Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sprogs getting killed by cars

Posted by cfdavep 
Sprogs getting killed by cars
November 02, 2018
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/7-old-boy-killed-school-bus-stop-pennsylvania-205200281--abc-news-topstories.html

The media is into this now. There are probably about the same # of kids killed running to the bus stop every year, but this being November the il sizzler thing has to be put on the shelf.

Parents on the comments are saying that kids need training on the fact that cars kill and how to look both ways.

When I was a kid I never even saw the types of driver's that exist today, but there seemed to be a fear of cars that maybe kids today don't have, or maybe the media is just reporting freak accidents for click bait.
Re: Sprogs getting killed by cars
November 02, 2018
the number of drivers that ignore school bus signs, school slow zones has increased imo. it really is no longer safe (I think) for kids to walk to school. many of the roads near me, the idiotic design, on straight spans of road there is plenty of room on the shoulder but, at tops of hills and on curves, the shoulder virtually goes away. I see this over and over again.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 03, 2018
While driving back from the grocery store with my FIL, he had to slam on the brakes because some young kid was running toward the road with no sign of stopping.

The kid DID stop just before the end of the pavement, and once it's handler caught up, she yanked the kid's arm and started yelling and screaming at it.

The pair of us just shook our heads. Why wasn't the parent holding the kid's hand the whole time? It's a built up area, with lots of cars and some of them doing ridiculous speeds down the side streets.
November 04, 2018
I think there's probably fault on both sides. Kids are raised with no fear of anything (including consequences of their actions), and since none of them listen to their parents at all anyway, they have no reason to not run into traffic because why not? Meanwhile, we now have a ton of asshole drivers who think they own the road, text while driving, feel they are too special for road signs/laws, and are generally total space cadets behind the wheel. This is a very bad combination and can very easily result in people getting killed.

Why was the driver so disconnected from their surroundings that they not only didn't see the kid in the road, but also didn't even realize they hit someone? I'd also like to know if the kid actually attempted to be safe or if they just wandered into the road because they felt they were invincible.

I always slow down if I'm driving and there are kids on the sidewalk walking or biking because I don't trust the little turds. Even kids who are old enough to know better could very easily bolt in front of me without warning and I need to be ready to stop. I refuse to get charged with vehicular manslaughter because of someone's brain-dead sprog Darwinizing itself on my hood.
November 05, 2018
I've heard more pedestrians in general are getting killed because they aren't paying attention. Earlier this week I saw an old guy talking on his cell phone who was briefly standing in the middle of the street. Fortunately this was a parking lot. If it was a busy street he would have been road pizza. Nobody has any common sense anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login