Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Next-level PPD: Post-partum psychosis

Posted by Cambion 
Next-level PPD: Post-partum psychosis
December 04, 2018
https://www.boredpanda.com/postnatal-depression-psychosis-parenting/?cexp_id=14102&cexp_var=5&_f=featured

I've heard of this condition before, but never heard what exactly goes on. This woman went from (allegedly) zero mental health problems to hallucinating that her infant had morphed into a black-eyed alien in front of her, along with other delightful symptoms such as constant sobbing in the bathroom and straight-up loathing the kid until she got help from various shrinks.

While I'm glad she was able to get help she needed before deciding to chuck her baby out of her 13th story window, it's scary to think that around 10 percent of women who reproduce experience post-partum psychosis and I don't know if there are risk factors or if it just happens. I mean, if you ask me, you have to be mentally unwell to a degree to want to have kids in the first place, but if you can go from a relatively sane individual to nucking futs all from having a child that you WANTED, that's rather frightening.

To be honest, I'm surprised more Moos haven't latched onto this term as a trendy diagnosis because PPD just isn't victim-y enough and it doesn't make them as special if every other new Moo gets it.
Re: Next-level PPD: Post-partum psychosis
December 05, 2018
Ha, a really nice article to fuck apart piece-by-piece *knuckle crack*.

How it starts with "gave birth to my BEAUTIFUL daughter"....don't these breeders get how overused that bullshit sentence is..?
First of all - there's no such thing as a "beautiful" loaf. They all are gross as heck and look like a mixture of slime-coated goblin and potato. Plus, their boneshattering screeching makes the noise of nails on a blackboard sound like a well-composed symphony. Thinking from that standpoint, hallucinating that her sprog morphs into an alien isn't that far fetched to begin with. LOL
And if she hated the fucking shit outta the loaflet - why in fucks name call it beautiful??? I smell hypocrisy.

Its plain ridiculous how she said she "betrayed evolution" and being "an embarassment to the human species" by not liking her DNA mess.
As if she plain-out admits that she just follows the cow herd of "we-must-procreate"-zombies, instead of listening to her intuition instead.
This freaking attitude that every woman is obliged to be a fucking incubator. The nerve!

It's amusing, how they nowadays call Buyer's (or Sprogger's) Remorse "post natal psychosis", just to make it more "appropriate" to the kyd-centric society. Laughable.
Obviously the shrinks "cured" her. More like brainwashed her with even more breeder logic. "Love her to bits" my ass. That is, if that story isn't a heap of cooked up bullshit in the first place.
But even if it is, articles like those will just encourage moos all over the place to even more play the victim card to justify their entitlements and discriminate childfree people even more. Yippie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
December 05, 2018
So how long before this becomes a Lil' Sizzler defense?
December 05, 2018
I think this already has been used in a defense. I can't remember her name right now, but I think that woman who drowned her four kids in the bathtub pleaded insanity from postpartum psychosis. She was admitted to a mental hospital. I think she may still be there.

I remember watching this episode of Deadly Women, where one woman chopped off her baby's arms, claiming that God was telling her to do it. I think she also had this psychosis problem. I don't exactly remember what happened to her, but I believe she was also put in a mental ward.

Just Googled the first one's name. It was Andrea Yates.
December 05, 2018
mumofsixbirds

Oh, yeah, her. I didn't remember that she claimed her psychosis was birth-related. Didn't she say she wanted another kid, or was that some other stellar parental example?
December 05, 2018
So I guess this is extreme buyer's remorse. Also, one part I missed before said she was discharged one year after giving birth. Wait, so she was in a nut house for an entire year from calving? Or she was admitted sooner and just happened to get out around the time her kid turned one? Because if it's the former, that makes this even more scary to think that the simple act of sluicing could make you lose your mind enough to be confined to an institution for a whole year. If it was one of us, sure, needing psychiatric intervention would make sense because the kid would be unwanted. But this woman not only wanted this loaf, she tried for years to have it.

And I wouldn't doubt for a second that some Moos might try to use this as a PNA excuse if they manage to latch onto it. Bringing such things into the spotlight via the media is great for awareness so fewer people suffer, but unfortunately that awareness can also result in a lot of fakers, and whether or not they get away with it won't change the fact that they offed their kids.
December 05, 2018
kittehpeoples
mumofsixbirds

Oh, yeah, her. I didn't remember that she claimed her psychosis was birth-related. Didn't she say she wanted another kid, or was that some other stellar parental example?

I'm not entirely sure now. There have been so many examples of parents offing their kids, I have trouble keeping them all straight.

Sorry, it was five kids.

Here's an article I found about her. https://psychnews.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/appi.pn.2016.12b20
December 05, 2018
I knew someone who had this. She told me that she heard voices and they sang to her. She was in the loony bin for several months and she desperately wanted to do ECT but her husband and family refused. (They had control of her because she was declared incompetent.)

It had to be a hormonal thing because after she had a total hysterectomy the same thing happened.

To her credit she did not get pregnant again but it really tanked her life. Her marriage did not survive and she lost a well paying job.
December 05, 2018
kittehpeoples
mumofsixbirds

It was her husband, Rusty Yates, who wanted another kid. He's a member of that quiverfull cult where they force their wives to have as many children as possible.
December 06, 2018
I was actually horrified when I heard that Yates story a few years back.
She seemed to be having mental health issues before too, but that religious breeder asshole she met, broke her totally. I felt so sorry for her.
That son of a bitch of a "husband" did nothing to help her, and bred anyway, despite being warned by the shrinks, that THAT would happen eventually.
I mean even after she snapped, killed, and was being convicted for it, that breeder asshole had nothing else in mind than to continue breeding, and he divorced her and did so. Its totally his fault that the murders happened in the first place.
These religious breeders are the worst.
December 06, 2018
There’s also the woman who cut off the arms of her 11-month old daughter because she was having religious hallucinations from post-partum psychosis that was going untreated other than Jeebus.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
December 07, 2018
skyeyes
It was her husband, Rusty Yates, who wanted another kid. He's a member of that quiverfull cult where they force their wives to have as many children as possible.

That quiverfull bunch is SO creepy....
December 07, 2018
paragon schnitzophonic
There’s also the woman who cut off the arms of her 11-month old daughter because she was having religious hallucinations from post-partum psychosis that was going untreated other than Jeebus.

I think that's the one I was referring to above. I saw that on Deadly Women and it horrified and sickened me.
December 07, 2018
bastet, the prosecutor in that case tried every way and sunday to find something to prosecute mr randy. nothing on the books unfortunately. I think he hated mr yates. just wonder how many idiots out there thought and said 'poor daddict'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 07, 2018
Definetly, it shocked me too, when I heard and read, with what a hate that mentally ill woman was met everywhere, while duh got his metaphorical balls licked by everybody, despite how emotionless and cold he was about the whole case, and effordlessly moved on to the next broodmare.

No questions asked. She got her life and health wrecked by a woman-hating, radical and bullying breeder cult? she was subjected to the immense inhuman pressure? She had sex and pregnancy forced unto her constantly by an equally messed up "husband", despite, medically certified, not being of sound mind and suicidal? She never experienced any love or understanding?

Who cares! Its all about the CHUYLDRUN and the DADDIEH. I mean of course, the loss of lives is tragic, no question, but it wasn't mainly her fault. She got pushed into this situation, without any way out, and at some point, her mind obviously and foreseeably yielded.

If not for this religious bullshit, she never would have been forced to sprog after sprog after sprog, or get off the meds in the first place.
And everything would have been okay.

I really don't understand, why no evidence was found against the duh or that crazy ass priest, for that matter. I mean, both the sick letters that religio-nut and his lap-wifey wrote to her and the preachings he did were there, open to see. Even the teachings of this fucker, where he literally sais that "its better to drown yourself than raise children wrongly" while calling her in the letters "wicked & evil" and doing everything "wrong". Hello?! I mean what more evidence is needed, to show that the mental illness triggers and therefore the murders itself are duh's and mr. hellfire-priest's fault?
This whole stuff is beyond any logic. Isn't it logic, that if a mentally highly unstable individual is daily confronted with radical, corroding and violent religious teachings/indoctrination, then this person is very likely to deeply believe, absorb and actually execute these violent deeds..?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom & Art & Music >>>>>>>>>> human spawn

"Music is immortal. People are not."
-William Anger, "King's Story" - Thief2 FM by Zontik
December 07, 2018
We live in a sick society. That's all I have to say.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 08, 2018
Cambion
While I'm glad she was able to get help she needed before deciding to chuck her baby out of her 13th story window, it's scary to think that around 10 percent of women who reproduce experience post-partum psychosis and I don't know if there are risk factors or if it just happens. I mean, if you ask me, you have to be mentally unwell to a degree to want to have kids in the first place, but if you can go from a relatively sane individual to nucking futs all from having a child that you WANTED, that's rather frightening.

With a 10% chance of post-partum psychosis plus the decent odds of having a defecto-loaf of some kind you'd think more people would decide the risks outweigh the rewards. Especially if the man and/or woman also has bad genes.
December 08, 2018
freya
With a 10% chance of post-partum psychosis plus the decent odds of having a defecto-loaf of some kind you'd think more people would decide the risks outweigh the rewards. Especially if the man and/or woman also has bad genes.

But nobody does the research, and heaven forbid we have medically accurate sex ed in schools! People don't have kids because they've read and studied and considered the possible outcomes. They do it because of (pick any bingo and insert it here), or worse, because they happen to get pregnant.
December 08, 2018
mumofsixbirds
paragon schnitzophonic

I think that's the one I was referring to above. I saw that on Deadly Women and it horrified and sickened me.

Dina Schlosser. I remember that episode too, fuck me it was horrifying. Can you imagine the therapy bills of people involved in that case? Especially the police officer that discovered the baby's body.

Cultist religions have a lot to answer for.
December 10, 2018
kittehpeoples
freya

But nobody does the research, and heaven forbid we have medically accurate sex ed in schools! People don't have kids because they've read and studied and considered the possible outcomes. They do it because of (pick any bingo and insert it here), or worse, because they happen to get pregnant.

This is exactly it. Doctors warn women that getting breast implants means replacing them about once every 10-15 years and lots of women are still shocked when they have to do this. What happens if a woman no longer has the money to do this? Does a 25 year old think about having to have 5 or more additional surgeries during her lifetime?

I'd think any medical procedure would be worth a study of the possible outcomes because often they aren't so rosy.
December 10, 2018
freya
I'd think any medical procedure would be worth a study of the possible outcomes because often they aren't so rosy.

To me this is also in the same category as people who get pets without researching them. You're taking on the responsibility of someone else's life; you owe it to them to be prepared. And yet. eye rolling smiley
December 10, 2018
bastet: in addition, mr yates piously spouted that he had taken his wife to several psychiatrists and they didn't help her. what I think really happened is they were probably relatively good shrinks who told mr sacred penis that it had to be put on hold and no more kids. I think he just shopped around until he got one that told him to go ahead and breed as many times as he wanted. can't prove it but I think that was another aspect. fuck mr yates. i just hope there's a spot in hell for him.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login