Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

oh, the great car seats for Uber and Lyft controversy!

Posted by reeniebessagain 
oh, the great car seats for Uber and Lyft controversy!
November 19, 2018
I see on the DC news tonight that parruunts are perplexed about what to demand from these ride services. Why, shouldn't ALL the drivers have a selection of the proper size and color of car seats for whatever age of little darlings you show up with??!! If you bring all five of your car-seat-aged crotch fruit, may they not be required to have that many in their trunks? And if the car DOES have seats, won't I also need a certificate saying that my baybee's seat has been properly disinfected before you offer it to me? Oh, and my dear one cannot accept a "Boy Color" seat, if it's a girl , or vise versa, right. And of course, there should be no charge for this service.
Re: oh, the great car seats for Uber and Lyft controversy!
November 20, 2018
Almost in the same category about seat belts in school buses. After never requiring snotleigh or bratleigh to wear theirs in cars they expect the bus driver to make sure the bastards are restrained? what a joke

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 20, 2018
Perhaps some Uber and Lyft drivers can offer an old school bus to haul around parunts and their brats. They can hose off the seats and have 15 car seats for every age and gender preference. And charge for all the extras. Oh, breeders thought EVERYONE would absorb the cost? If they do this Uber and Lyft prices will soon cost more than taxi service and be put out of business. And isn't the point of Uber and Lyft to be less expensive and more convenient?
November 20, 2018
These "ride share" services are nothing more than glorified hitchhiking via technology. Considering some of the antisocial (and sometimes criminal) activity associated with these services, the car seat should be the least of the parents' worries.
November 20, 2018
You can't please these assholes. If there are no car seats for their brats (when they probably don't have car seats for them in their own vehicles), they'll throw fits about discrimination against parents. If there's a car seat but it's not the right size, they'll scream that it's a safety hazard and that these services are ageist. If there are car seats for every age/size child, they'll bitch about how it's not the best car seat money can buy, or it's not the one they have or any other trivial bullshit "problem" they can conjure up. If you were to have a special parent shuttle equipped with proper child safety equipment (and charged more for it, accordingly), there'd be screaming about discrimination against parents and how they deserve cheaper fares (or to ride for free) because they have kids and are therefore entitled to discounted/free everything.

Uber/Lyft are services where people drive their own personal vehicles like taxi cabs and they can't be expected to accommodate every single need of every single rider. I don't think it's a horrible idea to have some drivers with child seating available and offer the ability to find a driver on that basis (and charge more since I feel like this is considered an "add-on"), but since not every single passenger is a breeder, every single driver should not be expected to have seating accommodations for very young kids.
November 21, 2018
I'm with you, Cambion...there are ways it could be added in as an extra cost. Lyft designates their available vehicles as "Lyft" and Lyft XL". XL rides cost more. Maybe Lyft drivers could also add another classification option...drivers willing to take babies and small kids could list their vehicles as "Lyft Jr." or "Kiddie Lyft", meaning their vehicle is carseat/booster compatible and they don't mind having carseats, boosters, and kids in their car. They can charge more for that convenience. The parents supply the proper safety equipment. The end.

Lyft drivers are not obligated to take every potential fare. And not all of them want the liability of having a kid in the car (many states have laws explicitly stating that the adult driver is responsible for making sure kids are appropriately buckled in at all times...it's one reason why buses don't have seat belts). I would not want that liability if I were a Lyft driver!
November 21, 2018
Ehhh...I say stick 'em all on some kind of Shawshank Redemption Prison bus.
November 22, 2018
randomcfchick
Lyft drivers are not obligated to take every potential fare. And not all of them want the liability of having a kid in the car (many states have laws explicitly stating that the adult driver is responsible for making sure kids are appropriately buckled in at all times...it's one reason why buses don't have seat belts). I would not want that liability if I were a Lyft driver!

I wouldn't, either. If there was an accident that maimed or killed a kid, I don't imagine it would matter whose fault it was; that Lyft/Uber driver's life would be hellish after.
November 28, 2018
The optimist in me hopes there's some observant and enterprising PNB empty nester who has a stash of carseats and realizes this is a great side hustle. It's a simple matter of supply and demand.
November 28, 2018
mumofsixbirds
Ehhh...I say stick 'em all on some kind of Shawshank Redemption Prison bus.

With blackberry bush limbs in the seats at no extra cost!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login