kids aren't theirs and proceed to completely ignore them. Meanwhile, the hyperactive little retards are doing laps around the dining room, hiding under other people's tables, barfing in the potted plants, and screaming bloody murder for no reason other than because they can.

"Deserve" is a word breeders like to throw around a lot. They deserve the world on a platter because they chose to breed, they are the VIPs and take precedent over everyone else, they deserve to be treated like royalty while acting like scum and you'll love them for it if you know what's good for you. Funny how other lifestyle choices aren't "deserving" of special treatment. I chose to have my ears pierced - didn't have to do it, but did because I wanted to. Where's my special dining privileges? Sounds awfully silly when I say it like that, just as silly as it sounds for breeders to get special treatment.

It has been a long time since I've seen a commercial but McDonalds claimed for the longest time that a break was deserved. Maybe parents "deserve" to go there? They can have it from 5-6:30 p.m.
October 10, 2018
LoveToLurk
paragon schnitzophonic

The Red Robin near me enforces the 21+ rule in the bar area. It’s pretty great, actually.

Yup, the spouse and I often dine in the bar area of restaurants for this very reason. It's the only way I eat at Red Robin. There's an Old Spaghetti Factory near us in which the ENTIRE UPSTAIRS is designated as a bar area. We've had some really nice evenings there. The lights are set lower, there's little candle-lights around everywhere, and they've generally created a nice atmosphere...I kinda wonder if they are aware that the downstairs is mayhem, and are quietly trying to attract the non-childed crowd upstairs?
October 10, 2018
This is such blatant discrimination of the CL, CF and the empty nesters. I'm shocked by how 'out there' they make it.

My mother took me to restaurants when I was a kid, but I was taught how to behave in one...drumroll please...AT HOME! My mother would NEVER have taken me to a restaurant if I were a feral brat, and I knew it. If I did act out, I would have been promptly removed and not taken again until I was ready.

I feel bad for the servers who have to clean up after these breeders, and put up with the complaints from other customers. If I walk into a restaurant and see breeders in there, I usually turn around and leave. My husband and I don't go to restaurants too often, but we are good tippers and we're quite considerate of the staff. After working in retail, I understand some of the crappola they have to put up with. No amount of money is worth some of the shit they put up with.

Sorry if I sound extra cranky today, I've been dealing with acute bronchitis. I suspect my husband and I got the flu after being exposed somewhere in a grocery store or something. Husband calls it the Walmart Flu, but I think it's more like Captain Trips.
October 10, 2018
lurker-derp

Why are you here at 5:15pm? What made you come to this restaurant before 6pm

Maybe because we're having dinner before we're going out to the movies? Maybe because I'm in work early tomorrow morning and don't want to get home too late to enjoy a nice hot bath? Or maybe - just maybe - because it's a free fucking country and I can go to a restaurant whenever I feel like it.

Or maybe because that's a common dinner time for the US and we're hungry.

lurker-derp

You don’t need to be in the restaurant this early. The only people who should be in the restaurant at this time are families and old people with limited hearing who have a mandate to be back at their homes before Bones reruns start.

So everyone works 9-5 yeah? No one could possibly be on a rotating shift and having a nice meal before their night shift starts...

Wow, fuck that bitch. I've had more than one job that ended before 5:00. The gall for her to decide who should and shouldn't be out at what hours is amazing...sort of like the guy who declared handicap spaces should be available to everyone after 5 pm because there's "no reason" for handicapped people to be out at any time other than between 9 and 5. eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login