Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back to school equals- parents are rid of their children finally

Posted by Anonymous User 
My husband and I have been public school educators now for over 12 years. Each year we/ I ( he stopped teaching -could not take it any more and I am in a MPH program to get out of the job from hell)get more and more angry at how these parents use the school system for day care services. They drop their precious kids off that they soooooo love, give a quick kiss and then a shove out the car door as they rush up the street for the moment of quiet at the local starbucks. I work at an " at risk school" or getto which ever you perfer- and these parents drop off there kids as the drive off in there 50,000 lincon navigator or the like. Send the kid that they feel will save the world some day- as that is why they had them- to the slaugther. These children are forced to spend a day being shoved around from one teachers agenda to another on top of working not to get beat up by the thugs. Then homework goes home and they call me and tell me how hard it is to be a parent. The cry at how they are working so hard and don't have time to help their kids with math or english or what ever. But they know their kids " education" is so important. Lets get real, what is really important is that they don't have to deal with their kids from 8am to 3pm. It is a gift from the gods, and the tax payers are the those gods. So mom or dad picks them up if they are lucky or the kids walks home- which is the usual case. The kids get involved in extra activities ( drugs, gangs, sex and more kids) now joe tax payer needs to help with special services to help these kids in need. Like I said I get more and more pissed off. I am not having a " kid" as the work load is more than I could take- do these parents have no brain. Did all the cute baby clothes and cute toys cloud their vision and now I have to help them out. Just the other day a woman asked me how early a kid could go to preschool- that she wanted to stop sending her 5 year old or so to daycare as it is so expensive. If she sent them to school and payed the afterschool program fee it would save her money so she could afford day care for the kid she is now pregnant with. CAN YOU SPELL STUPID!!!! ALL LIVES ARE RUINED- HERS - HIS AND THE SPAWN. GET A CLUE PEOPLE- THE MATH DOES NOT ADD UP AND THE CF ARE TIRED OF PAYING FOR YOUR POOR CHOICES.
in the UK they are now planning for a 10 hour school day, coz their parents are working.

Re: Back to school equals- parents are rid of their children finally
July 27, 2005
I propose a spay/neuter program for these fuckers. If pets--which are much better than shitbags--have to get it done, it's certainly good enough for brat breeders. It would be much less of a tax burden for us if we put the baby factories out of business.
10 hour school day?! No fucking way. How would that work? Would they get out of school early for summer? Longer breaks? only go to school four days instead of 5? 10 hour days are too long for students, and waaaay too long for teachers. Of course if the pay is upped, then I am in.
well apparently they will pay teachers a little more money to look after the kids, or they will get companies to sponsor.

oh no they wont make it 4 days a week,

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040905-044726-8030r.htm

London, England, Sep. 5 (UPI) -- Britain's Education Secretary Charles Clarke was expected Sunday to expand a plan that allows schools to stay open for a 10-hour day

The plan's aim is to provide a schedule that fits with working parents, the Times of London reported Sunday.

Funding has already been given to some 250 schools to stay open from 8am to 6pm. Money for an additional 1,000 schools to join the program could be announced by Clarke as soon as Wednesday, the Times said.

Currently, two-thirds of Britain's schools offer programs outside of the normal school day.
and here what worries me is the private companies, this afterschool thing is sponsored by sony or macdonalds.. (well maybe or maybe not)

http://www.politics.co.uk/public-services/education/kelly-plans-shake-up-school-hours-$13043720.htm

The Education Secretary is planning to extend school hours in order to help working parents.

Ruth Kelly will announce plans for an extended schools scheme on Monday, under plans which could see English schools staying open from 8am to 6pm.

The £680 million Government programme would enable all children under 14 to join in extra- curricular activities by 2010.

As part of the "Kelly hours" scheme, both primary and secondary schools would be required to provide activities to pupils which could include include sports, language tuition, music and art groups and breakfast clubs.

Teachers would not be required to supervise activities outside lesson time, with responsibility instead falling on volunteers or private companies.

Announcing details of the new proposals ahead of a visit to a London primary school on Monday, Ms Kelly told the Sunday Telegraph: "The best schools are delivering extended services already."

"They know that children will be better placed to achieve their full potential if they are in child care that allows them to complete their homework, keep fit and healthy and have fun."

But one teaching union has warned that the budget for the new activities will be spread too thinly.

"The emphasis given to the lack of pressure on teachers to deliver this scheme is welcome, but for many schools, their ability to offer such activities will be constrained by the physical limits of their premises and lack of appropriate resources," said Steve Sinnott, the general secretary of the National Union of Teachers.

"Such problems cannot be overcome simply by wishing them away," he added.
So this is basically an afterschool program for those who want it. Who will be paying for this?

I don't see it as a bad thing, if the parents have to put up money for it, but if the tax payers are paying for these enrichment programs, then no fucking way. And it most definitely should not come out of the school budget!
the government, and or sponsors (private companies who may sell advertising direct to kids)
In the US there are already after school and before school programs that operate at a loss. No business can operate that way- so you can be sure that Uncle Sam is picking up the tab. All schools in the US are already highly influenced by advertising. Most lunchrooms have pizza hut Monday or taco bell Tuesday. Many schools have channel one- with translates into free TV’s for schools but forced ads. too kids 5 days a week for about 10 mins. There are contracts with Pepsi or coke and they can only sell those brands at that school. There are special learning packages or curriculum sent to teachers from this or that interest- pretty posters looking like they are about education, but really just another form of advertising. Children are captive consumers and no matter what time of the day- I promise you that there is someone trying to sell them something. So back to the after school programs, some of the money comes from the gov. don't be fooled by some smart talking person saying there will not be any added cost to the tax payer- it will and it always is.
I just had a thought--
A lot of parents might end up despising this 10-hour school day. Don't a lot of them use their "gotta pick up kids" excuse to leave work early?
ah but then they will say poor ickle diddums is sick.

and anyway, the latest is that moo's can have completely flexible working, thats what they are planning, these moo's can go into work, when they want, leave when they want, so long as the work it done (can you say dumped on CF).. and they get the same pay and everything..

just one tiny thing.. they never mention flexible hours for men, or the cf.. i think its out in america, but the UK are saying wow

http://tinyurl.com/czvfm
I reckon you're right, merc1. They'll play the "my Holy Chyyydd is sick" card.
Damn.
**...just one tiny thing.. they never mention flexible hours for men, or the cf**

Of course not, because there are no such things. WEll, maybe for men if they are the primary care giver for their children, but if you don't have children, you are fucked. Every cfer knows this. Many parents are in denial that this kind of discrimination takes place.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.