Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The pope can be hilarious

Posted by cfdavep 
The pope can be hilarious
October 10, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-francis-abortion-like-hiring-hitman-solve-problem-132259364.html
Re: The pope can be hilarious
October 11, 2018
You mean: an asshole.
October 11, 2018
Well see the problem with his comparison is that hitmen are hired to kill people who are SENTIENT. Abortion doesn't kill anything that's conscious. Also, when this asshole in a dress has given birth a few times, I'd love to hear his stance on abortion.

Also, more people have been killed in the name of God than any other reason, so I don't want to hear his verbal diarrhea about whose version of murder is more justified. I think he's just salty because fewer fetuses = fewer altar boys.
October 15, 2018
Perhaps he needs to have his memory refreshed about the origins of infant baptism, being that it is a Catholic tradition and all. During the 4th century any baby was considered property which could be thrown out the door, killed without any repercussions and didn't have a soul until it was decided by the parents to baptize the child. It was literally a matter of life and death as additional mouths could cause the family to starve. Only after the baptism would the church recognize the consciousness and the parents would face any liability if the baby was injured. It is just so ironic that the church that stands against abortion has such a fuzzy line that is arbitrary to the times for what constitutes murder.

More than anything the church wants to control others and knows the way to do this is through reproduction rights, that is what this talk is about. Issuing guilt to church members is a great way to insure they remain a captive audience and reproduce the next generations of church members. Not too long ago devout Catholics were strictly forbidden from using birth control, think that it no longer the case. Guess the times were seen as prosperous but as good as that sounds I've known more than one poor Catholic family that would have been way better off with less or no mouths to feed.

I'd respect organized religion much more if it were less about fundamentalism - telling people what to do and how to live their lives and more about arming them with love and a judgement-free place to worship and rejoice.
October 15, 2018
Yep, he's hilarious alright - hilariously out of touch with reality.

Comparing the pre-meditated murder of a living, breathing, sentient creature, with the removal of a clump of cells from a woman's uterus is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard someone say.

Unless, instead of getting a safe, legal abortion, the duh-to-be pushes the woman down the stairs or spikes her drink with crushed abortion pills. In THAT case, yes, it is attempted murder (of the woman, I mean).
October 15, 2018
I think it is great that he's showing the true colors of the institution he represents. It was getting on my nerves how many people were fooled by his cuddly persona into thinking that it was all not so bad...well, now the child abuse scandal is really coming out even more, and he is showing that they haven't changed their position in any way on the rights of others. I hope this spurs even more people to abandon this corrupt institution.
October 15, 2018
There are far more miscarriages than intentional abortions, so God is the most prolific fetus-murderer. Why isn’t he mad at him?
October 15, 2018
I don’t think religion and abortion are incomparable. I think the people that say it is don’t understand biologically what a zygote or fetus actually is. I’m a Christian and pro choice because I get that a fetus or zygote isn’t an actual baby, like people lie to say it is.

I think they just need to be better educated on biology. Why is a strawberry not a pear? Because the cells in a strawberry are not the same cells in a pear, it is a biologically distinct thing. Why is a fetus not a baby? Because it doesn’t meet the requirements of personhood. Remember, A Monkey Made Orange Cake to Offer in October 31st, atoms molecules macromolecules organelles cells tissues organs, organ systems, organism. If it’s below organism it isn’t a person. Simple as that.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
October 15, 2018
contemplativeintrovert
I don’t think religion and abortion are incomparable. I think the people that say it is don’t understand biologically what a zygote or fetus actually is. I’m a Christian and pro choice because I get that a fetus or zygote isn’t an actual baby, like people lie to say it is.

I think they just need to be better educated on biology. Why is a strawberry not a pear? Because the cells in a strawberry are not the same cells in a pear, it is a biologically distinct thing. Why is a fetus not a baby? Because it doesn’t meet the requirements of personhood. Remember, A Monkey Made Orange Cake to Offer in October 31st, atoms molecules macromolecules organelles cells tissues organs, organ systems, organism. If it’s below organism it isn’t a person. Simple as that.

For some religion and science are incompatible, within the fundamentalist sects anyways. I like your analogy and am now craving orange cake made by a monkey.
October 15, 2018
freya

For some religion and science are incompatible, within the fundamentalist sects anyways. I like your analogy and am now craving orange cake made by a monkey.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I wrote this before work, and you can tell I was hungry. I was craving strawberries when that analogy came to mind haha. The a monkey made orange cake thing {is it an acronym? What would this be called?} isn’t mine. I leaned it in high school. Shoutout to Mrs. Dameron for making anatomy easy to remember.

You’re right. Fundamentalists like to push an agenda it seems and they are using religion to do it. I hate it. I also hate how political and religious beliefs now are being treated not like individual beliefs held by individuals but like a group of beliefs held by individuals. It’s like society thinks you are either {pro life + religious + anti LGBT + laseiz fare + pro 2a + pro hunting + anti environment + anti woman} OR you are {pro choice + atheist + pro LGBTQ + communist + pro gun control + pro green energy + pro women’s rights}. As someone who has beliefs in both groups, it irritates me. We’re not going to solve any of the worlds problems if we see someone who is one of those and automatically peg them as the rest. We need to be able to communicate our ideas to people with whom we might not be 100% ideologically aligned.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login