Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Man who spiked girlfriend's drink with abortion drug sentenced to 22 years in prison

Posted by freya 
But she didn't drink it and miscarried a few weeks later.

No argument that it was wrong of him to spike the drink and pretty darn evil but again...she didn't drink it.

He was held on a 50 million dollar bond and was sentenced to 22 years in prison. He could have avoided major drama and a prison sentence by having a vasectomy.

Does this mean someone who roofies a drink then rapes the victim will serve a live sentence or is this just more weird fetus worshiping? If the drink is roofied and not imbibed then the person will serve 22 years in prison for an attempt?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-who-spiked-girlfriends-drink-with-abortion-drug-sentenced-to-22-years-in-prison/ar-BBOd7JY?ocid
Clearly fetus worship. Roofies + rape is like a suspended sentence these days, while post-natal abortion is a Crowdfunder.
freya

No argument that it was wrong of him to spike the drink and pretty darn evil but again...she didn't drink it.

He was held on a 50 million dollar bond and was sentenced to 22 years in prison. He could have avoided major drama and a prison sentence by having a vasectomy.

Does this mean someone who roofies a drink then rapes the victim will serve a live sentence or is this just more weird fetus worshiping? If the drink is roofied and not imbibed then the person will serve 22 years in prison for an attempt?

This is so fucked on so many levels

He could've murdered 1 or 2 childfree people, preemptively, with damning hard evidence, and potentially received a lighter sentence.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished, but he should receive the same sentence as someone who spikes a drink with roofies or lsd, without raping or causing someone to go schizo. 3-5 years, maybe. if that. If I were on the jury, and it had 2-3 or more pro life people demanding life in prison or death penalty, I'd probably keep us deadlocked or hung just to fuck with them.
I would be ok with the sentence if it were for the fact that he spiked her drink. I don't care if it were roofies or LSD, the fact that someone thinks it's ok to put something with the potential to cause major harm to someone in their drink is psychotic. But, once again, only the potential life mattered here...not the woman. It's just messed up.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
addiea raine
I would be ok with the sentence if it were for the fact that he spiked her drink. I don't care if it were roofies or LSD, the fact that someone thinks it's ok to put something with the potential to cause major harm to someone in their drink is psychotic. But, once again, only the potential life mattered here...not the woman. It's just messed up.

That's the thing. I'm all right for nailing him to the wall for spiking her drink. But hand out sentences like that to all the guys who do this kind of shit. Rape should bring an even harsher sentence. But you're right, addiea, it should be about the woman, not the fetus. We're not fucking incubators.
kittehpeoples
addiea raine

That's the thing. I'm all right for nailing him to the wall for spiking her drink. But hand out sentences like that to all the guys who do this kind of shit. Rape should bring an even harsher sentence. But you're right, addiea, it should be about the woman, not the fetus. We're not fucking incubators.

Exactly. Punish him for the crime committed. If anything a woman's life is worth more than a fetus. It is convenient because the question would never be about a man versus a fetus.
He was convicted of "attempted first-degree intentional homicide of an unborn child", but she did not consume any of the smoothie he spiked. Let me make it clear that I despise what he did because no one should drug another person without consent, but 22 years for spiking a drink she didn't have? Actual murderers get less time in many states. I wonder what we're not being told here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login